This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
    Hold the reset button in and see if u get recovery if u do get finless and install it
    Tried that. It won't go into recovery either.

Comment

Looks like you'll need to short your pins

Comment

Looks like you'll need to short your pins
        Ok thanks for the info. So how do I do that and what pins do I need to short?

Comment

Originally posted by polys View Post
          Ok thanks for the info. So how do I do that and what pins do I need to short?

this is the thread i helped someone else with all the info you need is there

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...uare-need-help

this is the thread i helped someone else with all the info you need is there
            I'm trying to follow that thread but i'm not really sure where to start. Putting on the SD card - which i created with bootcardmaker (using uboot.bin in amlogic root) - your recovery.img and any zip file with the proper factory_update_param.aml doesn't do anything.

Comment

I'm trying to follow that thread but i'm not really sure where to start. Putting on the SD card - which i created with bootcardmaker (using uboot.bin in amlogic root) - your recovery.img and any zip file with the proper factory_update_param.aml doesn't do anything.
              that was because he had no light at all we managed to get a responce from his box. im not sure what your box is doing ill asume no light. In all honesty i think you need 2 partitions on the sd card for android to boot properly anyway that stuff was to test the boxes state. Just put my bootloader.img on sdcard with bootcardmaker rename it to u-boot.bin and put the recovery.img and copy finless rom to the card dont expect it to install this way youll need to install the probox image. You just want something bootable on the sd card initially.

Your box is broke or bricked. short the nand pins with this memory card in hold in reset and power up. I need to look more into the default names of files on the sd card I know you can attach a tty to set the env varaibles to boot a particular kernel but donrt worry about that part. after you see the failed recovery screen take it from there. Also copy the u-boot.bin onto the sdcard as well ass adding it with bootcardmaker. That is supposed to boot the recovery.img not seen it working properly yet though just maker sure my u rename my bootloader.img to u-boot.bin is all you need to worry about if you want to try stock install if it fails like i think it will just use the probox image
              Last edited by grant2258; 12-27-2014, 18:46.

Comment

I have blue light on the box. It just won't show anything on screen and won't boot into recovery. What's the process I should follow?

Comment

I have blue light on the box. It just won't show anything on screen and won't boot into recovery. What's the process I should follow?

1) get am tools
                  2) downoad my recovery.img and and bootloader.img from the other thread
                  3) rename my bootloader.img too u-boot.bin
                  4) start bootcardmaker
                  5) pick your sdcard drive letter (make sure its the right letter or youll ruin you hard drive partition you use)
                  6) tick yes to format and partition
                  7) click open and pick my u-boot.bin
                  8) press make ( press start when the dialog to format comes up)

9) download finless 1.8 if you dont have it
                  10) copy the following to your sdcard you just formatted with bootcardmaker
                  em8_finless18.zip
                  factory_update_param.am
                  recovery.img ( the one from my other thread)
                  u-boot.bin (my bootloader.img you renamed to u-boot.bin)
                  (eject the sd card from windows) remove

11) put the sdcard in your m8 hold the recovery pin down (at least 30 seconds) dont worry about no display wait 5 minutes for flash to install if its working it will reboot within that time

12 if nothing happens do the same with the nand pins shorted ( 17 and 18), reset button in and power on.

edited to fix short location
                  Last edited by grant2258; 12-28-2014, 12:11.

Comment

1) get am tools
                    2) downoad my recovery.img and and bootloader.img from the other thread
                    3) rename my bootloader.img too u-boot.bin
                    4) start bootcardmaker
                    5) pick your sdcard drive letter (make sure its the right letter or youll ruin you hard drive partition you use)
                    6) tick yes to format and partition
                    7) click open and pick my u-boot.bin
                    8) press make ( press start when the dialog to format comes up)

9) download finless 1.8 if you dont have it
                    10) copy the following to your sdcard you just formatted with bootcardmaker
                    em8_finless18.zip
                    factory_update_param.am
                    recovery.img ( the one from my other thread)
                    u-boot.bin (my bootloader.img you renamed to u-boot.bin)
                    (eject the sd card from windows) remove

11) put the sdcard in your m8 hold the recovery pin down (at least 30 seconds) dont worry about no display wait 5 minutes for flash to install if its working it will reboot within that time

12 if nothing happens do the same with the nand pins shorted ( 7 and 8), reset button in and power on.
                    Ok, tried up to step 11 and didn't work. Still nothing on the screen. I guess I have to short the pins. This is a photo i just took. Can you please point the right pins to me? What's the best-easiest way to short them?

Comment

Ok, tried up to step 11 and didn't work. Still nothing on the screen. I guess I have to short the pins. This is a photo i just took. Can you please point the right pins to me? What's the best-easiest way to short them?

had to get gimp to edit the image not used it befofre so im no artist. You will see some refer to pin 17 and 18 its all the same if you count it from the wrong side its 17 and 18.
                      Attached Files

Comment

had to get gimp to edit the image not used it befofre so im no artist. You will see some refer to pin 17 and 18 its all the same if you count it from the wrong side its 17 and 18.
                        not sure if i'm doing something wrong but i still can't see anything. Should i see the recovery immediately? Should i keep shorting the pins for 30secs while also holding the reset button? I'm using a paper clip to short the pins

Comment

Put the memory card in you made earlier keep the reset button in short the pins then power up pins should be shorted at all times. Then the box should boot recovery with the card in u made even if it's just shows failure. Did your box fail an update or was there some other problem. You could have blown the hdmi If the tv and the box where on when you plugged the hdmi in.

Comment

In my experience if your really hard bricked and have to short pins, the recovery wont come up. Only the USB port will come up in which you can then use the flash tool. Oh and you need to have the jumper jumped to enable the USB port. This was for the ENY/Acemax M8.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Also for me it is not 7&8 counting down from the chip. It is 7&8 counting up from the bottom (as I recall that's 17&18 when counting down from the top??? but I do not remember now).

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

The recovery shows up and fails if you put a bootloader and that recovery.img with boot card maker and a working uboot on a ott box. The jumper isint needed on the ott box for usb either and the box won't boot Into recovery with the sd card with the jumper on but it will with the jumper off. I think it's something else going on with the box though cause it did flash the probox2 image 100%. The best he can do is hope the nand was corrupt and flash via usb after doing the short. The thing is this changes from box to box. I think I'll remove the bootloader images from now on when updating cause that seems to be the bad apple for the other boxes. I'm going to get a usb tty and see if it's hooked up on my box and see what's going on when a bootloader is on the sdcard

Comment

Working...
                                X