Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying same method myself. It went through the process but never came on. Trying again now and even though I get blue light now I get no boot screen.

Comment

Yeah im happy that it works exactly same stock rom, only weird that youtube app still suports only 360p after app update and before update 720p with lag, not in clean full hd. But i'm glad that kodi works fine, theres also youtube addon which is not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by waj1234 View Post
        Trying same method myself. It went through the process but never came on. Trying again now and even though I get blue light now I get no boot screen.
        keep holding the reset button inside AV-IN(headphones chinch), with a toothpik, you will hear and feel a button inside. Keep holding it untill the ironman pic disapears, and of course check out if u choose the right HDMI signal on TV.

Comment

Tried holding reset button for 2 mins bur still nothing. First time I tried it went to android man after m8 boot screen logo and went through process and even went to mbox screen. Then it went black screen. Tried rebooting but then stuck on m8 screen again. Now just blank screen but still have blue light. It is on correct hdmi selection also. Stumped now.

Comment

Heres how my sd looks. Ive loadet the uboot first wih the boot card maker (try maybe different uboot no idea, there 2 more in that tool so could test it with all 3' but i prefer the one from the rom) and addet other files after format, and that chineses file maybe not nesesery but to be sure ive addet it too from the boot cardmaker location, other files from that zip download. And the resent button hold it before u plugin in the power. Maybe for 5-30seconds u have to hold it u till the ironman disapears complete from the screen.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Mine looks same apart from the chinese file as that did not come in the zip. Plus no signal is coming from hdmi at all even though it detects its connected. Looks like it has had it, will just buy another.

Comment

You'll have to take pics of your mobo and post them here.

Comment

Pic of my motherboard attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hmm seems your on a earlier mobo revision again.. maybe you could try an earlier stock firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Ploggy View Post
                      Hmm seems your on a earlier mobo revision again.. maybe you could try an earlier stock firmware?

That's the problem with these cheap chinese boxes, the lack of real support. No idea which firmware is the right one to choose.

Comment

First of all read this thread http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...gb-ram-6330-ap

or You can try this one but I dunno if it will work. http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-boxes.html

Comment

Hi guys,
                          I followed the instructions of this topic, but when I opened the box, the board was totally different.
                          Anyone can say me how to unbrick this? Thanks
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Just try different stock roms of m8, m8s, (tto unbrick the roms must have the uboot file and use the sd tool) from chinagadgetsreviews.com (edit* better: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....0&by-date=true ) , go on search, type m8 and also m8s one of the many roms for m8, will work. There are different build numbers so not all all even if you see s812 2gb ram, means not that it's exactly your chipset.
                            Last edited by Adamdroid; 12-12-2015, 13:15.

Comment

Can confirm M8 V8_6 is actually M8S 812...i just unbricked. You guys ROCK!

Comment

Now..as i see via toothpick method it dont open recovery menu..so i suppose there is no recovery? How to get to recovery?

Comment

Working...
                                X