Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot install any custom rom..anybody knows the solution?

Comment

Same here with custom roms because there so many different boxes with same name, the one stock rom works, but really not good like promessed, connectins goes crazzy, many videos not working lagging like youtube not in full hd, twitch app (for testing) not even in sd. No auto detection in full hd. There's something wrong with my m8 box, but seems like a system problem for me.

Comment

Same here I have the M8S with the M8 V8_6 board. Same problem with putting firmware on.

Comment

Try here that link it's already sort by date so you will see the newst stock roms, try all different builds untill it works. My Box looks outside like M8 but it's the M8s so ive searched for the m8s results. Before the build was k200 something ubuntu kernel, now for my box only "bcm" build works and still same ubntu kernel i guess: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....0&by-date=true if you think you don't have this box, type something different like instead of M8s, type M8 on that blog page in search and sort the results by date, after that try different build versions, one will work.

Comment

go here for step by step instructions for any Box
            Your device next firmware is already here!

Comment

streaming box in canada
              Giving you only the best streaming solutions so you can say goodbye to costly cable bills forever.

Comment

Hello
                Someone can help me to unbrick this version(V0.92)? Only blue light up, no screen!
                Thanks
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Adore View Post
                  Hello
                  Someone can help me to unbrick this version(V0.92)? Only blue light up, no screen!
                  Thanks
                  Need more info, what did you do to brick it? Is it a M8, M8N or M8S box, how much memory?
                  The best way to unbrick it, is flash an image with USB burning tool.

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post

Well your right bob it was annoying ....
                    Thanks a lot mate. Got my Ainol Hero 2 back to life again with shorting the 17 and 18 pins! Shorted from the nand closer to the top.

Comment

Was you unbrick M8N with PCBA M9&M8_V1.0 2014/07/07??? I was try with more firmware but still not success

Attached Files
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Sorry. I'm not that familiar with hw or software side of things. The chip was the .. baba with 1252 near pin 1

Comment

Originally posted by hieuhienvn View Post
                          Was you unbrick M8N with PCBA M9&M8_V 1.0 2014/07/07??? I was try with more firmware but still not success

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_15101_1457076929210_199[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_15102_1457076908963_510[/ATTACH]
                          Without press the button reset in the AV port, I can connect with USB Burning tool and I was try to flash with IMG firmware of PROBOX but can not success.
                          Then I was try with BootCard Makrer but it can not install the firmware and go to recovery mode. My model same as 100% with JustMe but I don't know why I can not install any firmware

Comment

Hey everyone

I'm helping a friend setting up his Android box (m8n). To my surprise, some strange Irish vendor called "Jarvis" have modified it, and installed OpenELEC on it, and also removed the recovery environment on it, so it's not possible to boot to the recovery by holding the reset + power button. When turning on the box, you see the "Jarvis Box" logo, and it boots directly to Kodi.

I've found a guide, that explains how to boot a recovery environment using an SD-Card, and flashing another ROM. However, I'm unsure how much these Jarvis guys have modified the box, and I'm afraid of bricking it. Have any of you had any experience with these type of modified m8n boxes? If so: Is it possible to get a Stock m8n ROM (Kitkat 4.4) on it again?

Any feedback is appreciated
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I have M8S+ (plus) box bricked with wrong openelec. PCB: M9&M8_8bit_V1.1 2015/09/2 - M8+20160126-V13 from the back.

Tried all the methods withous sucess. Please help

Comment

Originally posted by thisisevilevil View Post
                                Hey everyone

I'm helping a friend setting up his Android box (m8n). To my surprise, some strange Irish vendor called "Jarvis" have modified it, and installed OpenELEC on it, and also removed the recovery environment on it, so it's not possible to boot to the recovery by holding the reset + power button. When turning on the box, you see the "Jarvis Box" logo, and it boots directly to Kodi.

I've found a guide, that explains how to boot a recovery environment using an SD-Card, and flashing another ROM. However, I'm unsure how much these Jarvis guys have modified the box, and I'm afraid of bricking it. Have any of you had any experience with these type of modified m8n boxes? If so: Is it possible to get a Stock m8n ROM (Kitkat 4.4) on it again?

Any feedback is appreciated
                                You have to deal with seller they lock recovery and custom firmware for box. One of those reseller if fully loaded devices.

Try here...

https://m.facebook.com/messages/read...a79c0f8a797144

If you open device and take photo of main board and chipsets may be someone has seen it before.
                                Last edited by scooter2014; 04-12-2016, 00:17.
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X