Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a m8 box square brand new and tried installing mediamans GEv2 rom which I have done many times with no problems but this time it's bricked my box no light or picture iv tried amalogic tools.rar as posted in this forum but no sign of life iv also tried usb burning tool with probox2 file my box connects to pc no problem but keeps stopping at 2% every time even when shortening the pins it still stops at 2% is there anything else I could try before I throw it in bin ??

Comment

I can connect with it M8 but when I flash firmware of Probox2 EX, it stop after 9th second, I was try more time but it still have this problem, no display to show, what should I do now?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by regy27 View Post
        I have a m8 box square brand new and tried installing mediamans GEv2 rom which I have done many times with no problems but this time it's bricked my box no light or picture iv tried amalogic tools.rar as posted in this forum but no sign of life iv also tried usb burning tool with probox2 file my box connects to pc no problem but keeps stopping at 2% every time even when shortening the pins it still stops at 2% is there anything else I could try before I throw it in bin ??
        try this http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ls-at-2-solved

Comment

Originally posted by badloseruk View Post

I was try but still not success. I use MXQ M10 box with alumium case (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newes...74_75,201409_4), same hardware with M8S. Now it bricked and not show anything to screen.Do you have an idea to fix it?

Comment

I also have this problem, stop at 2%. I was try to reflash more firmware but all of them still stop at 2%, how to resolved this problem?

Comment

I have this M8 (S802, 2GB NANYA RAM, AP6212 WiFi Adapter)

I bricked it trying to install codesnakes' Openelec. Since then I've tryied a lot ROMs to bring it back, and none have worked.

At some point the vendor did send me a ROM, but it says S812 in the name, so I think is not the right one:

I tried it anyway and the thing booted up, but got stuck without finishing the flash.

Using the same recovery.img I've been trying other zip files, but haven't found one that doesn't get stuck.

I looked for a ROM that supports the S802 CHIP and the AP6212 WiFi adapter, and only found this "S802-AP6212-public-20150615.zip" in baidu.com, but the download has expired since.

Has anyone come across this box before?

Comment

I am struggling too. I tried to install openelec and it looked like it all installed ok but then just no blue light and nothing. Trying this method and can get usb tool to see it and drivers all installed. It just stops at 2% and it says romcode/initialize ddr/usb control setup error

Comment

Same here, cause the GEv2 rom i bricked it, my box: ott m8, mali450, cortex a9, 2gb ram, amlogic k200 something. Ive tryed many img with usb tool, like probox2, stucks on 2%. And i don't understand what means to short pins, you mean to connect it with a wire? Can i post a picture if someone knows how to paint on it what i have exactly to do. Heres the picture.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamdroid View Post
                    Same here, cause the GEv2 rom i bricked it, my box: ott m8, mali450, cortex a9, 2gb ram, amlogic k200 something. Ive tryed many img with usb tool, like probox2, stucks on 2%. And i don't understand what means to short pins, you mean to connect it with a wire? Can i post a picture if someone knows how to paint on it what i have exactly to do. Heres the picture.

Hi mate try this. It worked for me. The only difference between my and your box is your mobo is v8_6 and mine is V8_8.
                    Turns out the "M8" Box I have is actually an M8s....

The Firmware that worked for me is called: M8S_S812_2GB_26102015.zip
                    https://mega.nz/#!V08yhQ6C!e37b8y7F6...T1b5Ld2vwmTJa0
                    (You have to use the Boot Card Maker)

Good luck.

Comment

Nice! Thanks alot, i will check it today and post it here as edit or write new post if it works, but i guess sd install will not work because my device had a hardbrick(noblue light), if we could find a tool to transform sd install files to usb install tool img, that would be great.

Comment

Nice! Thanks alot, i will check it today and post it here as edit or write new post if it works, but i guess sd install will not work because my device had a hardbrick(noblue light), if we could find a tool to transform sd install files to usb install tool img, that would be great.

Exactly the same as me mate (No Blue Led) but the sd card way worked for me

Comment

Theres a password for the mega download, do you know it?

Comment

Theres a password for the mega download, do you know it?

There's no password on my end. just downloaded it again to be sure.. try a different browser or something? Also make sure you click "download through your browser"

Comment

I did but now it's startimg without asking for password. And i used the sd toll and i see Blue light again and iron man on screen. Great! Now i have just to wait?
                              Edit: still same picture. Hope i did everything right, used the uboot from the rom in the maker.
                              Edit2: Works, just even after the ironman apears i had to hold the reset button.
                              Last edited by Adamdroid; 11-17-2015, 08:28.

Comment

Good, glad your back up and running again mate

Comment

Working...
                                X