• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
    1) get am tools
    2) downoad my recovery.img and and bootloader.img from the other thread
    3) rename my bootloader.img too u-boot.bin
    Where can i get "am tools" and "recovery.img" ? Whats the other thread? Where can i get bootloader.img?

Links would be nice...

Already ran the bootcardmaker with the u-boot.bin that was in that package... now get the bluelight on but what now?
    Please help!!

Edit:
    Got the amtool and recovery.img now and tried to install burning tool but it gives me an error installing usbdriver:

when plugging in usb the blue light directly turns on with the bootloader sdcard inserted.
    In my model there are no jumper pins soldered, just two holes:

Tried Moborobo to detect the box but nothing!
    Please help me!
    Last edited by stahlwolle; 02-11-2015, 07:01.

Comment

Please!!!! Can noone help?

Comment

Originally posted by stahlwolle View Post
        Please!!!! Can noone help?
        Tool

Firmware
        probox2.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf probox2.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

If I've read correctly you want to use release 2 (not sure if the version matters), the image file is the ROM without the TF in the title. Using the method mentioned in this thread I was able to revive the box (did not have to short any pins). Boxes WIFI & LAN worked with this ROM and by applying the original remote config (thanks Justme) made the remote also functional. Will play with it a bit before I install JustMe's ROM.
        Last edited by therabbit; 02-15-2015, 04:56. Reason: content revision

Comment

hi guys,
          is there anybody that can help me with a t8 that's bricked please?
          any instructions or help?
          I have downloaded the Amlogic usb burning tool and believe I've installed the drivers on w7 pc
          than after that I am unsure what to do next?
          the reason it's bricked was the system folder was un-mouted to ftp kodi.apk in but then forgot to re-mount the system file before rebooting now only power button lights up no out via hdmi or network and no recovery to reflash via sd card
          I know this thread is M8 but hopefully someone can help me unbrick this T8
          thanks

Comment

fresh start problem

XBMC keeps restarting fresh and all my repos and all the addons keep on getting deleted everytime I shut down my M8. Has anybody ever encountered anything similar?? I have tried shutting down using different methods but everytime I restart the M8... XBMC is back to fresh start. Any help

Comment

How to unbrick ENY M8S TV-Box?

I accidentally loaded Finless 1.8 for EM8 Square Box ROM to an ENY M8S Amlogic S812 Square Box and bricked it! An example of M8S's PCB Picture
              Now I'm unable to power up the Box (No power light comes up), nothing comes out to monitor at all!
              Does anyone have ideas or thoughts how to unbrick it? Please advise!

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

hi, went away for a few days turned my m8 box on, blue light came on front and stayed on, no picture at all, tried different hdmi leads and ports, tried different power supply plugs. tried to reflash firmware using toothpick sd card and still nothing. tried the above mthod but unable to short nand pins as box is slightly different. got a A-A usb, sleeve on jumper pins, connected box no bother to pc (world cup box) got it connected to usb burning tool, but would only get to 2% using the probox.img then stop. any help please??
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Maybe hardware fault did you get power cuts or lighting while away? Normally bricking devices is done during flashing or similar not left in standby

Comment

nah didnt leave box on standby when i went away, didnt realise i was meant to leave in standby? just been trying again with the usb burning tool (with the speakers on this time) and when it gets to 2% windows is making that noise for disconnecting a usb then makes the reconnect sound and starts again then gets to 2% and does the same

Comment

thing is, i can connect my box (ott tv box M8) to the pc with just the A-A usb cable without jumper or shorting any pins and get the pc to recognise it (world cup box) but it keeps doing the same thing, anyone any help please? before I fling it

Comment

Comment

Comment

anyone help please?

Comment

??????

Comment

I hope you get it sorted but I think from what you have said it's hardware Failure not software

Comment

Working...
                                X