Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I install em8_finless_rom17 display during installation Finish off the screen
    Blue light turns on m8s No picture screen tv
    What should I do to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by haim85 View Post
      I install em8_finless_rom17 display during installation Finish off the screen
      Blue light turns on m8s No picture screen tv
      What should I do to fix this?
      follow step 6 onward first which 99% should works from my original post http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...681#post380681

you will need usb burning tool, probEx2 img male to male usb cable and jumper the 2 pins inside next to the usb port.all img's and files can be found on here

Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post

follow step 6 onward first which 99% should works from my original post http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...681#post380681

you will need usb burning tool, probEx2 img male to male usb cable and jumper the 2 pins inside next to the usb port.all img's and files can be found on here

My brother slowly moment I can not understand English language
        I have to open lid box like the picture?
        What level should I do?
        What a usb connection do I need?
        I have a usb connection on both sides is enough?
        With you can tell me exactly what to do to solve my problem?
        How do I open a box wrench no way to do this?
        Return to work device..

Thank you very much for your help
        Sorry I do not understand English well will use Google Translate
        Thank you for your patience
        It's not like my picture
        Last edited by haim85; 04-17-2015, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post

hi, done as instructed and cant get past 2%, the device just disconnects from windows then reconnects
          Attached Files
          Last edited by watling85; 04-18-2015, 12:06.

Comment

????
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

jumper on pins, power and male usb cable, pc finds world cup device no bother, what am i doing wrong?????
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by watling85 View Post
                  jumper on pins, power and male usb cable, pc finds world cup device no bother, what am i doing wrong?????
                  This device is a Model?

Comment

model M8 sorry

Comment

Originally posted by watling85 View Post
                      model M8 sorry
                      Like mine just m8s
                      What is wrong with you?
                      I stopped working device does not detect another tv screen image rom installation
                      Only blue light appears

I do not know what to do how to get out to fix it

Comment

Hi All,
                        I had a problem with a faulty rom installation (Openelec).
                        After following the instructions on this post (from step 7) I was able to load the probex rom on my m8 and it came back to life.
                        The rom is working but it is not coming up from sleep .
                        I tried to install different rom on the m8 box with no success it stuck in the rom installation (recovery)
                        did someone else facing this issue?
                        Thanks,
                        Shlompid

Comment

Thank you all for contributing to this.
                          I was able to unbrick my EM8 and M8S using Steps on Post #5.

With Windows 8.1 – I had to disable driver signature enforcement.
                          Link: https://youtu.be/gmw86KplqmU
                          1. Get probex.img file ready from http://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware/open up usb burn tool & load the probex img file
                          2. Open up usb burn tool & load the probex img file
                          3. Short pins 17&18 of the tsop 48pin chip dot being pin 1 there is pictures posted here on forums
                          4. Have jumper over otg port pins ( view photo) (not required for me on EM8, no pins found on M8S)
                          5. Have the reset button pressed while connecting power to the device
                          6. connect usb cable and wait for windows to recognize the device and for usb burn tool to show up hub it may take upto 1 minute while reset button is still pressed
                          7. Once recognized ForceFlash (sometimes, you have to START the tool, STOP, and it will allow for FORCE FLASH)
                          8. Keep repeating the process you will get few percentage higher each time
                          9. Upon completion, I simply STOP the tool
                          10. DONE!!!
                          I am up and running using probox 2 firmware.
                          REMOTE does not work, so I had to plug in regular keyboard.
                          Once completed, you can then reflash back to any firmware to your hearts desire.

Thank you again for all of your input everyone.
                          Hopefully this can also help others.
                          Only issue left.
                          I’ve unfortunately lost functionality for one of my USB ports. The one used to flash……. Will have to read and investigate further.
                          BUT definitely better than having a BRICKED device.
                          Cheers,

Comment

Hi guys, i have a problem... I flash my m8 square with rom Probox2 with usb burning, but my ethernet not work. Help Me! Sorry for my english!

Comment

Hi Guys. I accidently flashed a M8N with a M8C firmware and now I can not install any other firmware. It hangs after about 20%. So I used USB burning tool and flashed the Probox2 image succesfully. After that I tried again to flash another rom (zip) on the M8N but still it stops after a while. When I reboot the box it only displays the ProBox logo for ages. So what can I do now? Somebody has a link for a IMG firmware for the M8N or somebody can tell me how to install TWRP and try that ? Thanks.
                              Last edited by damluc; 05-12-2015, 20:41.

Comment

Ive bricked my m8, this is struggle I'm going through to correct it. i blew my ir led some time back. but i know the power cable works as i can see the SPDIF optical input light up/flash

im not sure if got this correct.

I ordered a Male-male usb should arrive by saturday hopefully. but i found an old Easy Transfer Cable by Belkin that i thought would work, Cant seem to get it to work.

this is what i done so far. any help would be appreciated.

Ive short the pins between the usb and hdmi with solder lead

I've short the 17-18 (i hope. hard to see) with solder lead.

Ive pressed and held {30 sec} the recovery while adding the power lead

Please see the attached belkin file exchange lead. whenever it connects it asks to set up file transfer. is there any chance i can change that setting or profile of the usb so its standard male to male.

thanks.

again any help would be great.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X