This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vestiaz View Post
    Is possible that 1.3 mainboard get worst behavior than others?

After fix the adhesive and some pieces of thermal pad at bottom case, the temperature flow through the case keeping it very much warmer than without mod. So, it is working well, I supose It would be better with 5mm. quality thermal pad.

As far as I understand, there are two key points: heatsink over cpu and thermal pad at bottom case for good results.

Heatsink over memory is much cooler than cpu,s one.

I'll keep trying to getting better results
    I do not know what is going on. My pcb is version 1.3 as well, but it worked for me. Good luck again.

Comment

Suggestions please

Hey guys,
      I found in my box of IT junk an old cooler off a Sapphire x1650 video card and I was wondering if one could suggest a way of mounting it in the case.
      it is 64mm x 102mm x 13mm
      does anyone have any ideas about mounting it? Does anyone have the dimensions of the aluminum plate?
      I already tested it with a usb 5v power supply and it is quiet while pushing enough air to make a difference...Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	437359Click image for larger version

Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	437360Click image for larger version

Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	437361Click image for larger version

Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	437362

Comment

I think passive is the best way to go with a heatsink and pad. I used an old 12mm heatsink off an old motherboard and the 5mm thermal pad which keeps running temps under 58C at 100% load. The Pipo X7 with a small Bluetooth keypad is an excellent very quiet computer for low level gaming or general use. On the down side I can see the wife looking at how handy it is coupled up to my TV so it may be reassigned to her tv :-(

Ken.

Comment

Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler

anybody here have tested or used Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler before
          it looks able to make the CPU and chips more Cool

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
            anybody here have tested or used Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler before
            it looks able to make the CPU and chips more Cool
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling
            Sure, the CPU will be cooler... but the hot end of the peltier will be warmer than the CPU !
            You will have to dissipate more heat : the heat from the CPU plus the heat from the peltier... so you'll need a bigger heatsink and probably active cooling

Comment

Originally posted by CRi View Post
              Sure, the CPU will be cooler... but the hot end of the peltier will be warmer than the CPU !
              You will have to dissipate more heat : the heat from the CPU plus the heat from the peltier... so you'll need a bigger heatsink and probably active cooling
              so useless idea , that's why Most of the videos i saw Showing Huge heatsinks and after sometime
              it start making ice in between the CPU and the heatsink.
              and this will lead to short circuit , dead Pipo

Comment

Mine hits 79C when I play super nintendo emulator. I am going to order the thermal pad for the bottom of the device from **** Germany...

Comment

mine is reaching 82 C just for playing a 720P Movie for half hour , i stopped using it till i got my hands on
                  small heatsink and thermal conductive pads to modify it , otherwise my CPU will fried .
                  it seams that the board V1.3 have more heat problems than V1.2

Comment

hello guys,
                    I apologize for my bad English,
                    thank you for all of you who made this thread,
                    especially to Scooby-Doo!
                    I received my box before few days
                    and for that purpose I bought I love it!
                    But like many of you I have problem with temperature,
                    when I use Chrome and watch some flash youtube my box hits 85 C.
                    Now I waiting my orders to make this mod ,
                    I hope not mistake buying them
                    this one I will put on the bottom

http://www.****.com/itm/251753770292...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and these will stick on the alu plate on the top

http://www.****.com/itm/5pcs-30x30x1...19&mfe=sidebar

Am I right direction?
                    Thank you
                    Last edited by Vinchenzo; 03-09-2015, 11:18.

Comment

Looks good. If you have some spare copper or some metal parts at home.you can allready maybe try to put on top of the metal plate and see if that helps till your **** order arrives ( i did it and fixed it with some tape )

Comment

Originally posted by hey69 View Post
                        Looks good. If you have some spare copper or some metal parts at home.you can allready maybe try to put on top of the metal plate and see if that helps till your **** order arrives ( i did it and fixed it with some tape )
                        thank you very much for respond,I will try your suggestion,only scares me how will remove them after,I don't have enough knowledgeabout this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Vinchenzo View Post
                          hello guys,
                          I apologize for my bad English,
                          thank you for all of you who made this thread,
                          especially to Scooby-Doo!
                          I received my box before few days
                          and for that purpose I bought I love it!
                          But like many of you I have problem with temperature,
                          when I use Chrome and watch some flash youtube my box hits 85 C.
                          Now I waiting my orders to make this mod ,
                          I hope not mistake buying them
                          this one I will put on the bottom

http://www.****.com/itm/251753770292...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and these will stick on the alu plate on the top

http://www.****.com/itm/5pcs-30x30x1...19&mfe=sidebar

Am I right direction?
                          Thank you
                          You're on the right track. You did like me and ordered prior to receiving the Pipo. I ordered the same heatsinks from ****. They are about 2mm to tall but will work, they are in mine currently. I have since ordered another set of heatsinks with dimensions of 25x25x12 mm so that they fit a little better. Good luck, Kevin

Comment

thank you very much for your time Kevin, too late I saw your post I had ordered those, but I can order and these

http://www.****.com/itm/200802051035?redirect=mobile

What you think,these have to fit better?
                            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Vinchenzo View Post
                              thank you very much for your time Kevin, too late I saw your post I had ordered those, but I can order and these

http://www.****.com/itm/200802051035?redirect=mobile

What you think,these have to fit better?
                              Thank you
                              They will work. They will make it very tight, and will slightly bend the PCB making the screws tight, that's why 12 mm probably would be ideal. The pad you ordered is perfect and should yield good results. You are welcome.
                              Kevin

Comment

Ok,I got it,
                                2 pieces it's maximum space,I guess

http://www.****.com/itm/131132044387?redirect=mobile

Thank you again

Comment

Working...
                                X