This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kszaq View Post

Thanks for this. I updated from OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-6.0.3.7.tar to LibreELEC 7.0.1.3 and I installed Showbox Build. After first boot I tested a movie which used Specto and when scraping the movie Kodi crashed and restarted. This happened 2 or 3 times and after a few reboots it now seems to be working o.k. I will report any bugs if I find them.

H MAn

Comment

My MXQ result with LibreELEC 7.0.1.3 is fairly good. I also had 1 LED crash/bug as follows. After install 7.0.1.3.tar over OpenELEC as above 6.0.3.7, I decided to flash a bootloader to restore my LED's because all previous attempts to correct my led's failed. As you may or may not remember, I had Disco LED's, a mix of red and blue, so both led's on at same time. So, after boot I am on 7.0.1.3 and my led's are o.k. Then I power off box from menu in Kodi and box shuts down to red led, cool. I then power up box with remote and led turn from red to Disco, great. But, no display/video output. I pull power out and back in and box boots. Box now shuts down from Kodi menu and remote, and powers back up with remote, no issues. Only problem now is I have a red led 100% of the time, so now I never know if the box is off or on.

Update

I just had another hard crash using this skin Titan :-(

Update 2

I just installed OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-6.95.3.1 and the Hard resets are present still so I guess the Titan skin is the issue(Guessing)

H MAn
      Last edited by Hercules Man; 06-04-2016, 01:46.

Comment

LibreELEC 7.0.1.4: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-20...8.html#pid3408

Comment

Hi, how can i flash libreelec? i tryed all the ways with sd card and toothpick method, not working ... i have a mk809b tv android stick original version. I tryed the sd card and nand version to get it running libreelec and no way it will boot the sd card....please someone help me i am out of ideas. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LittleJ View Post
            Hi, how can i flash libreelec? i tryed all the ways with sd card and toothpick method, not working ... i have a mk809b tv android stick original version. I tryed the sd card and nand version to get it running libreelec and no way it will boot the sd card....please someone help me i am out of ideas. Thanks
            This works only on Amlogic S805 and Google says your MK809B has Rockchip SoC. If this is correct, your Android stick is unfortunately unsupported.

Comment

Is it possible to add in the following release the USB Geniatech T220 & T230 ( https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech ) voor PVR DVB-C?

Comment

Originally posted by jongerenchaos View Post
                Is it possible to add in the following release the USB Geniatech T220 & T230 ( https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech ) voor PVR DVB-C?
                I've seen Wrxtasy includes drivers for these tuners in his Odroid-C1 builds, I'll ask him to share the patches.

Comment

I've seen Wrxtasy includes drivers for these tuners in his Odroid-C1 builds, I'll ask him to share the patches.
                  Thank you very much! I will test it if the new version is availible.

I hope that we can create also (in the near future) a NAND ubuntu server version (without SD). It is a very attractive device as cheap fast server I've currently no idea how i can create this nand image. If someone can help me with this new image let me know
                  Last edited by jongerenchaos; 06-14-2016, 18:42.

Comment

Hello, there is a way to use mk808b+ as full time (voice activation if possible) audio recorder?
                    Maybe with some openelec add-on?
                    Thanks

Comment

Will this run on MXQ Pro?
                      How are the updates to this openelec version handle? will it update automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by santi87 View Post
                        Will this run on MXQ Pro?
                        How are the updates to this openelec version handle? will it update automatically?
                        No, this is only for S805. You have to update manually.

Comment

I am sorry if this is a rather stupid question: Is it possible to use your kernel with any of the android ROMs (MK808B+)? The reason is that ALL the current android ROMS to do not support my LG TV HDMI CEC whilst your kernel does. . Although I really like your OpenELEC build I now use Plex exclusively as well as some of the other apps on android. Happy to try and compile on my own of someone can kindly provide some tips on compiling android kernels from a linux .config. I have been unable to obtain a .config from any of the android ROMs. Thanks.

Comment

I have got T230 patch from Wrxtasy but unfortunately it doesn't apply to my kernel tree cleanly. I will see if I can do anything about it for a future build.

Originally posted by smoothquark View Post
                            I am sorry if this is a rather stupid question: Is it possible to use your kernel with any of the android ROMs (MK808B+)? The reason is that ALL the current android ROMS to do not support my LG TV HDMI CEC whilst your kernel does. . Although I really like your OpenELEC build I now use Plex exclusively as well as some of the other apps on android. Happy to try and compile on my own of someone can kindly provide some tips on compiling android kernels from a linux .config. I have been unable to obtain a .config from any of the android ROMs. Thanks.
                            I think you can use my kernel source for Android but you will also need to find a libcec-daemon to make CEC work. The regular Amlogic driver works on kernel-level and provides a virtual keyboard to system, whereas the driver we are using in OE/LE build need a userspace daemon. I have no experience in compiling Android kernel for Amlogic and I can provide no more help, sorry.

@all: S905 LE build is available at LE forum.

Comment

I think you can use my kernel source for Android but you will also need to find a libcec-daemon to make CEC work. The regular Amlogic driver works on kernel-level and provides a virtual keyboard to system, whereas the driver we are using in OE/LE build need a userspace daemon. I have no experience in compiling Android kernel for Amlogic and I can provide no more help, sorry.
                              I thought that might be the case. Thank you for your response.
                              Last edited by smoothquark; 07-09-2016, 22:14.

Comment

Thank you very much! I will test it if the new version is availible.

I hope that we can create also (in the near future) a NAND ubuntu server version (without SD). It is a very attractive device as cheap fast server I've currently no idea how i can create this nand image. If someone can help me with this new image let me know
                                For much extended DVB tuners support please try the latest LibreELEC build: http://sx05.eu/libreelec/7.0.2.3/

Comment

Working...
                                X