This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply.
    I'll consider changing to LE as it seems that is going to be your main development going forward.
    Would it be best practice to use the equivalent LE rom of OE that already works for my box?

Comment

Hello kszaq and thank you for your hard work. I have a question: I own a MXQ with red stripes and I just installed libreElec 7.0.1.1 on the SD card. And in the jarvis-kodi 16.1 I don't have an option for adding subtitle (titlovi.com, opensubtitle, podnapisi). The only option I am offered is None. Can you tell me how to achieve these options?Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by topher67 View Post
        Thanks for the reply.
        I'll consider changing to LE as it seems that is going to be your main development going forward.
        Would it be best practice to use the equivalent LE rom of OE that already works for my box?
        Yes, LE and OE versions are the same on device-specific side and it's best to use the same device-specific LE build. Upgrading from OE to LE should be as smooth as every other update but make a backup just in case.

Originally posted by masaj View Post
        Hello kszaq and thank you for your hard work. I have a question: I own a MXQ with red stripes and I just installed libreElec 7.0.1.1 on the SD card. And in the jarvis-kodi 16.1 I don't have an option for adding subtitle (titlovi.com, opensubtitle, podnapisi). The only option I am offered is None. Can you tell me how to achieve these options?Thank you.
        You need to install subtitles addon.

Comment

kszaqThe LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.1.1 working a treat. I'll see you 'on the other side' - Thanks

Comment

i've been following this thread for a while now but i've been having a look at getting the MXQ PRO 4K S905 as i have a 4k tv and im just wondering if openelec can be put on it? any help would be great

Comment

Originally posted by bossydale View Post
              i've been following this thread for a while now but i've been having a look at getting the MXQ PRO 4K S905 as i have a 4k tv and im just wondering if openelec can be put on it? any help would be great
              These are the only releases that I know of for S905 boxes (by razdolbaev): http://amlinux.ru/image/905/

Comment

Hi kszaq,

I have a 20151230 board. I'm trying the LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.1.1.img.gz SD image.
                Playback is working now.
                I always got:
                [ 24.296454@0] [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_irq_handler(): cec msg status: rx: 0x0; tx: 0x3
                [ 24.296693@1] [amlogic] ##### cec write error! #####
                [ 24.296955@0] hdmitx: cec: TX ERROR!!!
                [ 25.299688@1] CEC: tx msg len: 1 dat: 40
                and doesn't stop.
                I can get only one USB port to work. It's on the HDMI side. The other 3 USB ports don't work.

thank you for work!

regards, gcsuri

Comment

Originally posted by gcsuri View Post
                  Hi kszaq,

I have a 20151230 board. I'm trying the LibreELEC-S805.m201d.arm-7.0.1.1.img.gz SD image.
                  Playback is working now.
                  I always got:
                  [ 24.296454@0] [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_irq_handler(): cec msg status: rx: 0x0; tx: 0x3
                  [ 24.296693@1] [amlogic] ##### cec write error! #####
                  [ 24.296955@0] hdmitx: cec: TX ERROR!!!
                  [ 25.299688@1] CEC: tx msg len: 1 dat: 40
                  and doesn't stop.
                  I can get only one USB port to work. It's on the HDMI side. The other 3 USB ports don't work.

thank you for work!

regards, gcsuri
                  You're seeing CEC error messages because your TV/monitor doesn't support CEC.

Regarding USB, I am using stock device tree USB settings. Do the ports work in Android?

Comment

i'm useing a all black MXQ but i have no playback on anything. im useing image m201d. any help would be great.

I have updated to the latest version and its working perfectly now.
                    Last edited by bossydale; 05-24-2016, 11:48. Reason: SOLVED

Comment

Thank you for your answer!
                      I tried with stock android and it's bad also... it went wrong

regards, gcsuri

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                      Regarding USB, I am using stock device tree USB settings. Do the ports work in Android?

Comment

LibreELEC 7.0.1.2: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-20...5.html#pid2755

Comment

i have a allwinner x2 box and i've been hunting for days for a working openelec to go onto it. does anybody know of 1?

Comment

Hi, I have an all black MXQ box that I am trying to boot openelec via an SD card.

I hve created it thanks to the guides however the factory supplied remote doesn't function when in openelec (or librelec) and does when it is in android. This seems consistent with all the builds from 6.0 on wards that I hve tried.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated as I have been looking for a solution for ages!

Thanks

Comment

have you tried the rest of them apart from the MXQ one?

Comment

LibreELEC 7.0.1.3: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-20...3.html#pid3243

Comment

Working...
                                X