Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have question about power off/on button on remote control. On latest OpenELEC 7.0. This button work on MXQ device? If not how i can fix this problem?

Regards.

Comment

Latest LE, MXQ (red top) CEC stops working like the old Android issue. If I change CEC settings it works again for a while. Are you aware of this?

I have just tested all of the OpenELEC releases and they all exhibit the same problem, to 6.95.2.1 at least. I will continue to try them.
      Last edited by rev6; 07-23-2016, 15:50.

Comment

Hi,
        I just wish to thank you again

Yesterday... i found my old dvd collection i a box... i felt the urge to watch it again
        But i no longer have a dvd player.. but then i found my old external usb DVD player...
        Just for fun.. i tried connecting it to beelink s85 with libre-elec.. and it works perfectly

Cheers (donation incoming)

Comment

Hey @Kszaq
          Im now back to OE after giving LE a go
          The OE works flawlessly with my mxq board AM_MXQ_A 20150825.
          Just 1 question about watching tv channels through dvb-t usb stick with tvh running.
          Having buffering issues on hd channel mostly.
          After surfing the web have came across a post about amlcodec hardware acceleration.
          Tryied to disable that on settings and the buffering issues disappeared but the video was bad.
          Switch it on and the buffering issues are back.
          Have to say all vod from the net work fine with no buffering issues at all
          Connected the stick to my dell and there is no problem with the signal the tv works fine with no buffering.
          Is there somthing i can do?
          Thx for the great work.

Comment

Hi, I am looking for help . I have upgraded my MXQ Pro without any issue with OpenElec but the same file when i used for my another box MQX Plus. it done the installation properly but after installation i got reboot then not display I have check the AV and HDMI both the cables are getting the signals but not display coming.

Can anyone advice me plz
            Last edited by Sherazali; 08-02-2016, 08:17.

Comment

What's the easiest way to upgrade from openelec 6.0.0.1 (kzsaq version) to librelec latest?
              (MK808B+)

Is it possible just to put the file in the update folder?

Comment

Yes, you can update via tar file.

Comment

hi , kszaq
                  I have a small issue updating...
                  device mxq redstipe s85 : currently running 7.0.1.4
                  when I download : /nand/s805 mxq arm 7.0.2.5 (extracted 7.0.2.5 update zip)
                  I get install error: system/build.prop (no such file or dir found)
                  followed by Completed

But.. it just bootloops into Androids recovery

-I reinstalled 7.0.1.4 update..from my backup dir....and the device is working again

Update...
                  Installed 7.0.2.4 on beelink s85 without issues
                  On vega s89 i installed libreelec v8 without issues

New update... used tar..to update to 7.0.2.6 (all is working fine)

Cheers
                  Last edited by mitchell4you; 10-28-2016, 16:20.

Comment

Hi there, will kszaq firmware work on MX Pro S805. ??? Thanks

Comment

Sucessfully installed LE 7.0.2.7 HE18Q on my All Black MXQ HD180v1.2 board via NAND flash after testing via SD card and it's working great! Wifi is stable, remote is recognized, box boots in under 10 seconds. All in all it's brought new life to an otherwise useless box that only ever ran Kodi to begin with.

I have noticed a few issues that I don't know how to fix.

1st issue, the power light stays red. This is not a huge problem as I know when I turned it on and off but it is slightly annoying.
                      2nd issue, pressing the power button on the remote will turn off (sleep) the MXQ but will not turn it back on using the remote. To reboot the box I have to power cycle it manually by unplugging and replugging in the power cord.
                      3rd issue, turning off my TV will presumably power off the box or at least put it to sleep. Again, the remote power button does not allow the box to restart.

These issues are compounded by the fact that the power light is always red so I can't tell at a glance if it's on or off.

Any advice to give? Would disabling CEC allow me to turn off the TV and keep the box on? That would be ideal. I programmed the TV section of my remote to the TV to allow me to turn it off and adjust volume independently of the box.

Comment

Hi kszaq, any plans for LE to support AV6211 tunner? Strugling with some vigica boxes that uses these tuners I love the LE builds, they are so fast and works awesome but I cant make full use of it as tvheadend does not discover the built in tuner. So far I connected an external USB DVB-S2 tuner and it works but the built in tuner is unused due to lack of drivers

I know I can use vitmod and do some magic but its not being updated anymore.

Comment

Hi all,

Does anyone know is there sources and build instructions for S805 like LibewELEC has ?

Thank's

Comment

Can someone here give pointers on how to load OE via the USB port only? My s805 box has no SD card port only USB. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Spekkie View Post
                              fcp.08 Craigthered cathaldub pigbait
                              The realtek drivers available in the ROMS are:

RTL8188EU
                              RTL8192CU
                              RTL8192DU
                              RTL8812AU

From which one at least should work I guess...
                              Realtek drivers tend to seize the wrong device, so it could be that just the wrong diver is used for the module...
                              Could you SSH in the box and see which device comes up at lsusb? And figure out which module is used as driver?

Enother thing is that I have an all black MXQ aswell and flashing the MXQ rom screwed over my device... OpenElec did work, but I couldn't flash anything anymore. I had to revert back to the stock android rom using the Amlogic flash tool and OTG port on the device. After that I flashed the HD18Q rom and all was fine.
                              Mine has a board version of : S805_MXQ_V2.1_150516 and has a RTL8188ETV chip (but is recognised as a RTL8188EU).

So maybe it would be best to start over fresh by flashing the stock rom using the Amlogic flash tool and confirm that everything is working correctly. After that flash the HD18Q rom again to see if that one works...
                              If not we'll start from there.
                              Also, if you could provide a working stock rom that would be helpfull aswell...

To everyone else regarding the silence of kszaq: he hasn't left us, he's just really busy and will return somewhere in the second half of november.
                              Good day,

My box also has a board version of : S805_MXQ_V2.1_150516. However, after flashing the stock rom in the link below, the LED on my box stays red, whether on or off. Any advice/help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the rom: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4l...2_20150609.rar

Kind regards,

Comment

Originally posted by evolovey2k View Post

Good day,

My box also has a board version of : S805_MXQ_V2.1_150516. However, after flashing the stock rom in the link below, the LED on my box stays red, whether on or off. Any advice/help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the rom: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4l...2_20150609.rar

Kind regards,
                                Head over to LibreELEC https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-200.html

Regarding the Red light staying on , the led GPIO Pins is controlled by U-Boot in the firmware you flashed to match the board.
                                Some boxes only Suspend and some Power Off with Red light. I've had some of these boxes with Blue Light on even when turned off after flashing different firmware.
                                It's hit and miss as to led light behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                                X