This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kszaq,

Here is the link to output of the fw_printenv | paste command http://sprunge.us/jUJB

I know that you have never claimed that your ROM works for the MXV and I greatly appreciate all your hard work. I also don't think you should be expected to buy the MXV. You work so very hard helping everyone on here. I would be more than happy to send you one of my MXV boxes? I am by no means as technical as many of you on here are but I would like to contribute however I can. I actually had 2 MXQ Red Stripe boxes and ended up giving them to my parents which they love by the way. Thank you. So, I order 2 more and they never came in. I was told by the company that said they were out of stock. So, I got my money back and ended up ordering the MXV boxes because I couldn't find any MXQ Red Stripe boxes to buy. I had read in some other post how the MXV worked will with the HD18Q Rom which it actually does other than the power button having to be pressed and held or the male to usb on port 1 to 4 work around. WOW... I actually just looked and found the MXQ red stripe with US power adapter for for almost $296 and $120 on Newegg each. I paid like $50 for both of mine.

Like I said I Kszaq I would like to send you an MXV. Just let me know how and where to send and it will be on its way. Again thank you for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
      cd to folder with recovery.img and execute
      Code:
      dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/boot
      This works on both Android (rooted) and OE.
      Thx, but i get the following error: (dont tink its an error)
      Code:
      Command 'dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/boot'
      failed whit return code 0 and error message
      16266+ 1 records in
      16266+ 1 records out
      8245512 bytes (7.9MB) copied, 1.909472 seconds, 4.1MB/s.
      And when i restart the box hangs on the MXQ logo screen do i do anything wrong. (its in OE)
      Last edited by Dynamic2; 05-03-2016, 11:26. Reason: after some google i tink its just giving this in WinSCP as an error code

Comment

Originally posted by Jiffypop View Post
        Kszaq,

Here is the link to output of the fw_printenv | paste command http://sprunge.us/jUJB

I know that you have never claimed that your ROM works for the MXV and I greatly appreciate all your hard work. I also don't think you should be expected to buy the MXV. You work so very hard helping everyone on here. I would be more than happy to send you one of my MXV boxes? I am by no means as technical as many of you on here are but I would like to contribute however I can. I actually had 2 MXQ Red Stripe boxes and ended up giving them to my parents which they love by the way. Thank you. So, I order 2 more and they never came in. I was told by the company that said they were out of stock. So, I got my money back and ended up ordering the MXV boxes because I couldn't find any MXQ Red Stripe boxes to buy. I had read in some other post how the MXV worked will with the HD18Q Rom which it actually does other than the power button having to be pressed and held or the male to usb on port 1 to 4 work around. WOW... I actually just looked and found the MXQ red stripe with US power adapter for for almost $296 and $120 on Newegg each. I paid like $50 for both of mine.

Like I said I Kszaq I would like to send you an MXV. Just let me know how and where to send and it will be on its way. Again thank you for all your help.
        I must say that the MXV is not a box I WOULD encourage anyone to buy. It is a BAD CLONE of the Red Stripe MXQ S85 and the worst thing is It Costs The Same as the Red Stripe MXQ S85.
        I have just searched Google and found 4 sellers of the MXQ S85 Red stripe with prices around $40.00 to $50.00 USD each. I dont know how hard you tried.
        Introducing a power button on these MXV Clones and not using the original NEXTEON Board is a Chinese Dogs Breakfast .
        Sorry if i sound harsh but these Clones are not worth the time spent on them especially considering THEY ARE NOT CHEAP.

Comment

Pretty sure going to have same issues re bad clones on the s905 as well. People need to check support for devices before clicking on that buy button.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Pretty sure going to have same issues re bad clones on the s905 as well. People need to check support for devices before clicking on that buy button.
            People/Buyers are too lazy to read and do their HOMEWORK. They just wont spend the time to research and then want someone to hold their hand in fixing their F##k Up.

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
              We can only help you with STANDARD BOX remote.
              If you are needing help with Mini Keypad i have no idea how to fix this as i believe these remotes are Learned.
              Is it a remote with a mini usb receiver which plugs into the box ? If it is i cannot help you.
              Does your standard remote work ?
              Yes standard remote works, but keypad remote works untill the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Auke View Post

Yes standard remote works, but keypad remote works untill the updates.
                You keypad remote should be learned remote. It should learn keys once the usb receiver is plugged in.
                You might have to refer to the remote supplier. Please supply the remote brand and model in case someone else has the same
                remote.
                Sorry i cant help further.

Comment

Kszaq,

To be completely honest I'd prefer if we could sort out MXV issue without sending boxes, I already have too many of them. Can you tell me once again what happens when you power on the MXV with SD card inside but without pressing the reset button?

Edit: Okay, I now looked at your previous posts and read that if you don't hold the button, the box turns off. I'll have a look at kernel source code to see if there's something that may be forcing the box to power off. One more thing: have you upgraded Android to the latest build that you can find on the internet? Turning off may be u-boot related and if the vendor patched the u-boot, upgrading Android may help.

Originally posted by Dynamic2 View Post

Thx, but i get the following error: (dont tink its an error)
                  Code:
                  Command 'dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/boot'
                  failed whit return code 0 and error message
                  16266+ 1 records in
                  16266+ 1 records out
                  8245512 bytes (7.9MB) copied, 1.909472 seconds, 4.1MB/s.
                  And when i restart the box hangs on the MXQ logo screen do i do anything wrong. (its in OE)
                  My mistake, sorry! You should have used
                  Code:
                  dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
                  You should also make sure that recovery.img is in the folder you're in.

kostaman Actually today I wouldn't recommend buying S805 box at all unless it has good official support (upcoming WeTek Streamer or Vero2) and buy a S905 device instead. There are some OE builds available for S905 boxes and I've heard SPMC works quite well .
                  Last edited by kszaq; 05-03-2016, 12:33.

Comment

To be completely honest I'd prefer if we could sort out MXV issue without sending boxes, I already have too many of them. Can you tell me once again what happens when you power on the MXV with SD card inside but without pressing the reset button?

My mistake, sorry! You should have used
                    Code:
                    dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
                    You should also make sure that recovery.img is in the folder you're in.

kostaman Actually today I wouldn't recommend buying S805 box at all unless it has good official support (upcoming WeTek Streamer or Vero2) and buy a S905 device instead. There are some OE builds available for S905 boxes and I've heard SPMC works quite well .
                    Understood kszaq I have only owned MXQ S805's all black and always run Straight Linux. The s905 CLONES are already out there too.
                    Lack of properly working Adjust display refresh rate using Android Operating system is my biggest hate and memory usage etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
                      Understood kszaq I have only owned MXQ S805's all black and always run Straight Linux. The s905 CLONES are already out there too.
                      Lack of properly working Adjust display refresh rate using Android Operating system is my biggest hate and memory usage etc.
                      You can call every non-branded device a clone, even Beelink's device are clones.

Automatic refresh rate switching is something that needs to be fixed in kernel from what I've heard.

What I hate about Amlogic is lack of open kernel development. There is a code dump from time to time at Amlogic's FTP with no Git history at all and I hear here and there people talking about some unreleased secret kernel branches with fixes for this or that...

Comment

You can call every non-branded device a clone, even Beelink's device are clones.

Automatic refresh rate switching is something that needs to be fixed in kernel from what I've heard.

What I hate about Amlogic is lack of open kernel development. There is a code dump from time to time at Amlogic's FTP with no Git history at all and I hear here and there people talking about some unreleased secret kernel branches with fixes for this or that...
                        Cheers
                        I have read and read permissions for kodi in kernel Blah Blah Blah. I'm sure you've read the link : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...213#pid2026213
                        I got over Android a long time ago. I know Koying is trying hard with Android but he has a hell of a job with the Diminishing Android Devs at Kodi. If what i hear is true ?
                        I have a Mini MX Amlogic s905 using Alex's OpenElec from Amlinux Media . Pretty good considering infant development.
                        I must say my All Black MXQ's running your OE is so much more stable and smoother. Lets forget that CEC issue. One box on 6.95.2.2 is still my choice.
                        Thanks again.

Comment

kszaq kostaman The reason I arrived here, many moons ago, was because of Android not supporting 23.976fps refresh rate and it was suggested that it will never be sorted! Lets be honest, Kodi on Android is pretty good apart from the 23p problem.Of course OE and LE are much smoother and probably more stable and if peeps want Android they can just run OE and LE from SD card so everybody is happy.

Looking forward to future developments with LE although I'm very happy with the current LE release and I'm just hoping we get a new codec soonish then I'll consider my MXQ the perfect media player. Well it would be nice to have LE built into a DVD/BluRay player but I don't see that happening soon. I think things are going to move really fast this year as DVD and BluRay sales must have dropped through the floor so what will the TV and Movies industry do next? It'll be interesting that's for sure!

Comment

Hello kszaq,

yann69 I've just read your post again and noticed that you said you have no sound over SPDIF at all. Try running MXQ build instead of HD18Q. You don't need to make a clean install, simply download a tar update file fox MXQ (can be the same build version) and place it in Update folder.
                            I have pushed the MXQ tar image to the update folder of my MXV box.
                            Good news !!
                            The sound is sent now over the SPDIF output.
                            I can listen to DTS and Dolby Digital sounds on my Audio/Video receiver.
                            Thank you for this piece of advice.

Regarding HDMI CEC, I have still the problem.
                            I cannot use my Logitech universal remote control at the startup.
                            I have noticed the problem disapears if :
                            - either after openelec goes to sleep mode (dim screen) and return from it
                            - or when i change the Openelec CEC settings (pheripherals) and validate after changing.
                            - or when I restart the peripheral scan in the CEC menu of my Samsung TV set
                            I think it is just missing a command at startup which would reinitialize the HDMI connection.

At last, I cannot remove the USB cable plugged in between port 1 and port 4, otherwise Openlec denies to boot.

These 2 last issues are less boring than the 1st one regarding the sound and I can now use Openelec on my MXV box.
                            If you have any idea about the CEC issue, let me know.

Thank you for your help.

yann69

Comment

Kszaq,

Okay that works too thank you. Yea I have actually tried 3 different versions of android from newest to oldest on it and all with the exact same results. Also, even when I have the male to male usb plugged into usb 1 and usb 4 it will not reboot. It only shutsdown. Also, I noticed that if I want to plug in my usb bluetooth dongle for my logitech keyboard it must be done before I plug in the box. If I plug it in after its already booted into OE then the keyboard doesn't work. I don't know if that has anything to do with the power button problem or not?

Comment

Kszaq,

Okay that works too thank you. Yea I have actually tried 3 different versions of android from newest to oldest on it and all with the exact same results. Also, even when I have the male to male usb plugged into usb 1 and usb 4 it will not reboot. It only shutsdown. Also, I noticed that if I want to plug in my usb bluetooth dongle for my logitech keyboard it must be done before I plug in the box. If I plug it in after its already booted into OE then the keyboard doesn't work. I don't know if that has anything to do with the power button problem or not?
                                Hello Jiffypop. As you know, I also have a MXV S805 box, but I think I was luck, because I don't have this problem. I think there is some small difference in the HW.
                                Does this problem occurs only when you try to load OpenELEC from SDcard, or it also happens when OpenELEC is on NAND?

Comment

Working...
                                X