This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
    OK, that's cool. Looks like we'll all be moving then?
    I'll continue providing support in this thread, although a preferred forum would be LE forum. I also plan to support LE builds directly and backport fixes to OE releases for those who want to stick to OE.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
      I'll continue providing support in this thread, although a preferred forum would be LE forum. I also plan to support LE builds directly and backport fixes to OE releases for those who want to stick to OE.
      Yes, I think the signature function is available over there so that would make things a bit easier for you i.e. Knowing what version people are running on what device. Anyway signed up and looking forward to LE. And I'm glad they've changed the Logo, much better vibe with the new one.

Comment

The amount of support you give people is something else kszaq thank you and can't wait for the le build I switched my htpc over as soon as it came out so I'll see you over there

Comment

Ill be moving also. Cant wait to see what you make out of LE

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
            Ill be moving also. Cant wait to see what you make out of LE
            Well said.

Any chance of a few hints as to what LE does better than OE for those of us who follow rather than develop?

Comment

What's LE? I tried looking it up can't find nothing on it. Don't leave us my friend!!!

Originally posted by kszaq View Post

Comment

Hi Smilez. LE stands for LibreELEC. Kszaq mentioned it a few weeks ago and seemed quite happy about the prospect of it. If you Google you'll get some info and see that its not really a leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by sonofdibnah View Post
                  Hi Smilez. LE stands for LibreELEC. Kszaq mentioned it a few weeks ago and seemed quite happy about the prospect of it. If you Google you'll get some info and see that its not really a leaving.
                  I will look into it!! Thanks

Comment

Sound like he'll also have better support.. From what I've red looks like it will be a better development community (less closed then OE)

Comment

hi to all
                      K thx for all your work, have allready registerd to LE forum and looking to it
                      a qustion to all u that have all black mxq with bord am_mxq_a 20150825

im running OE from nand(6.95.1.3) for some time now, and i have a little issue with kodi crash from time to time
                      it happens every day.
                      does it happen to u too????
                      it happens the most when i brows the skin shortcuts(using fenomenal skin) when i press the return button kodi freezes and restarts(i see the splash screen of kodi)
                      it was worse in the OE 6 builds , there kodi would just freeze and i had to unplug the power manualy.
                      have just made a new cleen istall of every thing just incase.....

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post
                        hi to all

im running OE from nand(6.95.1.3) for some time now, and i have a little issue with kodi crash from time to time
                        it happens every day.
                        it happens the most when i brows the skin shortcuts(using fenomenal skin) when i press the return button kodi freezes and restarts(i see the splash screen of kodi)
                        it was worse in the OE 6 builds , there kodi would just freeze and i had to unplug the power manualy.
                        I am having a few issues with my version, see sig, but I'm going to see if they still appear in the new version K is posting tonight / tomorrow before I report it. I have also noticed that updates on top of updates often causes problems so I thinking of doing a clean install to Nand every time I update to a new version. I'll get back to this after testing the coming new version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Running MXQ.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155328-r22630-g8a99467 from Nand on all black MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825

Comment

I have tried 6.95.2.2 i can get into the recovery and update but throws E:/ mount errors on install. any ideas. also my board is MXQ v3_1 20151230 and has red light. what should i do.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post
                            hi to all

it happens every day.
                            I have your Board and so does PatrickJB however i have no freezing or hanging. I am however running a different version of OpenElec see footer.
                            Be very careful with skins as there has been an upgrade in the filing system with skins in Jarvis 16 and not all skins are working properly.
                            Maybe upgrade and see if confluence is freezing. Then install the skin fresh. Is the skin in official repo ??
                            If not you have to be careful with versions installed.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                            All Black MXQ:Running OE-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.95.2.2 On Nand. Board Number: AM_MXQ_A 20150825

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
                              I have your Board and so does Guest however i have no freezing or hanging. I am however running a different version of OpenElec see footer.
                              Be very careful with skins as there has been an upgrade in the filing system with skins in Jarvis 16 and not all skins are working properly.
                              Maybe upgrade and see if confluence is freezing. Then install the skin fresh. Is the skin in official repo ??
                              If not you have to be careful with versions installed.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                              All Black MXQ:Running OE-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.95.2.2 On Nand. Board Number: AM_MXQ_A 20150825
                              It used to do the same with confluence when I used kodi 15 lsengard and as I said that I noticed it happens when I use the return button then kodi would just freeze but I Was able to ssh a reboot command and then continew untill the next time it happens.
                              Yes the skin im using is from the official repo (phenomenal).
                              Now I'm trying not to use many shortcuts in my home screen (problem for the kids)

Comment

I posted two new builds:

6.0.3.7 with updates from 7.0 branch.

6.95.2.3 with the following changes:
                                • fixes for command buffering and general fixes in new CEC driver
                                • m201_1G device tree for HD18Q builds
                                • reverted some Kodi patches to fix video/audio sync issues
                                • removed recovery.img from NAND installation zips for better compatibility
                                • added support for boards with 512MB RAM (m201d build)
                                • added am_net2818 module to fix Ethernet not present when using custom device tree

What happens now? While waiting for your feedback on the new build, I'm cooking my first LibreELEC release. I'll be providing you with 7.0 releases, no master branch snapshots (like it's been with OE builds). I'll update my OE release to 7.0 when it comes out. When I implement an Amlogic-specific fix for LibreELEC, it'll be included in OE build but my main focus is on LibreELEC now. As far as I know, you can update from OE to LE without losing your current setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X