This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
    First LibreELEC build available! In most cases you should be able to safely migrate from OpenELEC to LibreELEC without resetting to factory settings. Make a backup just in case.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-200.html
    OMG! That was quick! Will try tomorrow as I'm blown away, at the mo, at how good your new build is. It may have something to do with my box running cooler because my flash drives are no longer heating the the box up. SO! IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE USB FLASH DRIVES CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BOXES PORTS AND THEY RUN HOT USE EXTENSION CABLES AND YOUR BOX SHOULD/WILL RUN SMOOTHER!

​Hey kszaq It may just be that you've got it spot on with this build but I think my box may have been overheating!

Will certainly try your LE build and remain a tester, but I am really happy at the mo, Thank you so much for you work, one happy dude here. Hey still testing but seems sooo much better than it was.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post

Thx
      You meen I need a usb to usb cable?
      And then connect the mxq to my pc to fish?
      With an image I think yes. And you need the amologic burning tool. You don't need power just the box next to your computer as the USB connection with give power. Do a search and you will find out how to do it.

Comment

Thanks Kszaq!

Going for the upgrade now with all of my Retroarch CEC issues to test

Will reply asap

Comment

A fresh install to NAND using the new libreelec Nand version is working perfectly. I would not recommend running a standard update as usual if you are currently running from NAND with OE. You might want to run a complete new install also.

Edit : Librelec is FAST! Way faster than OE at installing addons....more to come as I rebuild my system.
          Last edited by sammaz; 04-28-2016, 04:43.

Comment

Was just about to flash it myself but best wait I think now, make a post on the libreelec forum too

Comment

mwp1 peppearci mike77 Can you please test CEC on your TVs with any of the latest builds? It can be 6.0.3.7, 6.95.2.3 or LE 7.0.0.1, CEC driver is the same on all of them. Please check it only before suspend, I already know from kostaman that there are some issues after waking the box up and I have a possible solution in mind, but I'd first like to know if it's all OK before suspend. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
                With an image I think yes. And you need the amologic burning tool. You don't need power just the box next to your computer as the USB connection with give power. Do a search and you will find out how to do it.
                Thx patrickjb
                Will give it a go.
                Kszaq can u plz answer me about the spdi f beeing OFF in Android will cause it beeing off in OE like I asked a few posts up??
                And will it help flashing Android again to chang spdi f settings and reflash OE?
                Or is there a command that can help enabling it?

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post
                  Thx patrickjb
                  Will give it a go.
                  Kszaq can u plz answer me about the spdi f beeing OFF in Android will cause it beeing off in OE like I asked a few posts up??
                  And will it help flashing Android again to chang spdi f settings and reflash OE?
                  Or is there a command that can help enabling it?
                  Sorry, I missed your previous post. You need to mention me with "@" so I can notice it.

Changing S/PDIF setting in Android has no effect on OE. If S/PDIF doesn't work, you may have either a wrong cable or audio pin setting in device tree. If you verify S/PDIF to work in Android, you can replace the device tree in OE/LE and it should work.

Comment

mwp1 peppearci mike77 Can you please test CEC on your TVs with any of the latest builds? It can be 6.0.3.7, 6.95.2.3 or LE 7.0.0.1, CEC driver is the same on all of them. Please check it only before suspend, I already know from kostaman that there are some issues after waking the box up and I have a possible solution in mind, but I'd first like to know if it's all OK before suspend. Thank you.
                    kszaq
                    I have just discovered the CEC driver in LE 7.0.0.1 HD18Q is different to the one in MXQ ARM . I realised this when i used a restore done from a backup using my black MXQ ARM LE 7.0.0.1 box
                    to the HD18Q Box. The box is now exhibiting the same errors as the my MXQ ARM box and in the CEC settings menu it looks different to what it was before i restored.
                    Posted in link below as well

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-20...7.html#pid1427

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
                      kszaq
                      I have just discovered the CEC driver in LE 7.0.0.1 HD18Q is different to the one in MXQ ARM . I realised this when i used a restore done from a backup using my black MXQ ARM LE 7.0.0.1 box
                      to the HD18Q Box. The box is now exhibiting the same errors as the my MXQ ARM box and in the CEC settings menu it looks different to what it was before i restored.
                      CEC driver is the same, only libcec settings menu in Kodi changed between 15.x and 16.x.

Comment

CEC driver is the same, only libcec settings menu in Kodi changed between 15.x and 16.x.
                        I am a little confused as to why the HD18Q is now behaving like the MXQ ARM .
                        Backup was from kodi 16 .
                        Is the CEC driver carried over from OE-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.95.2.2 which i updated from to LE.
                        This is what i have on both boxes now below shot

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot000.png
Views:	92
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	569410

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
                          I am a little confused as to why the HD18Q is now behaving like the MXQ ARM .
                          Backup was from kodi 16 .
                          Is the CEC driver carried over from OE-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.95.2.2 which i updated from to LE.
                          This is what i have on both boxes now below shot

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n569410[/ATTACH]
                          When migrating between versions some setting may get lost/reset. To reset CEC settings, login over SSH and run:
                          Code:
                          systemctl stop kodi
                          rm -rf /storage/.kodi/userdata/peripheral_data
                          reboot

Comment

Sorry, I missed your previous post. You need to mention me with "@" so I can notice it.

Changing S/PDIF setting in Android has no effect on OE. If S/PDIF doesn't work, you may have either a wrong cable or audio pin setting in device tree. If you verify S/PDIF to work in Android, you can replace the device tree in OE/LE and it should work.
                            @kszaq
                            Okay now I understand.
                            I am going to get a male to male usb cable and flash Android to my mxq and check if spdi f works, if it works then I will follow the steps for replacing device tree like u described.
                            B.w
                            How do I make me a signature at the end of my posts?

Comment

When migrating between versions some setting may get lost/reset. To reset CEC settings, login over SSH and run:
                              Code:
                              systemctl stop kodi
                              rm -rf /storage/.kodi/userdata/peripheral_data
                              reboot
                              I issued the command on my main box from where the restored backup was taken from. (MXQ ARM LE 7.0.0.1 box) I am sorry about the screenshot i sent as showing different CEC its the App/TV skin showing it differently to Confluence.

CEC error not initializing after SUSPEND always happens.
                              Only reboot will fix that. No error. BUT CEC is not working as TV Remote commands dont do anything.
                              Now i waited until the screen dimmer came on (3minutes) Hit TV remote "Nothing"
                              Hit Box remote ok and then used TV remote AND IT WORKED.
                              It is like it woke up after dim screen .
                              Tried this 3 times same result.

I can wake it by cec settings and just hit ok in the menu without changes as well.

Now the
                              All Black MXQ LE 7.0.0.1 HD18Q Nand. I did a hard reset and now CEC is working completely differently than the MXQ ARM LE 7.0.0.1 box
                              Without repeating myself this box does not get initialising errors after suspend or whatever. It wakes after dim as above.

Now i have not installed backup from above ARM box to the HD18Q BOX yet.
                              When i did that before BOTH BOXES ACT THE SAME as far as CEC goes.

I think im about to lose my head,

Comment

I'm currently running OE 6.0.3.7 (mxq build) on my black mxq and viera 2013 and CEC IS WORKING GREAT! Only after suspend I've noticed a little delay (2-3 seconds before cec works again)! I'll backup this configuration (Very smooth and stable) and i'll upgrade to LE
                                Last edited by peppearci; 04-28-2016, 15:40. Reason: more infos about build tested

Comment

Working...
                                X