X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post

Thx PatrickJB for the reply
    Yes as u mentiond befor I all so am using the a/v cable and not using the yellow (video) and it works.
    Regarding my post, so u think I need a converter?
    Becaous when I plug the cable to the mxq I can see a blue light at the other end(the toslink) and when I take it out the light goes off.
    Again if any of u ppl are using the spdi f plz share.
    Hmm strange! If there's a blue light coming out of the end of the cable it's suggests it's optical! Does say on the specs that it's coaxial so it should be an electrical signal not optical! Of course I may not know what I'm on about.

Found this and the guy says it's not optical so I still don't understand why you get a blue light: http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/sho...pid=579#pid579

Did you have a look to see if your TV have an optical out?

EDIT: Yes you need a cable like this, note it's coaxial not optical, although someone on that thread did say the digital audio signal come out of one of the AV cables connectors: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-L21-Co...+coaxial+cable

And if your sound bar only has optical input and no coaxial then yes you'll need a converter box. Make sure you TV doesn't have an optical out as most modern TV's do which is why sound-bars have optical inputs.

EDIT 2: And just for clarity the digital audio sent through the HDMI cable, will pass through the TV if it has a optical out, I used to use this and it worked fine. .
    Last edited by PatrickJB; 05-06-2016, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
      Hmm strange! If there's a blue light coming out of the end of the cable it's suggests it's optical! Does say on the specs that it's coaxial so it should be an electrical signal not optical! Of course I may not know what I'm on about.

Found this and the guy says it's not optical so I still don't understand why you get a blue light: http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/sho...pid=579#pid579

Did you have a look to see if your TV have an optical out?

EDIT: Yes you need a cable like this, note it's coaxial not optical, although someone on that thread did say the digital audio signal come out of one of the AV cables connectors: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-L21-Co...+coaxial+cable

And if your sound bar only has optical input and no coaxial then yes you'll need a converter box. Make sure you TV doesn't have an optical out as most modern TV's do which is why sound-bars have optical inputs.

EDIT 2: And just for clarity the digital audio sent through the HDMI cable, will pass through the TV if it has a optical out, I used to use this and it worked fine. .
      PatrickJB thx now I understand.
      Our mxq box has coaxial spdi f out that means it Carey's out the signal electricly , voltage
      My sound bar has a digital spdi f in that means the signal must be carried by light.
      I need a converter.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post

PatrickJB thx now I understand.
        Our mxq box has coaxial spdi f out that means it Carey's out the signal electricly , voltage
        My sound bar has a digital spdi f in that means the signal must be carried by light.
        I need a converter.
        You should send that cable back and get a refund as I think the regular optical toshlink cables are a bit different i.e.No 3.5 jack. Of course it depends on what type of converter you get as it may have a 3.5 jack optical out. Also it's worth double checking that other people have got the digital audio out to work before you go spending more money. My little converter did optical or coaxial to a audio 3.5 jack output so I could plug it into a regular amp. I would try my converter with the AV cable, remember someone said one of the three out leads carried the ditgtal audio when plugged into the spdif port, but I'm a bit busy at the mo. I'm also not sure where I put the converter as i;m not using it anymore.

Hey someone here must have tried the coaxial out?

EDIT: So for the spdif out from you MXQ into your converter (when and if you get one) you may/should be able to use your AV cable, you just need to work out which of the three connectors is carrying the digital audio.

EDIT 2: Or you can get something like this: http://www.****.co.uk/itm/1-2m-3-5mm...sAAOSwoydWs0AG

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
          You should send that cable back and get a refund as I think the regular optical toshlink cables are a bit different i.e.No 3.5 jack. Of course it depends on what type of converter you get as it may have a 3.5 jack optical out. Also it's worth double checking that other people have got the digital audio out to work before you go spending more money. My little converter did optical or coaxial to a audio 3.5 jack output so I could plug it into a regular amp. I would try my converter with the AV cable, remember someone said one of the three out leads carried the ditgtal audio when plugged into the spdif port, but I'm a bit busy at the mo. I'm also not sure where I put the converter as i;m not using it anymore.

Hey someone here must have tried the coaxial out?

EDIT: So for the spdif out from you MXQ into your converter (when and if you get one) you may/should be able to use your AV cable, you just need to work out which of the three connectors is carrying the digital audio.

EDIT 2: Or you can get something like this: http://www.****.co.uk/itm/1-2m-3-5mm...sAAOSwoydWs0AG
          No thx after the damage I have done to my dell laptop by trying flashing Android (with a male to male usb cable I build by myself) I will stay with the av cable I'm using right now.
          Btw kszaq after flasing OE from Android , when I use menu shutdown the light turns blue. When I press the red button on the remote to turn the box on, it does not go in to startup prosses so I guess it was in suspension and the light turns RED!!!!!
          Only when I use restart from menu the light stay blue.

Comment

Oh My!

Comment

michaelchen LED Behaviour you have is the same as me. Not much kszaq can do as GPIO set in kernel tree or bootloader depending on the board in the All Black MXQ'S.

My LED'S work as follows. In the following sequence 1 to 6
              1-Fresh power up after power disconnected to box. After boot up. BLUE LIGHT "ON"
              2-Hit red remote button it SUSPENDS. BLUE LIGHT STAYS "ON"
              3-Hit red button on remote. RED LIGHT "ON"
              4-Choose power off from Power Menu it SUSPENDS. BLUE LIGHT "ON" (Kszaq will reinstate power off in next release)
              5-Hit red button (to turn on box) on remote RED LIGHT "ON"
              6-Choose reboot Box does a proper reboot But after the box boots up the BLUE LIGHT "ON"

Basically the red light is on when the box is on EXCEPT when a reboot or reconnection to power supply is done.

Same using LibreELEC 7

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
                michaelchen LED Behaviour you have is the same as me. Not much kszaq can do as GPIO set in kernel tree or bootloader depending on the board in the All Black MXQ'S.

My LED'S work as follows. In the following sequence 1 to 6
                1-Fresh power up after power disconnected to box. After boot up. BLUE LIGHT "ON"
                2-Hit red remote button it SUSPENDS. BLUE LIGHT STAYS "ON"
                3-Hit red button on remote. RED LIGHT "ON"
                4-Choose power off from Power Menu it SUSPENDS. BLUE LIGHT "ON" (Kszaq will reinstate power off in next release)
                5-Hit red button (to turn on box) on remote RED LIGHT "ON"
                6-Choose reboot Box does a proper reboot But after the box boots up the BLUE LIGHT "ON"

Basically the red light is on when the box is on EXCEPT when a reboot or reconnection to power supply is done.

Same using LibreELEC 7
                Yes, same here.

Comment

Sorry for being a noob here however I am looking to NAND flash OE to my MXQ V3_1 20151230 board can someone point me in the right direction for the correct files and also the correct way to flash as the only firmware I have managed to flash from SD has been the stock firmware everything else I have tried tends to either soft brick (red light) or freeze on MXQ Splash Screen

Comment

kszaq. Still running oe/le off sd card (1gig for oe and 8gig for le) and just went to update the build Im using on my oe sd card and had errors due to being out of space. When creating the sd card it alters the partition table to a 512meg system and the rest is left unused? Is there anyway to use the whole sd card storage?
                    All Black MXQ
                    Working OpenELEC -
                    OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD
                    Working Android img - cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
                    Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230

Comment

There is likely unallocated space on your SD card. There is an Ext partition that you don't see when looking at the card with Windows. You can use Linux(gparted) to expand the ext partition to fill the unallocated space on the card. Some risk exists when expanding Partitions, so back up your stuff.

If you do not have Linux, a Linux distribution can run from a LiveCD or USB flash drive or card so you can run Linux on your PC with out installing to the PC.

I will help if needed. Have a look here. Different box, but still relevant to your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                        There is likely unallocated space on your SD card. There is an Ext partition that you don't see when looking at the card with Windows. You can use Linux(gparted) to expand the ext partition to fill the unallocated space on the card. Some risk exists when expanding Partitions, so back up your stuff.

If you do not have Linux, a Linux distribution can run from a LiveCD or USB flash drive or card so you can run Linux on your PC with out installing to the PC.

I will help if needed. Have a look here. Different box, but still relevant to your situation.
                        Would making it a seperate partition also work and somehow mounting the new partition or is expanding the oe/le partition the best way of doing it?
                        Cheers for the reply BTW 👍
                        All Black MXQ
                        Working OpenELEC -
                        OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD
                        Working Android img - cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
                        Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                          CEC driver is the same, only libcec settings menu in Kodi changed between 15.x and 16.x.
                          I have just taken a Backup done on All Black MXQ Running Board uknown Updated from openelec to LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.0.1
                          Then restored my box with the backup to
                          MXQ.arm 7.0.0.1 Nand on all black MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825
                          No more error notifications.
                          I believe the drivers are not the same in some way. Doing a backup the other way round causes the HD18Q box to behave the same as the MXQ Arm box.
                          Would i be right in saying the CEC Drivers are in a backup.?

Comment

Originally posted by viper2k2009 View Post
                            Sorry for being a noob here however I am looking to NAND flash OE to my MXQ V3_1 20151230 board can someone point me in the right direction for the correct files and also the correct way to flash as the only firmware I have managed to flash from SD has been the stock firmware everything else I have tried tends to either soft brick (red light) or freeze on MXQ Splash Screen
                            If you want to use OE, you have to download m201d build. At the moment there is an issue with the box freezing on video playback, I'll be posting a new build quite soon that fixes it.

Originally posted by kiwi_man82 View Post
                            kszaq. Still running oe/le off sd card (1gig for oe and 8gig for le) and just went to update the build Im using on my oe sd card and had errors due to being out of space. When creating the sd card it alters the partition table to a 512meg system and the rest is left unused? Is there anyway to use the whole sd card storage?
                            Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

Originally posted by kiwi_man82 View Post

Would making it a seperate partition also work and somehow mounting the new partition or is expanding the oe/le partition the best way of doing it?
                            Cheers for the reply BTW 👍
                            I would say 1GB SD card is way too small for OE/LE. What happens when you write an SD card image is: 2 partitions are created: first 512MB for kernel and system image and second one - very tiny - for user data. On first boot the second partition is extended to maximum possible size, i.e. SD card capacity - 512MiB. That means that with 1GB SD card you have a bit less than 450MiB for data (this is 1 000 000 000 bytes minus 536870912 bytes for the first partition). To update via tar you need at least twice the tar size of free space - it needs to be unpacked somewhere! You can see how much free space is left in Kodi System Information screen - the second partition of your SD card is /dev/mmcblk0p2.

There is one (a bit dirty) way to update without having to transfer/unpack tar on your box: insert SD card to your computer, open tar update file and unpack KERNEL and SYSTEM from target folder to main folder on your SD card. Rename KERNEL to kernel.img and you're done.

TL;DR: When using SD version, whole SD card capacity is used, there is no need to resize the second partition.

I have just taken a Backup done on All Black MXQ Running Board uknown Updated from openelec to LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.0.1
                            I believe the drivers are not the same in some way. Doing a backup the other way round causes the HD18Q box to behave the same as the MXQ Arm box.
                            CEC peripheral settings are in backup, not the driver. The driver is wholly in kernel/system image.

Comment

Okay The driver is wholly in kernel/system image. I just had to double check.
                              Now i am totally confused as to the behaviour changes after a BACKUP from one box to another. The peripheral settings are identical.
                              The HD18Q Box does not give CEC initialising errors when it is a clean install.
                              When i install a BACKUP (which was taken from the
                              MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825 LE MXQ Arm 7.0.0.1 ) it throws the CEC errors
                              identical to the box the BACKUP was taken from.
                              Right now i have the
                              MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825 LE MXQ Arm 7.0.0.1 not giving CEC errors because i restored from the .Backup taken from HD18Q.arm-7.0.0.1
                              Basically stopped the error notification by using the other box's backup.
                              I cant explain this at all.

Comment

New LibreELEC build available at https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-20...3.html#pid2043

If there are no severe issues reported, I'll port the changes over to OE builds.

Comment

Working...
                                X