Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have a MVX S805 and have tried Superceleron V1.0 Custom Rom and I still needed to plug male to male usb to get the power to stay on.
    I have tried NAND and Sd card installs and stll the same problem.Other then the power problem the rom runs perfect on these boxes.

Comment

Someone with MXV, can you perform a small test for me?
      1. Take SD card with OE/LE you're using (has to be OE 6.0.3.7/6.95.2.3 or LE 7.0.0.1).
      2. Rename kernel.img to something else.
      3. Download new kernel.img from http://s805.eu/test/mxv-test-kernel/kernel.img and place it on SD card.
      4. Are you able to boot without 1-4 USB cable?
      Thanks in advance for sharing your results.

Edit: Tested, not working.
      Last edited by kszaq; 05-05-2016, 08:06.

Comment

Kszaq,

I tried the new kernel image for OE 6.0.3.7, 6.95.2.3 and LE 7.0.0.1 and the MXV would turn off as soon as I turned it on. So unfortunately no change. It still requires the male to male usb cable plugged into port 1 and port 4 to boot into OE. Just let me know what else you need me to test?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Jiffypop Thank you for testing. I have one more idea, I'll post a test version in the morning.

Comment

Another one idea about MXV booting to test, please.
            1. Take SD card with OE/LE you're using (has to be OE 6.0.3.7/6.95.2.3 or LE 7.0.0.1).
            3. Download new kernel.img from http://s805.eu/test/mxv-test-kernel-2/kernel.img and place it on SD card.

Comment

Hello kszaq,

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
              Another one idea about MXV booting to test, please.
              3. Download new kernel.img from http://s805.eu/test/mxv-test-kernel-2/kernel.img and place it on SD card.

I have just tried the new kernel.img you put on disposal.
              Sorry, not better, the USB cable between port 1 and 4 is still required.
              The only change is the Librelec splash screen instead of the Openelec one.

Regarding the CEC issue I told you about in my previous post, have you got any other idea?...

Kind Regards
              yann69

Comment

Originally posted by yann69 View Post
                Hello kszaq,

I have just tried the new kernel.img you put on disposal.
                Sorry, not better, the USB cable between port 1 and 4 is still required.
                The only change is the Librelec splash screen instead of the Openelec one.

Regarding the CEC issue I told you about in my previous post, have you got any other idea?...

Kind Regards
                yann69
                Can you download the test kernel once again and give it a try - I updated it minutes before you posted. Is the CEC issue still present with the test kernel? If yes, I'd need to see some logs...

Comment

Hello kszaq,

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                  Can you download the test kernel once again and give it a try - I updated it minutes before you posted. Is the CEC issue still present with the test kernel? If yes, I'd need to see some logs...
                  It sounds good!!
                  The last kernel.img does not require to shortcut the USB port 1 and 4 to boot.
                  Still the problem with CEC.
                  My Samsung TV displays a message saying Anynet (Samsung CEC system) is not connected and offers to reset the connection.
                  After this operation, my logitech Harmony remote control can drive the MVC Box through CEC.
                  I have got the logfiles I have attached to this email.
                  log-2016-05-05-11.34.07.zip

Kind Regards

Comment

Kszaq,

I went to download and test the new kernel but I couldn't find it? The other OE/LE images where there but not the kernel. I'm guessing you took it down already because you wanted to make more changes? Or am I just missing something? I see that yann69 tested and said that connecting USB port 1 and 4 is no longer needed. Thats Awesome!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jiffypop View Post
                      Kszaq,

I went to download and test the new kernel but I couldn't find it? The other OE/LE images where there but not the kernel. I'm guessing you took it down already because you wanted to make more changes? Or am I just missing something? I see that yann69 tested and said that connecting USB port 1 and 4 is no longer needed. Thats Awesome!

Thanks
                      You can download test kernel from http://sx05.eu/test/mxv-test-kernel-2/kernel.img

The fix will be included in next release build for OE 6.0.x, 6.95.x and LE 7.0.x.
                      Last edited by kszaq; 05-05-2016, 23:09.

Comment

Kszaq

Tested and working without Usb cable.Thanks
                        You might laugh but the problem I have now is it will not turn off.
                        When you press power off the box reboots.

Comment

Originally posted by joe6915 View Post
                          Kszaq

Tested and working without Usb cable.Thanks
                          You might laugh but the problem I have now is it will not turn off.
                          When you press power off the box reboots.
                          See forum link

Comment

kszaq and every one that has this all black MXQ.

Is there eney one that is using the digital output of the mxq box (spdif)?
                            if u do please share with me what kind of cable and what rom.
                            i am trying to figure out what am i doing wrong.
                            i have a sound bar with a digital input(toskink) spdif, and the MXQ has a round output (spdif)
                            I bought a new Full-sized male TOSLINK optical audio to Mini male TOSLINK optical audio 3.5mm cable
                            and tryed it with OE and android (cost me abaut 150$ ,beacus when i tryed to build me a male to male usb OTG cable and tryed to flash the MXQ box with android i plugged the power of the MXQ and shorted the motherboard of my laptop, finaly when i mannaged to flash android it did not work too(the spdif i mean)).
                            PatrickJB the seller that soled me the MXQ gave me a link to the proper android IMG.
                            now i flashed OE again
                            so i guess it is not a driver issue but may be a cable issue or the damm output is dissabled some how in the first place.
                            this is the cable i bought.....
                            any help will be most welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            ALL BLACK MXQ board AM_MXQ_M 20150525 OE OpenELEC-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.95.2.3.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post
                              kszaq and every one that has this all black MXQ.

Is there eney one that is using the digital output of the mxq box (spdif)?
                              if u do please share with me what kind of cable and what rom.
                              i am trying to figure out what am i doing wrong.
                              i have a sound bar with a digital input(toskink) spdif, and the MXQ has a round output (spdif)
                              I bought a new Full-sized male TOSLINK optical audio to Mini male TOSLINK optical audio 3.5mm cable
                              and tryed it with OE and android (cost me abaut 150$ ,beacus when i tryed to build me a male to male usb OTG cable and tryed to flash the MXQ box with android i plugged the power of the MXQ and shorted the motherboard of my laptop, finaly when i mannaged to flash android it did not work too(the spdif i mean)).
                              PatrickJB the seller that soled me the MXQ gave me a link to the proper android IMG.
                              now i flashed OE again
                              so i guess it is not a driver issue but may be a cable issue or the damm output is dissabled some how in the first place.
                              this is the cable i bought.....
                              any help will be most welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              ALL BLACK MXQ board AM_MXQ_M 20150525 OE OpenELEC-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.95.2.3.

It's Coaxial, not optical. Read specs here:
                              http://www.****.co.uk/itm/MXQ-Quad-C...8AAOSwMORW8Pl1

If you sound bar doesn't have coaxial you'll need a converter such as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aptii-Optic...xial+converter

I don't know if the digital output works as I just use analogue output (AV cable) for audio when playing music. Remember I mentioned the delay when using analogue out so it's not suitable for movies. You shouldn't get a delay with digital out. I would make sure someone has got this to work before going any further.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post

It's Coaxial, not optical. Read specs here:
                                http://www.****.co.uk/itm/MXQ-Quad-C...8AAOSwMORW8Pl1

If you sound bar doesn't have coaxial you'll need a converter such as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aptii-Optic...xial+converter

I don't know if the digital output works as I just use analogue output (AV cable) for audio when playing music. Remember I mentioned the delay when using analogue out so it's not suitable for movies. You shouldn't get a delay with digital out. I would make sure someone has got this to work before going any further.
                                Thx PatrickJB for the reply
                                Yes as u mentiond befor I all so am using the a/v cable and not using the yellow (video) and it works.
                                Regarding my post, so u think I need a converter?
                                Becaous when I plug the cable to the mxq I can see a blue light at the other end(the toslink) and when I take it out the light goes off.
                                Again if any of u ppl are using the spdi f plz share.

Comment

Working...
                                X