X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kszaq or mwp1 or anyone else that can help please

I have tried this on all 3 of my MXV S805P running the HD18Q 6.03.5 image

I finally got enough time to try out your instructions and you were correct it has nothing to do with the android version. I also discovered I had a damaged SD card that was giving me some other problems. So, I tried a new and I am able to get it to boot into OE. There is just one big problem it will only boot into OE if I continue pressing and holding the power button. As soon as I let of it turns off. If I do not press and hold the button it will not boot into OE. If I press the power button and don't hold it then the Amlogic S805 Logo appears for a second and then it will just turn off / standby mode and the light turns red on the front. I bought 3 of the MXV S805P Boxes and I have tried it on all 3 with different SD cards with the exact same results.
    So I am forced to hold the power button in order to make it boot into OE and as long as I continue to press and hold the button it works. So doesn't this point to a problem with how it boots and the power button?

Does anyone have any ideas as to where the problem is?

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
      pigbait and all

A quick instruction on how to replace a device tree. You'll need either a Linux PC/VM or Windows with Cygwin and perl interpreter:
      • download http://s805.eu/utils/bootimg_tools/bootimg_tools.zip and unpack it to your working directory
      • unpack kernel image from Android firmware (most commonly named boot.img), rename it to android.img and place it in your working directory
      • unpack KERNEL from my OE tar release, place it in your working directory and rename it to oe.img
      • run these commands (in Cygwin you'll need to replace mkbootimg command with mkbootimg.exe):
        Code:
        ./split_boot android.img
        ./split_boot oe.img
        mkdir -p target
        ./mkbootimg --kernel oe/oe.img-kernel --ramdisk oe/oe.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz --second android/android.img-second.gz --output target/KERNEL
        md5sum -t target/KERNEL > target/KERNEL.md5
      • copy KERNEL and KERNEL.md5 from target dir in your working directory to Update folder on your device
      • copy SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 from OE update tar file to Update folder on your device
      • reboot your device and keep your fingers crossed
      hey kszaq, I found some time to play around with my box.. I have ubuntu setup and made my working dir. When i enter the commands in terminal i get an error "./split_boot: command not found" I guess im not doing somthing right. maybe im missing somthing

Comment

[QUOTE=Jiffypop;n569721]Kszaq or mwp1 or anyone else that can help please

I finally got enough time to try out your instructions and you were correct it has nothing to do with the android version. I also discovered I had a damaged SD card that was giving me some other problems. So, I tried a new and I am able to get it to boot into OE. There is just one big problem it will only boot into OE if I continue pressing and holding the power button. As soon as I let of it turns off. If I do not press and hold the button it will not boot into OE. If I press the power button and don't hold it then the Amlogic S805 Logo appears for a second and then it will just turn off / standby mode and the light turns red on the front. I bought 3 of the MXV S805P Boxes and I have tried it on all 3 with different SD cards with the exact same results.
        So I am forced to hold the power button in order to make it boot into OE and as long as I continue to press and hold the button it works. So doesn't this point to a problem with how it boots and the power button?

Does anyone have any ideas as to where the problem is? [/QUOTE

Jiffypop

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...798#post563798

See post it is a known issue. Not ideal solution but may help Kszaq identify fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiffypop View Post

This is a guess but when you boot OE from SD for the first time and use toothpick, u-boot variables should be set and for the second time you should be able to boot straight to OE when the SD card is inserted. Have you tried that?

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
          hey kszaq, I found some time to play around with my box.. I have ubuntu setup and made my working dir. When i enter the commands in terminal i get an error "./split_boot: command not found" I guess im not doing somthing right. maybe im missing somthing
          Try running this command first:
          Code:
          chmod +x boot_info mkbootimg repack_ramdisk split_boot umkbootimg unpack unpack_ramdisk

Comment

Originally posted by Jiffypop View Post

Hello Jiffypop
            This problem doesn't happens with my MXV, but many MXV owners report this problem. As kostaman already posted, there is this workaround, that is connecting a male to male USB cable between ports 1 and 4.
            If you succeeded to use openelec in this board, you will need to place remote.conf file in .config folder to make remote control work. I attached a remote.conf file in this post.
            You can also try version 6.95.2.3 that have cec working.
            I hope you have luck!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello kszaq,

By default Amlogic kernel driver analog and S/PDIF output to HDMI. I have never tried that but can you add the following to your autostart.sh:
              Code:
              ​echo audio_off > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config || true
              and check if it works? Here's some information on autostart.sh: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Autostart.sh
              Thank you for your quick answer.
              I tried to switch the HDMI output off with the setting you gave me
              Unlucky without success, no sound through HDMI output but still no sound through SPDIF output as well.
              I also check the following configuration file: /sys/devices/platform/spdif-dit.0/spdif_mute
              It sounds fine for me.
              So, where is the problem ?
              What can I do ?
              Remark:
              As a workaround, I use my Samsung TV set to passthrough the sound to the AVR.
              But as many TV (see links below), my Samsung TV dumbs down DTS signal to stereo PCM.
              We tested 20 televisions to see if they could output surround sound via their optical output when fed a signal from an external source.

It is boring and frustrating ; this is the reason why I was looking for a solution to use the optical SPDIF output instead of the HDMI one.

Another topic which begins to drive me crazy :
              It is about the quite strange HDMI CEC behaviour.
              After booting the MXV box, I can browse through the Openelec menus only with my Logitech K400 wireless dedicated keyboard.
              My Logitech Harmony remote control driving my TV set does not work.
              To make it work, i have to wait Openelec to go to the sleep mode (dim the screen) and return from it.
              I have also noticed changing some settings in Openelec CEC adapter settings has the same result.
              After that, my remote control was efficient again.
              How do you explain this "disturbing behaviour" ?

At last and I will let you answer
              If you do not shortcut USB port 1 and 4 with a male/male cable, Openelec refuses to boot.
              I have read this trick a few days ago on another Freaktab forum and I purchased this cable right away.
              It is crazy but it works !!

Thank you for your feedback

Kind Regards

Comment

kszaq thanks that command fixed it, unfortunately the processes didnt work. when i flashed the kernel and system files OE lost LAN and still no wifi. Thanks for your input on this. also i did use your newest OE build.

Comment

Originally posted by yann69 View Post
                  Hello kszaq,

Thank you for your quick answer.
                  I tried to switch the HDMI output off with the setting you gave me
                  Unlucky without success, no sound through HDMI output but still no sound through SPDIF output as well.
                  I also check the following configuration file: /sys/devices/platform/spdif-dit.0/spdif_mute
                  It sounds fine for me.
                  So, where is the problem ?
                  What can I do ?
                  Remark:
                  As a workaround, I use my Samsung TV set to passthrough the sound to the AVR.
                  But as many TV (see links below), my Samsung TV dumbs down DTS signal to stereo PCM.
                  We tested 20 televisions to see if they could output surround sound via their optical output when fed a signal from an external source.

It is boring and frustrating ; this is the reason why I was looking for a solution to use the optical SPDIF output instead of the HDMI one.
                  I will have to look into turning off HDMI sound once again. I'll get back to you if/when I have an answer.
                  Another topic which begins to drive me crazy :
                  It is about the quite strange HDMI CEC behaviour.
                  After booting the MXV box, I can browse through the Openelec menus only with my Logitech K400 wireless dedicated keyboard.
                  My Logitech Harmony remote control driving my TV set does not work.
                  To make it work, i have to wait Openelec to go to the sleep mode (dim the screen) and return from it.
                  I have also noticed changing some settings in Openelec CEC adapter settings has the same result.
                  After that, my remote control was efficient again.
                  How do you explain this "disturbing behaviour" ?
                  I have no CEC issues with my Samsung TV but I'm working on a next small improvement that might help your issue.

At last and I will let you answer
                  If you do not shortcut USB port 1 and 4 with a male/male cable, Openelec refuses to boot.
                  I have read this trick a few days ago on another Freaktab forum and I purchased this cable right away.
                  It is crazy but it works !!

Thank you for your feedback

Kind Regards
                  I don't have an answer for that. Maybe someone else who actually has the device can elaborate.

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                  kszaq thanks that command fixed it, unfortunately the processes didnt work. when i flashed the kernel and system files OE lost LAN and still no wifi. Thanks for your input on this. also i did use your newest OE build.
                  Can you please double-check if there is no wireless adapter that you can turn on in OE Settings? From the dmesg you posted some time ago it is clear that WiFi initialization stops when WiFi power is turned "on".

To keep Ethernet working, you may need to add create a file named am_net8218.conf with content:
                  Code:
                  am_net8218
                  and put it in Configfiles\modules.conf.

Comment

pigbait Can you try this running this build: http://s805.eu/test/pigbait-wifi/
                    It contains a workaround that came into my mind today and may fix WiFi for you.

Comment

kszaq, mwp1, and kostaman

I used the male to male usb cable method and plugged it into the usb port 1 and 4 and then copied the remote config file to the config directory. I installed the hd18q build on the nand of one box and on the other installed the the hd18q

Comment

kszaq, mwp1, and kostaman

I used the male to male usb cable method and plugged it into the usb port 1 and 4 and then copied the remote config file to the config directory. I installed the hd18q build on the nand of one box and on the other installed on an SD card in the the hd18q and both work.

Kszaq how would I go about setting the u-boot variables when I set up OE for the first time?

Comment

Hello kszaq

So I have decided to try using my box to stream movies off my local pc. I have a mix of sd and hd movies/tv series etc and I can setup LE to see my media all ok but when I try to play either sd or hd my box freezes and I have to pull the power plug. I then tried playing off a usb thumb drive and again the box froze up. Am running the m201d build off sd card. Didn't try this with your oe builds so I don't know if it is related to just le or both le and oe

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
                          Edit : Just tried your latest build of oe for m201d devices and local network stream working fine so it's just le I'm having this problem with [emoji3]

Posted on you LE forum but not sure you saw this?
                          All Black MXQ
                          Working OpenELEC -
                          OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD
                          Working Android img - cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
                          Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230

Comment

kszaw, mwp1, and kostaman,

Thank you all for your assistance..... I really appreciate it.

Comment

pigbait Can you try this running this build: http://s805.eu/test/pigbait-wifi/
                              It contains a workaround that came into my mind today and may fix WiFi for you.
                              HOLY CRAP!!! YOU ARE A FREAKING GENIUS... What ever you did fixed my wifi.

thanks allot ..

Comment

It's there all the time: https://github.com/kszaq/OpenELEC.tv...arm.conf#L1074
                                Is it not working for you?
                                Wireless not showing up in OE settings. But driver is loading. Odd. Here is dmesg and lsmod dump. http://pastebin.com/mnnNTSWP

Comment

Working...
                                X