X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jiffypop View Post
    kszaq, mwp1, and kostaman

I used the male to male usb cable method and plugged it into the usb port 1 and 4 and then copied the remote config file to the config directory. I installed the hd18q build on the nand of one box and on the other installed on an SD card in the the hd18q and both work.

Kszaq how would I go about setting the u-boot variables when I set up OE for the first time?
    Great yo hear you got your boxes going.
    I think you may be confused as to what u-boot variables is.
    I presume you have ANDROID on your BOX (Nand)
    When you Flash the OpenELEC SD Card version the uboot variables are set DURING THE First Initial Flash. .
    This means that every time (after this once off flash) you turn on the box with the SD Card inserted THE BOX WILL BOOT TO OpenELEC.
    If you take out the SD Card and then turn on the box It will Boot Into Android.
    If you power off Box and then insert SD card. Then power on the box . It will Boot Into OpenELEC.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi_man82 View Post
      Posted on you LE forum but not sure you saw this?
      I saw this but I thought you were happy with OE build and I don't need to answer. Will answer on LE forum shortly.

Originally posted by chrissales View Post
      Wireless not showing up in OE settings. But driver is loading. Odd. Here is dmesg and lsmod dump. http://pastebin.com/mnnNTSWP
      You seem to experience the same issue pigbait has. Please try running the test build, the fix (or rather a workaround) will be included in a next release: http://s805.eu/test/pigbait-wifi/

kostaman Thank you for your latest post.

Comment

Kostaman,

Okay so when I copy the HD18Q OE image to the SD card the u-boot variables are supposed to be set then? NOTE: I am using Ubuntu 16.04 Disks Tool to write the HD18Q OE image to the SD Card. Maybe this is why I am having the problem?

or is it after I copy the hd18q OE image and insert the sd card into the MXV. Then on the first startup holding the reset button it installs the OE and then I am suppose to have some option to set the u-boot variables? If so I have no options that pop up for me to set the u-boot variables.

Thank your for you help.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
          I saw this but I thought you were happy with OE build and I don't need to answer. Will answer on LE forum shortly.

You seem to experience the same issue pigbait has. Please try running the test build, the fix (or rather a workaround) will be included in a next release: http://s805.eu/test/pigbait-wifi/

kostaman Thank you for your latest post.
          Thanks will try LE test build.

Comment

Kostaman,

Okay so when I copy the HD18Q OE image to the SD card the u-boot variables are supposed to be set then? NOTE: I am using Ubuntu 16.04 Disks Tool to write the HD18Q OE image to the SD Card. Maybe this is why I am having the problem?

or is it after I copy the hd18q OE image and insert the sd card into the MXV. Then on the first startup holding the reset button it installs the OE and then I am suppose to have some option to set the u-boot variables? If so I have no options that pop up for me to set the u-boot variables.

Thank your for you help.
            On SD card there is a file called aml_autoscript that sets u-boot variables. When you insert the card and use toothpick method to start the box, it is executed automatically and that makes your box run OE/LE form SD card. This is done automatically when toothpick is inserted. Next time when you power on the box toothpick is not needed as script to run from SD card is saved in u-boot variable.

Comment

yann69 I've just read your post again and noticed that you said you have no sound over SPDIF at all. Try running MXQ build instead of HD18Q. You don't need to make a clean install, simply download a tar update file fox MXQ (can be the same build version) and place it in Update folder.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post

You seem to experience the same issue Guest has. Please try running the test build, the fix (or rather a workaround) will be included in a next release: http://s805.eu/test/pigbait-wifi/

Guest Thank you for your latest post.
                Yeah I am happy with your oe builds but never stops one from wanting to try something new 😃
                All Black MXQ
                Working OpenELEC -
                OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD
                Working Android img - cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
                Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230

Comment

Thank you Kszaq. Wireless config UI now present.

Comment

Kszaq,

Okay I understand now that the AML-Autoscript actually sets the U-boot variables automatically. However, the settings must not be correct for the MXV because I have installed it exactly the way you described and I still have to have the USB Male to Male plugged into USB port 1 and 4 in order for it to flash or I have to press and hold the power button the whole time. It makes no difference if I have the reset button pressed or not pressed for the first time I run the HD18Q OE image to flash the SD card. Also, when OE is installed and up and running if I remove the USB from USB port 1 and 4 it will turn off. So, does this point to a problem with the AML-Autoscript that I am using for the MXV or can I edit the AML-Autoscript and the change settings so that I don't have have the USB cable plugged into the box. Is the AML-Autoscript different for different boxes or is there only one?

Note the MXV has a reset push button on the bottom of the box. No toothpick or paper clip is required to press it. Also, the only way I can enter the recovery mode is when I am in android on a reboot to update the box. Also, pressing and hold the reset button will not bring me into recovery mode.

Again thank you for all your hard work

Comment

Since i update my mxq to the latest firmware mine keypad remote has chanced, sample the letter M dose not be regonaisd, its now [[ can this fixd, thanks for the good work sofar grt Auke

Comment

Originally posted by Auke View Post
                        Since i update my mxq to the latest firmware mine keypad remote has chanced, sample the letter M dose not be regonaisd, its now [[ can this fixd, thanks for the good work sofar grt Auke
                        Can you please read what you have written and then understand we can not help you with such little to no information.
                        We are not mind readers.
                        Is it an ALL BLACK MXQ or RED STRIPE MXV.
                        What are you UPDATING from AND WHAT did you UPDATE to ?
                        Versions of OpenELEC you are Coming from to Updating to. ?
                        Nand or SD card version of OpenELEC.
                        Are you speaking OpenELEC or Android UPDATE ?

Comment

Hi, Is it possible to update only the recovery.img? trough ssh like "update http:locationrecoveryfile" i have a recovery file on the mxq that dont navigates but i have one that works (if i put it on SD) and i want it on the box installed.

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
                            Can you please read what you have written and then understand we can not help you with such little to no information.
                            We are not mind readers.
                            Is it an ALL BLACK MXQ or RED STRIPE MXV.
                            What are you UPDATING from AND WHAT did you UPDATE to ?
                            Versions of OpenELEC you are Coming from to Updating to. ?
                            Nand or SD card version of OpenELEC.
                            Are you speaking OpenELEC or Android UPDATE ?
                            You rigt, i have all Black mxq, update from Android to openelec nand, its the latest version. Now update from 6.95.2.0 too 6.95.2.3 Its worked perfect only the remote keypad is now incorrect, its was allright untill the latest update i have a mini keypad with mousepad function, now some cursors are incorrect like de letter M now its a [, the most letters are correct, even the backspace cursor dont work anymore, hope this information is oké to find out, sorry for mine engles. Thx Auke
                            Last edited by Auke; 05-02-2016, 17:28.

Comment

Kszaq,

Okay I understand now that the AML-Autoscript actually sets the U-boot variables automatically. However, the settings must not be correct for the MXV because I have installed it exactly the way you described and I still have to have the USB Male to Male plugged into USB port 1 and 4 in order for it to flash or I have to press and hold the power button the whole time. It makes no difference if I have the reset button pressed or not pressed for the first time I run the HD18Q OE image to flash the SD card. Also, when OE is installed and up and running if I remove the USB from USB port 1 and 4 it will turn off. So, does this point to a problem with the AML-Autoscript that I am using for the MXV or can I edit the AML-Autoscript and the change settings so that I don't have have the USB cable plugged into the box. Is the AML-Autoscript different for different boxes or is there only one?

Note the MXV has a reset push button on the bottom of the box. No toothpick or paper clip is required to press it. Also, the only way I can enter the recovery mode is when I am in android on a reboot to update the box. Also, pressing and hold the reset button will not bring me into recovery mode.

Again thank you for all your hard work
                              The aml_autoscript I provide is compatible with many boxes - not only S805 - as some people used it successfully with S802 and S812. It's also possible to run it on newer (S905) boxes providing you have a correct ROM on an SD card.

I have never claimed this ROM works on MXV and I won't say that - I don't have this box and have no plans buying it. It is the only one that works in an odd way and only for some users. You can post a link to result of
                              Code:
                              fw_printenv | paste
                              command and I might see if there's something odd in MXV u-boot variables.

If you want to modify aml_autoscript, here's source code: https://github.com/kszaq/OpenELEC.tv...autoscript.src
                              You also need to compile it before putting on SD card, here's commit that introduces aml_autoscript compiling: https://github.com/kszaq/OpenELEC.tv...d22abe506c4d62

There are no guides how to modify it, you need to figure it out yourself. You can look at general u-boot guide at denx.de and Amlogic's u-boot source code at https://github.com/kszaq/u-boot
                              Note that u-boot may be different on every device.

Originally posted by Dynamic2 View Post
                              Hi, Is it possible to update only the recovery.img? trough ssh like "update http:locationrecoveryfile" i have a recovery file on the mxq that dont navigates but i have one that works (if i put it on SD) and i want it on the box installed.
                              cd to folder with recovery.img and execute
                              Code:
                              dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
                              This works on both Android (rooted) and OE.
                              Last edited by kszaq; 05-03-2016, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Auke View Post

You rigt, i have all Black mxq, update from Android to openelec nand, its the latest version. Now update from 6.95.2.0 too 6.95.2.3 Its worked perfect only the remote keypad is now incorrect, its was allright untill the latest update i have a mini keypad with mousepad function, now some cursors are incorrect like de letter M now its a [, the most letters are correct, even the backspace cursor dont work anymore, hope this information is oké to find out, sorry for mine engles. Thx Auke
                                We can only help you with STANDARD BOX remote.
                                If you are needing help with Mini Keypad i have no idea how to fix this as i believe these remotes are Learned.
                                Is it a remote with a mini usb receiver which plugs into the box ? If it is i cannot help you.
                                Does your standard remote work ?

Comment

Working...
                                X