Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING, NEWS, and ROM - New model UG802 different wifi!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, those two files made the device not booting anymore.

Had to search the two pins to put the stick into Mask mode. Made a photo - it is at the quality control sticker, next to the flash.

Also I found the different Wifi chip. It is labelled RTL8188EUS - which I thought was the old one; but that is a RTL8188EU, at least according to the kernel module.

The backside looks as usual to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Koepi View Post
      Ok, those two files made the device not booting anymore.

Had to search the two pins to put the stick into Mask mode. Made a photo - it is at the quality control sticker, next to the flash.
      Also I found the different Wifi chip. It is labelled RTL8188EUS - which I thought was the old one; but that is a RTL8188EU, at least according to the kernel module.
      The backside looks as usual to me.
      Looks like UG802-V1 but the PCB is a bit different. And on the PCB says "T002 V2", the WiFi antenna has different soldering points, and other small differences.

Kinda like a new edition, UG802-V1.2
      Did you try to flash UG802-V1 ROM with RK Flash Tool? I think that is what you need. Enter into Flash mode with short reset points and connect to PC.

Use some original rom, and not the rom from this topic. That is for UG802 V2 (with reset button)
      UG802 V1 ROM:

UG802 stock roms:
      https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0...3c0bDJPTlkzckk
      Last edited by kisist1; 01-28-2013, 20:10.

Comment

Thanks for the stock rom link, kisist1!

Oviously, V2 is available in more variants, mine doesn't carry a reset switch. As described, I had to find the reset pins (under the quality control sticker) and short them with a screw driver.

Yes, sure, I use RKAndroidTool 1.35 which is delivered with Finless 1.7

Even flashing the Picuntu kernel works and boots, and there I'm also stuck in the Wifi setup.
        So that UG802 V2 stick is to be used with stock rom for now. (Its for the Kitchen TV so my wife doesn't need to carry around her MBP for watching online TV series anymore.)

Thanks a million again, now I'm happy!

V1 stick currently setups Picuntu and runs at speed of light with Finless, the second one will work as intended again in a few!

Edit: This is crazy stuff. As soon as I reconnected the stick to the computer to flash it, it came up properly. I even could setup Wifi!
        So this V2 version seems perfectly compatible, though it is somehow instable. It boots up only in random cases. Switching power supply didn't help the situation. It's a lot better when using a 1,2 GHz kernel it seems.
        After the device stopped booting again, I shortened the Mask mode pins and flashed a 1,2GHz kernel, since then it seems to work stable. I don't see bad soldering on the PCB which could be causing this behaviour. I hope it's just a "bad" CPU which isn't capable of doing higher frequencies. But after all, my first idea of the same Wifi chipset was right - it is the same.
        Last edited by Koepi; 01-27-2013, 19:19.

Comment

So are you guys saying there is yet a 3rd version with a different ROM?

e.g. this version wont work with the clone ROM or my ROM?

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by kisist1 View Post
            Looks like UG802-V1 but the PCB is a bit different. And on the PCB says "T002 V2", the WiFi antenna has different soldering points, and other small differences.

Kinda like a new edition, UG802-V1.2
            Did you try to flash UG802-V1 ROM with RK Flash Tool? I think that is what you need. Enter into Flash mode with short reset points and connect to PC.

Use some original rom, and not the rom from this topic. That is for UG802 V2 (with reset button)
            UG802 V1 ROM:
            https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B3...JPTlkzckk/edit
            Hello Kisis1, your link for UG802-V2 Brick my device and i Reflash with Fineless 1.6 still no wifi.
            Thank anyway.
            Johnlee

Comment

Possibly a third variant there.

I'll try kisist's stock ROM tonight.

It seems, I can flash Finless 1.7 and the stick works great after that _once_. If I disconnect power for a longer time and want to start the stick, the blue light goes on and nothing else happens anymore. Until I put the stick into mask mode and flash it again. Then it works once - even with Wifi - and that's it.

I still fail to nail it down to something.

Comment

Clone ROM vs V2 ROM

I compared the Clone rom, and the V2 rom, they are the same! I uploaded it to google drive just to keep it alive for sure. Always check first which device do you have!

UG802 stock roms:
                https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0...3c0bDJPTlkzckk
                Last edited by kisist1; 01-28-2013, 20:03.

Comment

Fake UG802?

What do you think about this "UG802"?

I think its not UG802. First of all it should be blue! And there are for points at the "reset points" part.

Comment

Just replied there

Comment

UG802 II

UG802 II : 1GB DDR3, 8GB NAND, Mediatek MT5931SA (Wifi), Mediatek MT6622N (Bluetooth V3.1), without Reset butoon.

http://imgbox.com/g/Hie2P2OUvc

Comment

JnlsOsses: Yours is clearly labelled UG007, that's no UG802.

Back to UG802:
                        A friend of mine, micro electronics engineer, took a short glance at the photos of the PCB.
                        His first shot is, that the HDMI connector seems badly soldered/connected.

Will put the PCB on a scanner after work tonight, maybe that'll help narrowing things down. He also mentioned the empty spaces on the PCB (look ath the photos, there seems a diode missing below the HDMI connector and some kind of reset switch on the top in the middle).
                        Maybe Ugoos has "just" a QC problem with the recent batches. Let's hope I find someone brave enough doing this SMD soldering for the HDMI port ...
                        Last edited by Koepi; 01-29-2013, 08:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Koepi View Post
                          JnlsOsses: Yours is clearly labelled UG007, that's no UG802.

Back to UG802:
                          A friend of mine, micro electronics engineer, took a short glance at the photos of the PCB.
                          His first shot is, that the HDMI connector seems badly soldered/connected.

Will put the PCB on a scanner after work tonight, maybe that'll help narrowing things down. He also mentioned the empty spaces on the PCB (look ath the photos, there seems a diode missing below the HDMI connector and some kind of reset switch on the top in the middle).
                          Maybe Ugoos has "just" a QC problem with the recent batches. Let's hope I find someone brave enough doing this SMD soldering for the HDMI port ...
                          yeah, in the PCB is labelled UG007, but I bought http://dx.com/p/ug802-ii-android-4-1...m-black-165873

I don't understand why...when it had the stock firmware, it said UG802 II, in about device tab

PD: the HDMI works fine..

Comment

Originally posted by JnlsOsses View Post
                            UG802 II : 1GB DDR3, 8GB NAND, Mediatek MT5931SA (Wifi), Mediatek MT6622N (Bluetooth V3.1), without Reset butoon.

http://imgbox.com/g/Hie2P2OUvc

//OFF: Could you make some pictures without the heat sinks? If you could make only of the top, where the RK3066 soc, that would be perfect But I also understand if you don't want to

Comment

Originally posted by kisist1 View Post

//OFF: Could you make some pictures without the heat sinks? If you could make only of the top, where the RK3066 soc, that would be perfect But I also understand if you don't want to
                              I can't because the heatsink only once sticks

Comment

My PCB is labeld with HTC-T002-V1.
                                Is it safe to flash the Finless 1.7 ROM on this device?
                                Last edited by g0rnix; 02-01-2013, 17:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X