No announcement yet.

NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you please share the brand and model of your Ethernet USB adapter? Thank you.

Originally posted by jpci View Post
    I use 1.7a and a Ethernet usb adapter. Ethernet works on every boot without use any patch.
    Regards,

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7 (beta is over)

hi, i'm using 1.7a on mk802iiis..

i'm able to make tp-link tl-wn823n (realtek 8192) usb wifi adapter to work using rtl8192cu.ko module (from armtvtech, forgot the link).
      so i replaced rkwifi.ko with that rtl8192cu.ko (renamed original rkwifi.ko --> rkwifi.ko.old, and rtl8192cu.ko --> rkwifi.ko).
      but upon reboot, my stick still use its internal wifi instead of external. i had to manually insmod the new rkwifi.ko to make it work again.

any suggestions?
      thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

If you look at ROM normal boot rkwifi.ko is not insmodded. Wlan.ko is. Reason is wifi drivers are in the kernel.
        So to use another wifi device it has to me insmodded. Also you do not need to rename it rkwifi.ko.

So if you are using my ROM you have init.d support. You can make a simple script and put it into system/etc/init.d.

First copy in the rtl8192cu.ko module into /system/lib/modules/
        Set permissions to match other KO files in there!

Make a script called 00rk8192.sh
        In the script put this:

#!/system/bin/sh

insmod system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko

Make sure to leave one blank line at the end of the script or it will not work!

Save this file and put it in /system/etc/init.d
        Set permissions on the script to RW and Execute.

Now when you reboot the rtl8192cu.ko should be there. To check open a terminal emulator and type
        su
        lsmod

you should see it listed.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

^^ very well explained. :thumbup:

thanks a lot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by netghoster View Post
            Could you please share the brand and model of your Ethernet USB adapter? Thank you.
            Chipset is
            ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88178 (0b95:1780)

It's a gigabit adapter
            Trendnet TU2-ETG (Version v2.0R)

Regards,

Enviado desde mi GT-P5110 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hello again,

One question:

I have a remote control Measy RC13. This rc has audio hardware, (mic+speaker+stereo jack for audio out). Every time my machine boots, it choose this audio device by default and I have to go to audio/sound settings for change to "HDMI" device.
              How can I automate this?

Regards,

Comment

Driver USB-LAN adapter HG20F9

Dear Bob,

First I want to thank you for your effort regarding the ROM for the MX1. I am really enjoying it!

Because I am stuck with inserting a driver for the USB to LAN adapter (http://dx.com/p/usb-2-0-to-rj45-100-...r-black-160154 ) with a 88772 chip (see also: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4714...18#entry535018 ) and you are very familiar with programming, I would like to ask you if you can give me some directions or include this driver in the ROM to make this device work in the MX1/2 Android player.

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time.

Kind Regards

Marcel

Comment

Chipset is

It's a gigabit adapter

Regards,

JPCI:

Is your ethernet adapter getting a lower download speed than your wifi using speed test app? I have Cat 5e and Bobjgear ethernet adapter and I am getting lower speed on ethernet than the wifi?? what is your reading? I have a 50 gb service and I am consistently 20 mbs with ethernet adapter and 30s with wifi. My windows OS Vista is getting 50s mbs from the same router.

my adapter : http://www.amazon.com/BobjGear-Ether...ref=pd_cp_pc_2

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Chipset is

It's a gigabit adapter

Regards,

Thank you. I will probably order the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
                      JPCI:

Is your ethernet adapter getting a lower download speed than your wifi using speed test app? I have Cat 5e and Bobjgear ethernet adapter and I am getting lower speed on ethernet than the wifi?? what is your reading? I have a 50 gb service and I am consistently 20 mbs with ethernet adapter and 30s with wifi. My windows OS Vista is getting 50s mbs from the same router.

my adapter : http://www.amazon.com/BobjGear-Ether...ref=pd_cp_pc_2

Thanks in advance.
                      Hello, Playonlover.
                      This sounds logical, your adapter it's a fast ethernet adapter, 10/100Mbps.
                      My adapter it's a gigabit adapter, 1000/100/10 Mbps, but limited by theorical usb 2.0 speed at 480 Mbit/s (60 MB/s).
                      Internal Wifi N it's at 300Mbps.
                      This speeds are theorical. But, if units don't lie me, the limited gigabit wins vs wifi N.
                      I don't know if is your case but, also internal wifi on my MK802iiis is very unstable with every rom that I has probed.
                      With this gigabit adapter, from what I've tasted, exchanging data with my computer with windows 7 reached speeds of 15Mb/s. Not much, but more and especially more constant than wifi.
                      If you want, tell me a test speed and I give you my measure, but my adsl it's limited to 3Mbs. Yes, it's very slow.

regards,

Comment

I am a new MX1 user, just got it yesterday from Amazon, Geekbuying seller. So far so happy. It came with the 1.5 ROM, so I won't to flash it to 1.7a, because of the 1080p support. The problem is the link for the rockchip driver in Dropbox is missing. Where else can I download that file ?
                        THANKS !!

OPS: I am sorry just downloaded the 250meg file and noticed everything is inside !!! SORRY FOR THE POST

Comment

Originally posted by untyped View Post
                          I am a new MX1 user, just got it yesterday from Amazon, Geekbuying seller. So far so happy. It came with the 1.5 ROM, so I won't to flash it to 1.7a, because of the 1080p support. The problem is the link for the rockchip driver in Dropbox is missing. Where else can I download that file ?
                          THANKS !!

OPS: I am sorry just downloaded the 250meg file and noticed everything is inside !!! SORRY FOR THE POST

If you do movies on xbmc flash 1.7a...otherwise lots of problems with xbmc playback.

Comment

Hello, Playonlover.
                            This sounds logical, your adapter it's a fast ethernet adapter, 10/100Mbps.
                            My adapter it's a gigabit adapter, 1000/100/10 Mbps, but limited by theorical usb 2.0 speed at 480 Mbit/s (60 MB/s).
                            Internal Wifi N it's at 300Mbps.
                            This speeds are theorical. But, if units don't lie me, the limited gigabit wins vs wifi N.
                            I don't know if is your case but, also internal wifi on my MK802iiis is very unstable with every rom that I has probed.
                            With this gigabit adapter, from what I've tasted, exchanging data with my computer with windows 7 reached speeds of 15Mb/s. Not much, but more and especially more constant than wifi.
                            If you want, tell me a test speed and I give you my measure, but my adsl it's limited to 3Mbs. Yes, it's very slow.

regards,
                            Thanks. It was unreliable wifi that forced me into ethernet before. I hope it may be fixed now with new ROMs

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
                              If you do movies on xbmc flash 1.7a...otherwise lots of problems with xbmc playback.
                              So it is better not to flash to 1.7a ?

Comment

Originally posted by untyped View Post
                                So it is better not to flash to 1.7a ?

No, I would suggest, if you are going to use xbmc, that you do flash the Finless 1.7a because it adds hardware accelerated videodecoding files that improve xbmc's use of mx player, etc. immensely. Use the xbmcandroid.com settop box version of xbmc with external player. Works great for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X