No announcement yet.

NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to all of this, I flashed your 1.7a onto my MX1. Will there be any problems with the partition, did you ROM set it to a different size?

Thanks for all our help
    - Gary

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    1.7a?
    That's for the mk808 not the initial!

Just download the stock rom from geek buying and flash it!

Bob

Comment

I reflashed it with your rom, setting the partition to 1gb, then flashed it with the Imito image and all is working fine.

Date and Time is correct and Wifi Name is correct

- Gary

Originally posted by gnalen View Post
      I am new to all of this, I flashed your 1.7a onto my MX1. Will there be any problems with the partition, did you ROM set it to a different size?

Thanks for all our help
      - Gary

Comment

Tried 1.7a 1080p first. Then I tried 1.7a 720p but it was veeeery slow on my device, every time after boot it took very long befora I can do anything.
        Yesterday I flashed 1.7b and it's very snappy and fast, antutu score is about 1.000 more than 1.7a 720p.
        It's a shame that there's no 1080p for this version.
        Tonight I will try skype, until now i've never been able to to a working videocall. I have a logitech HD C510 Webcam.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Reaver View Post
          Tried 1.7a 1080p first. Then I tried 1.7a 720p but it was veeeery slow on my device, every time after boot it took very long befora I can do anything.
          Yesterday I flashed 1.7b and it's very snappy and fast, antutu score is about 1.000 more than 1.7a 720p.
          It's a shame that there's no 1080p for this version.
          Tonight I will try skype, until now i've never been able to to a working videocall. I have a logitech HD C510 Webcam.

For Skype the latest version that works well for me is Skype – free IM & video calls 2.9.0.315

All the version after this gave me very blurry picture quality, green ribbon at the bottom of the screen, and freezing crashing once in a while.

I believe the issue is not ROM related. I tried on stock ROM, Finless 1.4, Finless 1.5 and Finless 1.7b. They all have the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by netghoster View Post
            For Skype the latest version that works well for me is Skype – free IM & video calls 2.9.0.315

All the version after this gave me very blurry picture quality, green ribbon at the bottom of the screen, and freezing crashing once in a while.

I believe the issue is not ROM related. I tried on stock ROM, Finless 1.4, Finless 1.5 and Finless 1.7b. They all have the same issue.
            I also tried older version, bit no one worked.
            My problem is differnt, is not about video quality or artifacts.
            Sometime on first call I get no video, then I can't calla at all, as soon as I reply to the call, the call ends.
            Tried both making and receiving calls...

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Reaver View Post
              I also tried older version, bit no one worked.
              My problem is differnt, is not about video quality or artifacts.
              Sometime on first call I get no video, then I can't calla at all, as soon as I reply to the call, the call ends.
              Tried both making and receiving calls...
              I had similar issue when I used the OTG usb port to connect and power the video camera. After I added a powered USB hub and connect the video camera via the hub, I don't experience the similar issue any more.

Comment

I think that I already tried, but I will try again, powered usb+old version.
                thanks.

Comment

all the possible combinations give me the slowest (1mbps) WiFi I ever had with any Android Box I owned/sell.

1.5 is still the best for my Imito MX2
                  Last edited by Temporel; 03-16-2013, 02:58. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Temporel View Post
                    all the possible combination gives me the slowest (1mbps) WiFi I ever had with any Linux Box I owned/sell.

1.5 is still the best for my Imito MX2
                    OK wait... this ROM also had wifi issues with the MK808. Are you telling me for the MX1/2 Wifi is slow and has a problem?

If so I can solve this. But it requires someone to test in a good and consistant way. Willing?

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Finless,

First off just let me say thank you for taking the effort to make these devices better functionally. I have tried your 1.7s on both the MX2 and the MK808 and found them to be a vast improvement over the stock ROM, especially with the support in 1.7 to automatically hide the taskbar - an implementation that actually works well compared to the others!

Would you kindly share the start/end offset in which portion of the ROM where the boot logo is located in? I am trying to debrand the device as a whole and I've dug into the boot/kernel but have not been able to find the location where you put the boot logo in.. that information for the MX2 & MK808 would be much appreciated.

Again, thanks for the hard work you're putting in - appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by gnalen View Post
                        I reflashed it with your rom, setting the partition to 1gb, then flashed it with the Imito image and all is working fine.

Date and Time is correct and Wifi Name is correct

- Gary
                        Hey Bob:

On my MX2 wy Wifi name is also all zeros, like Gary's was, but it is working perfectly. Any significance?

Time on mine is fine once it connects and checks with the time server. No issue there.

Bill

Comment

About wi-fi strenght, I checked with wifi analizer.
                          Signal strenght in my MK809II has is exactly the same as my TF101 tablet, and just a little less than my HTC Desire S mobile.
                          It works very well.

I'm running 1.7b, but it was ok also on 1.7a and 1.5.

Comment

Rom download linbk

I've just taken delivery of the MX2 this morning. I've been following these forums since ordered the device and firstly want to say fantastic work to Bob Finless!

I've been trying to download the 1.7b rom or even the 1.5 one, but the links do not appear to working. Could one of you good people help with this, please?

Thanks

Comment

We are having server issues and are working on it. Should not be too long and the downloads will be back up.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

any luck finding a cam that will work?

any luck finding a cam that will work?

Originally posted by korkut View Post
                                Nice, I'll test it probably soon.

Did anyone tried to connect a webcam to the stick? I tried a gpsca based webcam but it is either a driver issue or camera application is missing/incompatible and the app I was writing just kept crashing. I didn't investigate further though, short on time and knowledge.

If possible, I'd like to help resolve it before the final release.

Comment

Working...
                                X