Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terrandroid View Post
    i have the same problem
    I had the same issue initially. I believe that this has occurred because, like me, you went to complete the flash and it told you that the recovery file does not exist, so you went and browsed around to find the recovery file and found a file called ug802recovkernel and assumed that was the recovery file you were looking for. That is exactly what I did. I was able to eventually fix this issue by pulling the cover off and jumping the jumper to manually put the device in flash mode. Then I flashed 1.7 ROM back on and it started working fine. Pain...
    I dont really know anything about this stuff, Im just messing around... But my best guess is that the recovery.img that is supposed to be in the rom folder is just not present in the download and the file that we are attempting to use to replace it is causing this issue. I also attempted to complete the flash by unchecking the recovery box so it didnt flash that part (I know... Im a noob), and it just got stuck in flash mode each time it rebooted... That was fortunately easy to fix, just had to flash 1.7 ROM again... So, fwiw, that can at least get you back to being functional again. I was playing around with the idea of using the 1.7ROM recovery.img but that sounded a little to dangerous and I guess I should be happy enough to have not completely broken my UG802...

Comment

Re: NEW - UG802 Finless 1.8 Custom ROM

Originally posted by missionelect View Post
      I had the same issue initially. I believe that this has occurred because, like me, you went to complete the flash and it told you that the recovery file does not exist, so you went and browsed around to find the recovery file and found a file called ug802recovkernel and assumed that was the recovery file you were looking for. That is exactly what I did. I was able to eventually fix this issue by pulling the cover off and jumping the jumper to manually put the device in flash mode. Then I flashed 1.7 ROM back on and it started working fine. Pain...
      I dont really know anything about this stuff, Im just messing around... But my best guess is that the recovery.img that is supposed to be in the rom folder is just not present in the download and the file that we are attempting to use to replace it is causing this issue. I also attempted to complete the flash by unchecking the recovery box so it didnt flash that part (I know... Im a noob), and it just got stuck in flash mode each time it rebooted... That was fortunately easy to fix, just had to flash 1.7 ROM again... So, fwiw, that can at least get you back to being functional again. I was playing around with the idea of using the 1.7ROM recovery.img but that sounded a little to dangerous and I guess I should be happy enough to have not completely broken my UG802...
      i know how i can go back to 1.7 that is not a problem for me. I wanted to know what is going wrong, this has to work.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P6210 met Tapatalk

Comment

One thing I can say for sure is that there was no recovery.img in the archive that I downloaded from freak tab, and there was also nothing in the instructions about the recovery.img being absent and what you are supposed to do about that. Without that file or some direction about how to proceed without it, Im stuck, so I'll just keep 1.7 ROM until I get a solution from someone here. The strange thing is that many others posted that they upgraded and it worked great up until Sunday. The archive either got changed recently and that file was left out, or the people that were successful know something that I dont. (<---- The most likely!)

Comment

Originally posted by missionelect View Post
          One thing I can say for sure is that there was no recovery.img in the archive that I downloaded from freak tab, and there was also nothing in the instructions about the recovery.img being absent and what you are supposed to do about that. Without that file or some direction about how to proceed without it, Im stuck, so I'll just keep 1.7 ROM until I get a solution from someone here. The strange thing is that many others posted that they upgraded and it worked great up until Sunday. The archive either got changed recently and that file was left out, or the people that were successful know something that I dont. (<---- The most likely!)
          I don't think that it's related to the recovery, it would be pretty strange that it would dissappear though. I went back to 1.7 also for now, and I hope this can be figured out.

Comment

Can somebody pleasy provide me a different copy of finless 1.8 other then the one from OP. I want to try out , to see if that makes any difference.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9305 met Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think that it's related to the recovery, it would be pretty strange that it would dissappear though. I went back to 1.7 also for now, and I hope this can be figured out.
              I had the same issue, Missing recoery.img and stuck at the boot screen.

Ended up copying the recovery.img file from the finless 1.7 release and flashed the 1.8 with that and it finally worked for me.

Best of luck!

Comment

I am going to try that out.

Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by mmardirosian View Post
                  I had the same issue, Missing recoery.img and stuck at the boot screen.

Ended up copying the recovery.img file from the finless 1.7 release and flashed the 1.8 with that and it finally worked for me.

Best of luck!
                  It worked flawlessly finally 1.8 on my ugo.

Comment

I try to install, and in the pc, all OK, but the stick, boot in console mode, what can I do?

Enviat desde el meu Android

Comment

Originally posted by carmos View Post
                      I try to install, and in the pc, all OK, but the stick, boot in console mode, what can I do?

Enviat desde el meu Android
                      Copy the recovery file from finless 1.7 to 1.8 and flash again. Worked for me.

Comment

Copy the recovery file from finless 1.7 to 1.8 and flash again. Worked for me.

Thanks, I read before write, and i try your solution, and works for me too.
                        thanks again

Comment

???

Hello !

I tried it but the flash tool tell me : "Recovery file is not existed"
                          I had a look in the folder, and no file name : recovery.img ... ???
                          So I download the files again ... the same thing !
                          How can I get the missing file ?

Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-J View Post
                            Hello !

I tried it but the flash tool tell me : "Recovery file is not existed"
                            I had a look in the folder, and no file name : recovery.img ... ???
                            So I download the files again ... the same thing !
                            How can I get the missing file ?

Thank you !
                            Hello !
                            I try this : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...fi-%28Fixed%29 and it works !!!

Thank you for this !!!

Comment

Problem after upgrading to finless 1.8 from 1.7 (solved)

Originally posted by bullfrogchampion View Post
                              I followed the instructions in the included readme file, but I seem to have made a mistake somewhere along the line. As soon as the download verification completes in the flash tool, my device restarts, windows no-longer detects it, and the device ends up in a linux recovery console. The following is the end of the output:

BusyBox v1.19.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.19.3-7ubuntu1.1) built-in shell (ash)
                              Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)

The (initramfs) line is the prompt, and as you can tell I have a simple linux recovery shell that I can poke around in. I don't know enough about linux booting to be able to work out what if anything went wrong, and what I need to do to fix it.

I used the contact shorting method while connecting to get windows to detect the thing again, but reflashing had exactly the same result.

Has anyone else had an issue like this, or at least has any idea of what I can do to fix it? I've read through this whole thread but I haven't found anything quite like this issue. I really want to be able to use this device, but right now I feel like I've basically bricked the thing.
                              I got the same problem after carefully following instructions. Installing 1.7 previously went very smooth.
                              I retried several times, trying slight variations, but either ended up in recovery linux (as you), locked bootscreen or nothig (just hanged)

To make the story short, I fixed it.
                              I noticed that the adresses used in ROM Flash Tool are slightly different in the 1.7 than 1.8.
                              So I used 1.7 installer with its adresses, but selected the files from my 1.8 finless directory.
                              Then it worked (!)

There must be a mismatch between bootloader adress map setup and used adresses for flash tool somehow. I tried several times with 1.8 setup but never got it to work (erasing nand most of the time, trying partial updates)
                              Anyhow, now I a very pleased with this magnificent ROM.
                              Love the RKRemoteControl support. You can now pinch zoom also.

Comment

I've flashed my clone UG802 with 8188 wifi chip, but then I found out that Finless 1.8 rom doesn't work with 8188 chip. So I am trying to flash to Finless 1.7 rom. However, I am running into problem with connecting to PC. Nothing happens now when the "Connect to PC" is checked. USB debugging is checked as well in Developer options.

My dongle on it it says EST805 Dual Core Mini PC For Android 4.1. Did I just mess up the stick by flashing to the Finless 1.8?

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help!

***Update

I figured out the solution. I believe my stick is the UG80x clone. I short the pads and it connected to the computer (took many tries to get it to happen). I then changed the setting in Finless ROM kit. The file called settings.ini and I opened it with a text editor and change this:

SUPPORTUSB11=0

Turn it on by changing the 0 to a 1 and then save the file.
                                Close and open the flash tool again.
                                Last edited by YoYoCome; 07-25-2014, 20:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X