Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK802III upgrading from Finless 1.7

UPDATE:
    Using terminal emulator I issued su followed with reboot bootlaoder I managed to flash it.
    The android appeared and it falshed and reboot.
    Now, it stucks at boot screen. Could be because I put 2dark kernel instead of the stock one?
    Also I used 2 GB parameter, as the stick has 8GB.

Managed to short pins 6 & 7 and re-flashed with stock kernel. It is working now. pheewww :|

Hi there,
    I have MK802III and flashed to Finless 1.7 and it works, thanks Bob & 2dark
    Now I want to use this 1.8 version. I am able to get "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb",
    but when I clicked "Reboot to Flash Mode" it prompted me "Flash Mode failed".

The HOST port is connected to the laptop.
    The DC port is also connected to the laptop.
    The same laptop was used when upgrading from the original fw to Finless 1.7

Is there anything I missed?

TIA
    Last edited by seeker; 05-12-2013, 03:04.

Comment

Originally posted by bach0405 View Post
      Hi,
      first of all, Bob, many thanks for your greats roms.

I would like to share a small experience I made.

I had an old TV box with broken bluetooth, WIFI and IR. I wanted to throw it away, but I wondered if I could make a NAS from it with external HDDs.

I found a "hack" made for A500 which uses SMB Filesharing app, with an access to the internal SD card (the app gives access only to the external one).

So I try to use it with HDDs connected (This box has 3 usb ports). The box is connected to the router via RJ45.

On the "hack" process, I made a small change. Instead of :

[System]
      vfs objects = fake_perms
      comment = Android root
      path = /
      force user = root
      read only = no
      writable = yes
      guest ok = no

I did

[System]
      vfs objects = fake_perms
      comment = Android root
      path = /HDD
      force user = root
      read only = yes
      writable = no
      guest ok = no

/HDD is the location of my HDD for my FV-1, It has to be adapted to each device.

Then I reboot and launched SMB filesharing (It can be messy, I tried 3 times).
      Cheers
      I use "SambaDroid" for making a SMB server, easy and fast, for ethernet bind interface to eth0
      You can manage shares what ever you like

Comment

Hi Finless, can you tell me how to enable location services

Comment

1.8 possible on a Clone UG802 v2 (reset button)?

Hi! I'm new to this "stick-y" stuff... I just got mine UG802 from a local shop, and immediately found out, i have the one with the reset button. I was looking forward to flashing it with Finless Bob's 1.8 ROM beforehand, but now I got confused is it's even possible to have a custom ROM on this device. I read the clone topics, and found out that when flashing 1.7, the wifi stops working. As for the 1.8 I saw the warning messages in the first post...

"Another NOTE for Clones or V2:
          This is not for CLONE units or the ug802 V2 with built in camera and/or MIC!
          If you have one of those, then see my Measy UG2 ROM for that model.
          "

But there's something about a Measy ROM there aswell... Is that going to work on this device? Where can I find that ROM? What I really need is xbox wired controller support... That's the main reason I'd like to flash it with 1.8. Maybe with flashing with a stock kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Showkit, is there a stock UG007 ROM around? I can make a 1.8 for the UG007 I just need the stock ROM for wifi drivers and BT.

Bob
            Bob,

I couldnt see a reply giving you what you asked for and I am looking for a Finless 1.8 for UG007 - so here is a link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2102654 where they say that's the stock UG007 Rom.

I lost my UG007 and was just about to buy an RK3188 based stick when I found it so now I want to put the latest Finless on it if poss!

Thanks
            Meth

Comment

Pretty please Bob? ;-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

I will get to it but your behind a list of about 4 other ROMs in my queue.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  I will get to it but your behind a list of about 4 other ROMs in my queue.

Bob
                  Thanks, that's great. I'm happy to wait just knowing it IS in the queue!

Comment

better than original 2013-05, in Minix Neo G4

Hi,

This ROM is better than stock firmware 2013-05.
                    Great Work!

Tested in Minix Neo G4.

Regards,
                    Sticks/TVBoxes: UG007, UG802, MK802-3s V3 & V4 & V5, MK802-3, V8 & CX-803, B12, Minix Neo X5 & G4, MK808, MK808B, CR8, Hi-802, iMito MX2, Mele A2000, MK806, CX-921, CX-818, CX-818B, MK808C (A20), MiniTVBOX A20, Bluetimes M8, Pipo X2, ...

Comment

flawless 1080p

I figured I would let everyone know how I was finally able to get my 1080p mkv's to work flawlessly I mean absolutely perfect on my old ug802 rk3066.

I installed finless bobs 1.8 with 2dark 1080p gpu500 kernal
                      Cpu 504-1200 hotplug guverner
                      Screen set to 1920x1080p 24 hz
                      Using archos video player I am able to watch perfect 1080p playback. I mean the picture i absolutely smooth and no jitters pause or reboots.

I have been trying to accomplish this for a long time and finally have.

Thanks so much Finless Bob for all your hard work on all your roms with out you I would have chucked my ug802 many months ago.
                      Also thanks to 2dar4u for your great kernals.

This combination has made me happy happy happy!

THANK YOU!

Comment

usb host

hey bob would it be possible to get the files for usb joystick center app to add? I have the same problem with my ug802 finless 1.8 and joystick Center app. Thanks your the man!
                        Last edited by assmunche; 06-05-2013, 17:30.

Comment

Please give me the link to that kernel and what app to control the cpu
                          thanks

Originally posted by assmunche View Post
                          I figured I would let everyone know how I was finally able to get my 1080p mkv's to work flawlessly I mean absolutely perfect on my old ug802 rk3066.

I installed finless bobs 1.8 with 2dark 1080p gpu500 kernal
                          Cpu 504-1200 hotplug guverner
                          Screen set to 1920x1080p 24 hz
                          Using archos video player I am able to watch perfect 1080p playback. I mean the picture i absolutely smooth and no jitters pause or reboots.

I have been trying to accomplish this for a long time and finally have.

Thanks so much Finless Bob for all your hard work on all your roms with out you I would have chucked my ug802 many months ago.
                          Also thanks to 2dar4u for your great kernals.

This combination has made me happy happy happy!

THANK YOU!
                          I help with 4GD663269M466950W
                          And you ????
                          --
                          My devices:
                          Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
                          Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

1080p

Originally posted by billgatos View Post
                            Please give me the link to that kernel and what app to control the cpu
                            thanks
                            here is the 2dark4u kernal. it is 1080p with gpu500. the program i use is called set cpu and can be found on play store. my setting are 504 mhz - 1200 mhz using hotplug guvenor.

once again thanks to finless bob and 2dark4u

kernel http://allminipc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16

Comment

Hi folks, can anybody speak if my mk809ii is compatible with the rom finless 1.8 ?
                              I bought two devices (mk 809ii and 806 - rk3066), but this not arrive in my country yet.

Comment

Download link broken?

Comment

Working...
                                X