No announcement yet.

NEW - UG802 Finless 1.8 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey bob...great job on v1.8. Can you tell me where you got "gridview" from?

Comment

I'm mainly looking for gridview to see if it can be edited at all as to what apps it calls.Also, your default kernel goes to 1.6ghz where I recall 1.2 was the highest recommended for non modified units. Is there a version of the kernel around that will stop at 1.2? I used rom toolbox pro to cycle it down but would prefer a solution that works from bootup to prevent issues. Editing a post is not working for me so apologies for the back to back posts. I'd like to make a donation so if you can point me to your paypal I'll get that taken care of.

Comment

Found the donate button at bottom of your post and took care of that. Confirmation number: 0MH94668YA724511P For whatever reason clicking edit post on my linux box in chromium just spins and never actually pulls up the edit screen.

Comment

I installed this as my first Rom this morning. I bought my dongle from Amazon, advertised as a "Klastor" but with no mention of the UG802. Luckily it's written on a sticker on the dongle. My initial impressions were great... until I installed Netflix and the video was scrambled. Did a bit of research and found that Jellybean 4.2.2 combined with a specific version of Netflix is responsible. Tried an earlier Netflix but it was buggy and kept buffering.

I've just installed this Finless 1.8 rom and everything works, including the latest release of Netflix. I think the wifi seems more stable too. So I'm very happy, thank you!

Has anybody got a 4.2.2 Rom working with Netflix?

Cheers,

Jake

Comment

My Mk802III is stuck at the loading screen. It wont boot to the main screen. Any ideas how to fix this? It used to work before

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Hello guys,
              I just can't make it work
              My PC never finds my UG802. Tried everything, even to shorten the two pins with screwdriver and force it to flashmode. Tried with Win7 and XP and it always shows Unknown device.
              I don't know what else to do. I'm kind of desperate. Any help will be appreciated.
              Thanks!

Edit: My device looks like this:
              Last edited by zaktell; 09-24-2013, 08:46. Reason: image

Comment

zaktell,
                If your Win shows Unknown device then you don't have drivers installed. Feed it with them and you'll be able to use RKBatchtool so as to flash your stick.
                CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                  zaktell,
                  If your Win shows Unknown device then you don't have drivers installed. Feed it with them and you'll be able to use RKBatchtool so as to flash your stick.
                  Well I tried like hundred of times to install the drivers with no result. I don't know what am I doing wrong. I scratched the two pins and shortened them. Seems to me that the device never goes to flashmode.

Comment

Sorry, zaktell
                    There is no any reason to write new story about it. You can simply find solution by reading huge number of places here within Freaktab. Or you can write the list of steps you have already done and somebody and me too will help you to find out which was wrong.
                    CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                    K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

It looks like I've bricked the device. There is no signal to the TV, only black screen. I give up.

Comment

I suugest you to do following steps:
                        1. Connect HDMI cable to TV.
                        1.Shorten two unsoldered places(covered with fake gold), which were described in your picture before;
                        2. Connect your stick to your PC with microUSB to Full USB2.0 cable. Make sure you use the USB2.0 port(no USB3.0);
                        3. After listening connection sound from your PC you can remove your "screwdriver".
                        If you have these steps performed properly then your stick is in Recovery mode.
                        Now you have to instal driver.
                        Try it at first.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          Im not sure which ROM to load in my device
                          MK802 IIIS - Bluetooth

Chipsets
                          mediatek mt5931SA
                          mediatek mt6622N

I have the same mediatek wifi and BT.

What ROM did you flash?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Does this rom works on Ugoos UM1 ?? Thanks

Comment

usb LAN down after some time

Anyone using UG802 Finless 1.8 with usb lan adapter?
                              Seems like my UG802 is shutting down usb lan after some time. Reboot helps
                              What seems to be the problem?

Thanks!

Comment

I have an MK802III and I tried to flash this rom (with standard settings).

I ended up with a failure and the flash tool said: Error download idb failed

I rebooted everything and tried with 1.7 tool. Same problem.

I tried with the Rockchip batch tool 1.7 (included with the last firmware) and there I'm getting an error saying Prepare IDB Fail and then it exits.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I should do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X