Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lothian77 View Post
    can i install this rom?
    how can i be sure that it is a proper UG802 and i will not have troubles like with a broken wifi?

Hello,
    is identical to mine (although I have not taken from the same store).
    You absolutely have to install this rom, if you want to take full advantage of the potential of this device.
    I've used it successfully for more than four months, before you try this rom, but I have to say that Dovo have it installed I went from happy owner to excited!.
    ------- ITALIAN ------
    Ciao,
    è identico al mio (anche se non l'ho preso dallo stesso negozio).
    Devi assolutamente istallare questa rom, se vuoi sfruttare a pieno tutte le potenzialità di questo apparecchio.
    Io l'ho utilizzato felicemente per oltre 4 mesi, prima di provare questa rom, ma devo dire che dovo averla istallata sono passato da felice possessore ad entusiasta !!!

Comment

Stuck in recovery mode

Justed flashed 1.8 on my old UG802 device, started it and all seems to work fine in Android. But I also installed Picuntu Linux Kernel as recovery system after the first start, like I did before with Finless 1.7.

I rebooted into recovery, Linux started and all was fine.

But rebooting the UG802 device ("reboot" in Linux or turning it on regulary) always gets me into the recovery mode. I cannot get the device to boot normally into the Android system.

With Finless 1.7 this worked like a charm and I could switch between Android (started at first when turning on) and Linux (reboot to recovery manually).

Any ideas to get out of the recovery mode and get into the normal Android system?

*edit*
      Nevermind. Just killed my UG802 after opening it to reset it by hardware. But too much force to the power USB connector when plugging in the cable broke it loose.
      Last edited by Frapl; 05-01-2013, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by simone View Post

Hello,
        is identical to mine (although I have not taken from the same store).
        You absolutely have to install this rom, if you want to take full advantage of the potential of this device.
        I've used it successfully for more than four months, before you try this rom, but I have to say that Dovo have it installed I went from happy owner to excited!.
        ------- ITALIAN ------
        Ciao,
        è identico al mio (anche se non l'ho preso dallo stesso negozio).
        Devi assolutamente istallare questa rom, se vuoi sfruttare a pieno tutte le potenzialità di questo apparecchio.
        Io l'ho utilizzato felicemente per oltre 4 mesi, prima di provare questa rom, ma devo dire che dovo averla istallata sono passato da felice possessore ad entusiasta !!!
        also yours, when you bought it, had jelly bean preinstalled? or was it with ice cream?
        have you also got the original firmware in case something goes wrong? so i can restore everything
        where can i find the original firmwares?

anche la tua, quando l'hai comprata, aveva jelly bean preinstallato? o c'era ice cream?
        hai anche il firmware originale? così nel caso qualcosa vada male posso installarlo e ripristinare tutto.

grazie!

Comment

no adobe flash on 1.8

i upgarde from 1.7 to 1.8 which is realy great rom but i can't download or use adobe flash player. can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by lothian77 View Post
            also yours, when you bought it, had jelly bean preinstalled? or was it with ice cream?
            have you also got the original firmware in case something goes wrong? so i can restore everything
            where can i find the original firmwares?

Hello,
            I bought it a long time ago (September 2012) by Myefox.it, and had already installed the latest version of JB, which otherwise worked great.
            With the old firmware in fact I did everything I needed, webcam with skype, usb hub with built-in ethernet, airmouse RC13 with a microphone and speaker, all without the need for external power supply, with only the USB port of your TV.
            I opted for the change to this custom rom, to have some additional features that Finless usually uses in his rom, type the key switch off / restart, it seemed to me that the only real flaw of this unit.
            I was also interested in the mirror function that should have WimoRX with the app, but it seems that nobody care much, so it was all frozen ...
            I also have a higher model (rikomagik MK802IIIs) with bluetooth, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of memory, etc.. but I can guarantee that the performances are identical.
            Unfortunately I do not have the original rom, although I'm sure that you do not need it anymore, as it never coming back ... more.
            If you really want to go back to the original rom, I found >>THIS<< forum ...
            In the unlikely event that something does not go well during the flash the rom here on the site there are several threads that may help.
            For example, to me it was fine except that the verification of the data after the flash, and of course you exit the word "failed", but confident I connected it too and it was all ok...

----------- ITALIAN --------------
            Ciao,
            Io l'ho acquistato molto tempo fa (settembre 2012) da Myefox.it , ed aveva già installata l'ultima versione disponibile di JB, che per altro funzionava benissimo.
            Con il vecchio firmware infatti facevo tutto quello che mi serviva, webcam con skype, hub usb con ethernet incorporato,airmouse rc13 con microfono ed altoparlante, tutto senza necessità di alimentazione esterna, solo con la porta usb del televisore.
            Ho optato per il passaggio a questa custom rom, per avere alcune features aggiuntive che Finless di solito utilizza nelle sue rom, tipo il tasto di spegnimento/riavvio , che mi sembrava l'unica vera pecca di questo apparecchio.
            Ero anche interessato alla funzione mirror che dovrebbe avere con la app WimoRX, ma sembra che a nessuno interessi molto, quindi è rimasto tutto congelato...
            Possiedo anche un modello superiore (rikomagik MK802IIIs) con bluetooth,1 gb di ram, 8 gb di memoria,ecc. ma ti posso garantire che le prestazioni sono del tutto identiche.
            Non possiedo purtroppo la rom originale, anche se sono sicuro che non ti servirà più, in quanto non tornerai mai più indietro...Se proprio vuoi tornare alla rom originale, io ho trovato >>QUESTO<< forum ...
            Nel malaugurato caso che qualcosa non andasse per il meglio durante il flash della rom qui sul sito ci sono diversi thread che potranno aiutarti.
            Ad esempio a me è andato tutto bene tranne che la verifica dei dati dopo il flash, e naturalmente è uscita la scritta "failed", ma fiducioso l'ho collegato ugualmente ed infatti era tutto ok...

Comment

Thank you form awesome ROM. one question. When i download any app, when install i dont enable this option, only i avaliable the cancel option. Why? Unknow app install is enabled
              Sorry for muy bad english

Spanish:

Gracias por esta alucinante ROM. Tengo una pregunta. Al intentar instalar aplicaciones descargadas, no me deja hacer click en la casilla Instalar, pero si en la de Cancelar. Alguien sabe porque?. Tengo habilitada la casilla Instalar aplicaciones desconocidas. Gracias
              Last edited by Daro; 05-04-2013, 09:16.

Comment

About WiMoRx

Hello to all,
                I finally managed to find something about the application wimoRx, which is preprogrammed on this rom.

I downloaded the application "sender" taking it from >> THIS << site.

Once installed, I launched the first application on the UG802 (by clicking START), and then the application sender from my tablet (Yuandao N101).

Each setting is in Chinese, so I went to trial and error.

I came to the conclusion that the voices on the right indicate NO or CANCEL, while those on the left indicate YES or CONFIRM.

In the settings of the tablet (or phone) you can set the screen rotation 90 ° schedules or anti-clockwise to display correctly in landscape mode on the TV.

The image transmission is successful, but too slow, making it in effect the application useless for video, and just enough for photos.

As for the audio instead I could not play anything from the speakers of my tv.

I conclude this report with negative judgment, while I look forward to the arrival of some other "magic" application, capable of emulating Airplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                  Thank you form awesome ROM. one question. When i download any app, when install i dont enable this option, only i avaliable the cancel option. Why? Unknow app install is enabled
                  Sorry for muy bad english

Spanish:

Gracias por esta alucinante ROM. Tengo una pregunta. Al intentar instalar aplicaciones descargadas, no me deja hacer click en la casilla Instalar, pero si en la de Cancelar. Alguien sabe porque?. Tengo habilitada la casilla Instalar aplicaciones desconocidas. Gracias
                  I solved my problem. Droid Server was my problem, prevented me install the download aplications. I put in off and now work fine!

Comment

Thanks worked perfectly on unbranded T002

Thanks.

I have an unbranded RK3066 TV stick labelled as a T002. This was refusing to boot up with the stock rom, freezing on the R-box splash screen issue. The UG802 Finless 1.8 custom ROM worked perfectly connecting via micro USB (power) connector to PC. Got the device into recovery mode by shorting connector on motherboard (see attached photo).

Love the flash tool, very simple and straightforward. Thanks for your hard work.
                    Attached Files

Comment

gk802

hi to all,
                      i have 2 devices: ug802 - work perfect.
                      and gk802 - quad core stick - will this 1.8 rom will work on that device??
                      thx for the execellent rom.

Comment

No. The gk is not a rock chip processor.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Will there be a 1.8 to MK808 as well??

Comment

Really

Originally posted by pege63 View Post
                            Will there be a 1.8 to MK808 as well??
                            Please come on, this is a Ugoos sub forum, but if look right you will see a MK sub forum also and guess what there's over there Rom's for all taste and looks of mk808 or b or whatever.
                            I help with 4GD663269M466950W
                            And you ????
                            --
                            My devices:
                            Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
                            Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

Runs Great !!!

Thanks Bob, this runs great on my MK802 III non-bluetooth.
                              Also, I noted in your readme file that you had reports that some of your ROMs did not have HW acceleration enabled. I just wanted to say that I have used a number of versions of your ROMs on several different devices (MK802 III, and 2 different MK808 models) and HW acceleration has always worked perfectly on them. Just my observation. Thanks for all the hard work !! We do appreciate it !!

Comment

experience with Finless 1.7 and 1.8 Roms

Hi,
                                first of all, Bob, many thanks for your greats roms.

I would like to share a small experience I made.

I had an old TV box with broken bluetooth, WIFI and IR. I wanted to throw it away, but I wondered if I could make a NAS from it with external HDDs.

I found a "hack" made for A500 which uses SMB Filesharing app, with an access to the internal SD card (the app gives access only to the external one).

So I try to use it with HDDs connected (This box has 3 usb ports). The box is connected to the router via RJ45.

On the "hack" process, I made a small change. Instead of :

[System]
                                vfs objects = fake_perms
                                comment = Android root
                                path = /
                                force user = root
                                read only = no
                                writable = yes
                                guest ok = no

I did

[System]
                                vfs objects = fake_perms
                                comment = Android root
                                path = /HDD
                                force user = root
                                read only = yes
                                writable = no
                                guest ok = no

/HDD is the location of my HDD for my FV-1, It has to be adapted to each device.

Then I reboot and launched SMB filesharing (It can be messy, I tried 3 times).

Then for my uG802s (I have one with Finless 1.7, 1080p slightly overclocked, the other one with Finless 1.8, 720p, slightly overclocked), I used Archos video player free with the add-on (free too), which is just great. I mainly use mkv, avi and mp4 files and I haven't found a video not working yet with this app. It is possible to get pictures, information, rating and download subtitles (very useful for a french guy).

I am able to stream 720p movies without any lag through SMB protocol, for 1080p I have a small lag when the image is very dynamic.
                                I just noticed that with the 1080p rom, the image of the Archos menu is flickering

I don't really notice a difference of lag between the 2 roms.

In conclusion, I am quite happy to see that "old android devices" (more than 2 years and still on Android 2.2) can have a second life. Furthermore, I am not far from what I expected from this little dongle thanks to the expertise and work of people like Bob.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X