Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It says:

Another NOTE for Clones or V2:
    This is not for CLONE units or the ug802 V2 with built in camera and/or MIC!
    If you have one of those, then see my Measy UG2 ROM for that model.

So for people with UG802_9 (UG80x) and they want Finless 1.8 Custom ROM, they need to get the Measy U2C/B12 Finless ROM 1.7? (I couldn't find Measy UG2 ROM)

Comment

UG820 with 4.04

What is the exact procedure to flash this new rom please ?

Comment

Re: NEW - UG802 Finless 1.8 Custom ROM

Originally posted by tricky2lu View Post
        What is the exact procedure to flash this new rom please ?
        In the first post, you will find a link to the ROM and a document about how to flash it.

Comment

m8 ethernet not working

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Hey folks, it's been a while since I did anything new with the UG802. Well I have been progressing with other TV stick called my 1.7 ROM for MK808 models, MX1, etc. So far people enjoy my 1.7 ROM on other sticks.
          Time to give you all a update too for the ug802. However this is called 1.8 for the ug802.

I want to say thanks to the Minix ROM for teaching me a few things used in this ROM. However this is NOT just a copy of the Minix Neo X5 ROM (system.img)! It has much of my own work in it. It also is ported so wifi, etc works on the ug802. So again, this is not just the Nex X5 system with ugoos kernel!

Note: due to things I wont go into, this is not a 1080 kernel ROM or a "team" ROM. I am supplying ONLY the stock Ugoos 720 kernel. If you all want to use other kernels out there, feel free but I have not tested them.
          But a note: I am now making my own kernels too! I am just not ready to release one as I have lots more to learn on what to tweak, enable overclock, GPU, voltages, etc. So soon I may have my own kernels.

Last comment about 1080 kernels.
          Now after many months of use and testing even with overclocked kernels, I am finding stability to be a goal. Nothing worse than watching a movie with the wife and getting a HANG or reboot. Because of that, I have dropped back to 720 kernels because for me, the difference is not worth the slowness or instability and heat. My opinion only, is to go 1080 you have to overclock! Then you have to make major hardware mods to your unit. And NOT just a heatsink which I did! It needs more cooling to go extreme OC and make a 1080 kernel perform like a 720 kernel does. I will wait for the new RK quad cores which will probably handle 1080 wothout overclocking. Until then, I recommend using a 720 kernel. Just my opinion!

PLEASE NOTE!
          While I have tested this pretty extensively, use at your own risk!

Another NOTE for Clones or V2:
          This is not for CLONE units or the ug802 V2 with built in camera and/or MIC!
          If you have one of those, then see my Measy UG2 ROM for that model.

Features and release notes for my 1.8 ROM:

This is an enterly new system. There is not much from the original UG802 ROM.

1) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
          I have added this to the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
          See info here regarding this new library.

3) New "auto hide" status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
          Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
          can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyoard exit key.

4) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
          It is 3 dots vertically. NOw anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!

3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
          A) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
          b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
          c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
          d) Setup a password for lock screen

5) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
          Now understand how this works
          a) If there is no wifi or ehternet connection the UG802 when it goes to sleep will power off.
          b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again

6) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
          remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

7) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launcehrs.
          Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
          I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
          If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
          LauncherNEW.apk
          AllApp.apk
          RKSettings.apk
          RKBasicsettings.apk
          Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

8) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
          Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
          Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

9) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
          I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
          YOur device will show up in google play as NOT a UG802 device! Understand this please.
          I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
          If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
          Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
          Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
          Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minis Nexo X5.

10) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

11) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
          I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.

12) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
          In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
          You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player!
          Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
          ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

14) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!

15) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
          Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
          Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manuall insmod CIFS and MD4.
          The files are in /system/lib/modules

17) I have modified the parameter files (1GB and 2GB) for larger kernel space.
          This should support allowing you to flash just about any kernel out there without flash tool errors.

18) Wifi mods! I made some changes to Wifi and buffering. It works great for me!
          It holds at 72MBPS for me. Remember though I have a early original unit.

1080P support if you desire:
          This is NOT a true 1080p ROM! However there are 1080 modded kernels available now. Use what you like.

If you decide to use a 1080 kernel:
          If you want the larger icons and text AND your using the 1080 kernel you can easily edit build.prop.
          Since you are rooted you can edit /system/build.prop and change LCD Density value.
          To change it, go get ES File Explorer from Google Play.
          Make sure to enable root explorer in ES File manager settings first!
          Also make sure system is mounted as RW in ES file Explorer settings!
          Go into the system folder and open the build.prop file using ES file editor.
          Find this line:
          ro.sf.lcd_density=160
          Edit the 160 to 240
          save the file
          reboot.
          You will now have 240 LCD density

Two boot.img's available. While this is NOT a 1080P ROM for those that want to use other 1080 kernels
          and do not want the boot screen all jacked up, I have added a boot1080.img file.
          The boot720 is set as default. If you decide to use another 1080 kernel, just change to boot1080.img
          To change a selection for boot, in the flash tool click the empty box to the far right of boot line.
          A file browser will open. Navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the boot1080.img

This ROM has 2 options for you to choose from for flashing so please read carefully how to change these flash options.
          I have provided 2 parameter files. These will increase APP space and decrease internal sdcard space.
          1GB APP space. This is the default for the flash tool unless you change it.
          2GB APP space.

OK so on with the download!
          Here is my new UG802 Finless 1.8 BETA ROM.

ROM -> UG802 Finless 1.8 BETA ROM (243 megs)

Enjoy,
          Bob

Bob
          My ethernet connection is not working on my em8 android square box. I've try 1.8, 1.9 and acemax 0722. None of them work. When I plug in the ethernet all lights come on. What is your solution.

Thanks

Comment

Questin???

This is ROM same to "Mini PC UG802 Dual Core RK3066 1.5GHz Cortex-A9 MK802 III Android 4.0 1GB 4GB IPTV HDD Player TV box"?
            http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/261021804.html

Comment

Upgrade from 4.04 using sd card

Hi bob

Can i upgrade to your 1.8 using SD card

I have original UG802 with 4.04 OS

Thanks

If it not possible ......is there any upgrade that i can do with sd card ?
              Last edited by tricky2lu; 09-18-2014, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by tricky2lu View Post
                Hi bob

Can i upgrade to your 1.8 using SD card

I have original UG802 with 4.04 OS

Thanks

If it not possible ......is there any upgrade that i can do with sd card ?

Can you help Bob Please ?

Comment

Stuck on initial screen

Flashed fine (although had to use recovery.img from 1.7) but there's no wifi. Wifi chip is RTL 8188.. Is this the correct ROM ?
                  Last edited by tarunvarshney; 10-04-2014, 18:01.

Comment

new UG802 Finless 1.8 BETA ROM

Hi i downloaded this file,but wend i go to flash the program doesn't complete procedure,and my ug802 stay on flash mode.could you tell me if there is a 1.8 official version?or can you tell me the right mode to install your 1.8 beta version packet?maybe i have only to choose some files from rom files.thank you

Comment

Upgrade from Mini PC

Guys, exist ROM for "UG802 II Android 4.1.1 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / Bluetooth v3.1 / 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM - Black" ?

Comment

Originally posted by mozdam View Post
                        Guys, exist ROM for "UG802 II Android 4.1.1 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / Bluetooth v3.1 / 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM - Black" ?

http://www.dx.com/p/ug802-ii-android...3#.VQCBj9_0_PE
                        Not sure if this will work for your device, but mine got working with this as it does not have bluetooth and is 4 gb, so most likely not.

But it should be good for others like me using the clone

Comment

Hi,
                          I tried it but all I got is BusyBox. Could you please help me with that?
                          I can't flash again because the PC dont find it anymore.
                          Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello people! I tried to do a firmware upgrade on my UG802 RK3066. It is now with finless 1.6. I can put it in recovery mode, but when I try to update the driver, windows 8 x64, the system says that the driver is already the better for the device, and only shows a "Close" button. Because that, when I put in recovery mode again, the software cannot recognize the device. I tried to do the tutorial several times. But always stop in the same step. Could anyone help me?

Comment

fala pirado18,
                              Get the latest driver at http://ugoos.net/ug802
                              You don't need to update the driver every time, but pay atention on your USB port. I had problems with some USB3 port...

I also solve my problem by jumpering some pin to start in flash mode already.
                              Hope it help you...

Comment

Hi Filess, please I need help. I have my UG802 already rooted, and I was able to reboot it into recovery mode, connected to PC. The drivers were installed OK, and the ROM Flash Tool recognizes the UG802 correctly. But, after rebooting into recovery (using su and then reboot recovery, 'cause the option in the tool does not work), when I try to click Flash ROM or even Erase NAND, I receive the error "recoveryFile is not Existed". Please, can you help me?

Comment

Working...
                                X