No announcement yet.

NEW - UG802 Finless 1.8 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to control the ug802 using a tablet/phone? Mk802 remote app used to work with finless 1.7 but in cant seem to get it to work with 1.8

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

I bought droidmote and works a lot faster than Mk802 remote app.

Comment

Bob, Thanks for a great ROM, after my MK808 died I recently bought a re-branded UG802 its a TV-HDMI-KB-01 from Point of view (the PCB says HTC-T002-V1) I installed this ROM and everything seems perfect, except for one thing and it might not even be related to the ROM, just want to check if anyone else has the problem I have problems playing video streams The YouTube app sometimes plays the video and sometimes it doesn't, if I change the quality then the video hangs on on loading circle, the app is not frozen, it just doesn't load the video. I thougt this was a problem only with the YouTube app, but the same thing happens with XBMC.

internet does not seem to be the problem since I can browse and do other online activities without a problem.

This does not happen on the stock firmware (which I am using now).

anyone got any ideas ? or does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by niabi View Post
          Bob, Thanks for a great ROM, after my MK808 died I recently bought a re-branded UG802 its a TV-HDMI-KB-01 from Point of view (the PCB says HTC-T002-V1) I installed this ROM and everything seems perfect, except for one thing and it might not even be related to the ROM, just want to check if anyone else has the problem I have problems playing video streams The YouTube app sometimes plays the video and sometimes it doesn't, if I change the quality then the video hangs on on loading circle, the app is not frozen, it just doesn't load the video. I thougt this was a problem only with the YouTube app, but the same thing happens with XBMC.

internet does not seem to be the problem since I can browse and do other online activities without a problem.

This does not happen on the stock firmware (which I am using now).

anyone got any ideas ? or does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!

did other tests, and it seems it might be some updates on the play store, if I install the ROM and don't install updates, then everything seems fine, the moment I install the updates, then it starts to fail... will look into what app is the one causing this

Comment

plays the UG802 really FullHd

Hello Together.
            I have the UG802 for more than 6 months with Finless 1.6. Now I wanted to flash another 1.7 or 1.8. But I always read 720p Kernel, 1080p kernel. What is the difference now? I always thought the UG802 plays FullHD from. I can adjust settings at 1080p with 50-60 FPS.
            What is right?
            1. I have a 720p kernel he plays 1080p -> 720p <- 1080p. (Source - Systemresolution - Upscaling)
            2. I have a 1080p kernel he plays 1080p - = 1080p = - 1080p.

Or it does not matter which kernel I have?

Yesterday I have tried many combinations. Somehow, 1.7 and 1.8 were not as stable as 1.6

Comment

kernel build config

Bob, please share you .config from kernel build. I need build some additional modules

Comment

Originally posted by AndryBlack View Post
                Bob, please share you .config from kernel build. I need build some additional modules
                I did not make a kernel. Contact 2dark4u. He made the kernels most are using with the UG devices.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have found the answer in the forum Allminipc.com.
                  that's crappy. It is advertised with full HD, but it's not true.

720p vs 1080p
                  There are 720p kernels and 1080p kernels available.
                  These devices by default have a 720p kernel, meaning the "internal system" will run at 720p resolution no matter what. Even if you set the output to 1080p under settings it will just take that 720p resolution and upscale it to 1080p.
                  So when you watch a 1080p movie on a 720p kernel (and the output set to 1080p under settings), that video image will first be downscaled to 720p (loosing detail in the process) and then upscaled again to 1080p (just increasing pixels, not adding detail) before it's send to the TV/Monitor. So even if you are able to play a 1080p movie on a 720p kernel, all detail over 1280x720 resolution will be lost. That doesn't mean it still cant look very good and you'll have the benefit of a fast running android and other apps. Also i think you will be able to play 1920x800 resolution videos (a very common movie resolution) without having to overclock the device (even though you wont get the full detail).

With a 1080p kernel you will have real 1920x1080 output to your TV/Monitor. Meaning when you watch a 1080p movie you will also see that 1080p detail. However with a stock/non-overclocked kernel you wont be able to watch even the lowest common 1080p movie resolution which is 1920x800 without a lot of dropped frames. So you will have to overclock...

So with 720p kernel you can play (most) 1080p movies, but you wont see the detail so there is no real reason to watch a 1080p movie. And with a 1080p kernel you will be able to see the extra detail of a 1080p movie but you wont be able to play them!!! I think that's what they call a "catch 22"
                  Unless... you overclock...

Comment

awesome job finless!

Can anyone tell me how to add shortcuts to the grid homescreen? I removed some icons (only in the bottom row) and I'm not sure how to add other apps to the homescreen.

Comment

how to port it to mk809iii ?

Comment

hi,

can we use this on mk802III ?
                        which file to use as img on the flash installer ?

Comment

I believe I forgot to clear NAND before flashing, resulting in boot freeze and hard reset. I was updating from 1.7. Is this likely what caused the boot freeze? Dont want to have to to hard reset again.

Comment

Last edited by harrybo; 08-16-2013, 11:43. Reason: want to delete this post but doesn't let me :(

Comment

Originally posted by zasten View Post
                              Actually after repeating the flash (after re-downloading the rom) it seems that I am stuck on the boot screen again. No progress after more than 10 minutes.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Looks like I will be going back to 1.7 and try to flash libstagefright.so from CWM.
                              Try changing the OTG cable.(the USB cable you use to power and flash with),I had miserable week with this problem, I hope that fixes it for you.

Comment

UG802 1.7 and 1.8 No Sound

Hello Bob
                                I have a problem with the firmware 1.7 and 1.8.
                                When I connect the UG802 to the TV, I have no sound.
                                When I plug in on my ALL in ONE PC I have sound. How can it be?

Comment

Working...
                                X