Kimdecent B13 / MK812 with external Wifi Antena - Finless BETA ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 4.2.1

As promised, I have tested the Mk812 4.2.1 version. In fact is the S21D minipc firmware, another name for this minipc, I suppose. Everything is working normally. The Antutu benchmarks marks are similar to the B13 stock firmware version 4.1.1. This S21D version is rooted already with some Asian video streaming players and apex installed.
    The message “android.process.acore” as appeared some times and is very annoying, maybe there is a bug on it. The wi-fi speed seems normal to me. I haven’t results because The wifi network at home varies a lot during the day, so I wouldn’t be sure if the variation would be of the equipment.
    I haven't found more issues.

Thanks Bob for your hard work with the 1.7 rom. I will try it as soon as I can. Unless the android process can't be solved I believe the 4.1.1 was a good choice for the based rom.

Comment

I suppose the problem can be my device, because when I try to install the driver I get this error (portuguese, but error code 10).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error_Windows_8_Driver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	429985

Did Somebody get this error too?

Marcos Nascimento

Comment

Wich USB Port do you guys use ?

The big normal one or the micro (DC) one ?

I cant get it to work.

Comment

I'm trying with the Micro USB (DC), because the Normal Size USB Windows do not recognize.

Marcos Nascimento

Comment

Believe or not, but worked using my Galaxy S3 USB Cable instead the USB Cable of the kit.

I think the cable of the kit is just to give power.

Thanks a lot Bob,

Marcos Nascimento

Comment

Originally posted by mpnascimento View Post
              Believe or not, but worked using my Galaxy S3 USB Cable instead the USB Cable of the kit.

I think the cable of the kit is just to give power.

Thanks a lot Bob,

Marcos Nascimento
              Thanks for the Info with the cable.

I just tried with my Phone Calbe (Motorola Razr) and it worked....phew. I thought that im going to lose every hair on my head

So far everything seems to work. I will do more testing later.

Antutu is 7.500 with 720p (prior to the mod it was 7.300).
              with 1080p the score drops to 6000.

Thanks finless for making this mod.

You are awesome

Comment

Tested it to and working great.

Thank you sooooo much finless.

I have to test Bluetooth but WiFi and everything else works fine. Using the 1080p Kernel and Boot is to slow for my taste. Antutu ist 5900 (which is still high compared to Allwinner Sticks with their 2.800) but it looks and feels kinda slow so im sticking with 720p (7.300 Antutu).

Besides the device gets very warm with 1080p (just like finless said) even while browsing...so i guess while gaming it would get too hot.

Just two questions:

1. This 1080p thing...so every Rockchip device uses 720p but then stretches/upscales it to 1080p if you chose 1080p Output ? Correct ? Does Allwinner do the same ? Since its a weaker Chip i think they do the same.

2. So it looks that the Antutu Score is about 7XXX. How come the Measy U2C reaches ~9XXX (I read it on XDA too). So far the CPU/GPU Speed should be the same with both devices (No Frils shows 1600x2 and I can overclock/underclock like finless said). So why is the Measy faster ?

Comment

Originally posted by soliveira View Post
                  As promised, I have tested the Mk812 4.2.1 version. In fact is the S21D minipc firmware, another name for this minipc, I suppose. Everything is working normally. The Antutu benchmarks marks are similar to the B13 stock firmware version 4.1.1. This S21D version is rooted already with some Asian video streaming players and apex installed.
                  So the Antutu stays around 7.300 - 7.500 ?

I wonder why the Measy reaches ~9.000 and i was hoping that its some Kernel stuff that gets fixed with the MK812 Firmware.

What are your scores my friend ?

Oh and is it really 4.2.1 ? that would be neat too.

PS.:
                  One more thing. I think they made a new Version of the MK812 without the AV-Out (Which works fine with my B13 Finless 1.7 by the way)...so maybe they dropped AV-Out in the Firmware/Kernel too ? Could you test that and where can you download the Firmware for MK812 ?

Comment

The best Antutu score I have had with 1.7 Finless ROM was around 7950 after reboot. But the scores are normally between 7100 to 7200.
                    I ask myself the same question about the score of the measy U2C. In my case it seems that the SD card read and write scores are not very good.

At this moment I have this for a 7501 score:

RAM: 1222
                    CPU integer: 1349
                    CPU Float: 1167
                    2D graphics: 988
                    3D graphics: 1959
                    Database IO: 555
                    SD card Write: 57
                    SD card read: 204

Here is the link for the 4.2.1 stock rooted firmware from the S21D:

Everything was working with this version, unless I have forgot to see something, inclusive the Av-Out.

Cheers

PS. It was quite hard, to me too, to install the drivers, I can't even say what I have made different to make it work, since I have tried so many times. But I have never changed the cable, for me the cable works just fine.

Comment

I want FW audio dts pass-through.

Comment

Originally posted by soliveira View Post
                        The best Antutu score I have had with 1.7 Finless ROM was around 7950 after reboot. But the scores are normally between 7100 to 7200.
                        I ask myself the same question about the score of the measy U2C. In my case it seems that the SD card read and write scores are not very good.

At this moment I have this for a 7501 score:

RAM: 1222
                        CPU integer: 1349
                        CPU Float: 1167
                        2D graphics: 988
                        3D graphics: 1959
                        SD card Write: 57

Here is the link for the 4.2.1 stock rooted firmware from the S21D:

Everything was working with this version, unless I have forgot to see something, inclusive the Av-Out.

Cheers

PS. It was quite hard, to me too, to install the drivers, I can't even say what I have made different to make it work, since I have tried so many times. But I have never changed the cable, for me the cable works just fine.
                        Hm...interessting.

I've tested the Antutu on my RK3066 Tablet and it gives me:

10286 Points

RAM: 1607
                        CPU integer: 1758
                        CPU Float: 1312
                        2D graphics: 695
                        3D graphics: 4080
                        SD card Write: 74
                        SD card read: 205

So I think its not the SD Card Speed that is the problem...its the 3D Graphics who are only half of what i get on the tablet.

Tablet has 1.6Ghz Rk3066 too with the same amount of RAM.

Could it be that the GPU Speed is half of the one in the Tablet or something like that ?!? Maybe because of the heat...the first measy was slow too (6000) then they updated it and now its around 9200

Hm....very strange.

Comment

You guys need to consider screen resolution when your comparing Antutu marks. What tablet? It is unfair to compare say a 8" tablet of 800x600 res with a HDMI 32bit TV screen of 1280x720.
                          Also Tablet screen hardware is not HDMI output! There is a difference.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            You guys need to consider screen resolution when your comparing Antutu marks. What tablet? It is unfair to compare say a 8" tablet of 800x600 res with a HDMI 32bit TV screen of 1280x720.
                            Also Tablet screen hardware is not HDMI output! There is a difference.

Bob
                            Yeah your right Bob, but the Measy reaches at leat 9000 with your ROM based on the latest Firmware.

I will flash the Measy U2C Finless 1.7 to the B13 again to test what Antutu Score does (Yeah, I got no Wifi and Bluetooth there but at least im going to know if its due to the Software or the Hardware).

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                              I will flash the Measy U2C Finless 1.7 to the B13 again to test what Antutu Score does (Yeah, I got no Wifi and Bluetooth there but at least im going to know if its due to the Software or the Hardware).
                              I got the same idea so i flashed the Measy U2C Finless 1.7....it and what can i say:

Antutu Total Score: 9299

RAM: 1584
                              CPU Integer: 1908
                              CPU float: 1610
                              2D graphics: 1380
                              3D graphics: 1972
                              Database IO: 560
                              SD card write: 81

So it is something in the firmware. Its not the 3D part or the SD card. Its 2D graphics and CPU Float/Integer. The Measy U2C Firware runs just fine on the B13 (No overheating ect.).

Is it possible to just use the Wifi/Bluetooth part of the B13/MK812 and the rest from the Measy U2C ? Could you do that Bob ? Is the Wifi (Bluetooth) Driver just a file like wireless.ko ?

That would be awesome....9299....whoooooo
                              Last edited by kimdecentb13; 04-11-2013, 21:34.

Comment

OK you guys lost me with all this. What do you need?

My 1.7 ROM on what?

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X