Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engel MX3

Hello all,

I hope you don't mind me trying to post a sales pitch on this thread. I think you will find that it is quite relevant to the discussion.

We are selling the same hardware as what is being discussed in this thread. Here is the product: Engel MX3, on sale for $49.95. On the other hand, here is our competitor's listing, for $69.99. Quite a difference in price, wouldn't you say? Oh, and we are located in the United States; they are in Hong Kong.

I've tested Bob's firmware discussed in this thread, and it works fine (both 720p and 1080p firmwares that he made available). I've tested:

• Adobe Flash in the default browser
    • Wi-Fi
    • Video Camera
    • Built in microphone
    • sample playback with Netflix app from Google Play; Finless 1080p looks a bit better in this app.

In any case, here is the interesting news: We are selling brand new Engel MX3 with Bob's Finless 1.7 firmware pre-installed at no extra cost.

Again, you can find this product at: www.engel.com/mx3. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

This was a LOW cheap trick

Comment

Originally posted by micoyoshic View Post
        Olá,Hello SOLIVEIRA,this rom that you posted is for the B13 dongle with external antenna? I have one B13 dongle but the Av-out does not work. Did you had also this problem? Do you think if I flash it with this rom I solve my problem? Obrigado Thank you
        AV cables can vary. Please see the pin-out of the AV cable used on the MX3 or B13 here: https://www.engel.com/av-cable-for-mx3/

Comment

BRICKED B13 - HOW Force this model to activate the MASK ROM MODE

Thank you for your reply,
          First I thought that it was an AV-out problem, but its a bigger problem.

Mine B13 dongle actually came to me already BRICKED, nothing works. I can't get any image or sound from the HDMI-out neither from the AV-OUT, I tried the Reset Button to flash the device connecting it to the PC, but the PC never even recognizes the device (Windows never says it that it found anything) I did everything like I should (I think) I pressed the reset button (keept it pressed and then connected the usb cable to the pc, nothing happens).

The circuit board seems fine, I don't see anything BURNED! But all the dongle ever does is turn ON its BLUE LED.

Does anyone know how can I force the B13 to activate the MASK ROM MODE?

I tried the 8 and 9 pin trick from the "Unbrick or fix NAND on the MK808" tutorial, but no luck.

I also tried the reset button operation, in 3 diferent different USB ports, also in another computer (my laptop), and nothing!

Question 2:
          When I'm doing the Flashing operation (reset button etc), do I need to have the B13 dongle connected to a TV using the HDMI-OUT?

Please help me.
          Thank you

Originally posted by Engel View Post
          AV cables can vary. Please see the pin-out of the AV cable used on the MX3 or B13 here: https://www.engel.com/av-cable-for-mx3/

Comment

Originally posted by micoyoshic View Post

Question 2:
            When I'm doing the Flashing operation (reset button etc), do I need to have the B13 dongle connected to a TV using the HDMI-OUT?

Possible! Some stick require this and some do not. All I can say is try it.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Finless,

sorry to bother you again. Today i got a email from the MK812 makers:

Hello Sir,

Please try with latest V4.2.2 firmware. Download from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sqd2f2l8zgis8th/gchP2NBkzt?v=0swn. And the antutu is 9274.

Kind regards,
              Leon Lan
              So they fixed the Firmware Bug (?) that lead to a score around 7500 and now we can reach 92XX Antut Points.

Could you please make a Finless 1.7 ROM with the new B13/MK812 Firmware ?

Here is another Host (Mediafire) and a smaller File Size due to compression (7zip):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4q...Ext-Antenna.7z

Again, thanks for your work Bob. You are awesome and should get paid for doing this.

Greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by kimdecentb13 View Post
                Hi Finless,

sorry to bother you again. Today i got a email from the MK812 makers:

So they fixed the Firmware Bug (?) that lead to a score around 7500 and now we can reach 92XX Antut Points.

Could you please make a Finless 1.7 ROM with the new B13/MK812 Firmware ?

Here is another Host (Mediafire) and a smaller File Size due to compression (7zip):

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Again, thanks for your work Bob. You are awesome and should get paid for doing this.

Greetings.

Did you test the Firmware ? Is wifi working with B13 too ?

And is it really Firmware 4.2.2 ?

I hope Bob makes a firmware out of this new Firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post

Did you test the Firmware ? Is wifi working with B13 too ?

And is it really Firmware 4.2.2 ?

I hope Bob makes a firmware out of this new Firmware.
                  Yeah, WiFi is working. Overall the device seems to be faster.

It is Jelly 4.2.2 (At least thats what it says it is).

Running great so far but a Finless Rom would be more than awesome

Comment

Yeah, WiFi is working. Overall the device seems to be faster.

It is Jelly 4.2.2 (At least thats what it says it is).

Running great so far but a Finless Rom would be more than awesome
                    flashing ok, but don't work. don't start

Comment

When I get some time I will work on this new ROM guys....

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy View Post
                        flashing ok, but don't work. don't start
                        Do you have a B13 or a MK812 ? How did you flash and what happens after the start ?

Mine working fine ?!?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        When I get some time I will work on this new ROM guys....

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Comment

Thanks Bob!

I am just confirming that the Beta 1.7 finless rom for B13 works. 1080p is great, 1080p video playing looks good.

the only problem is that I see /proc/cpuinfo showing only 1 CPU. this is the case with the stock rom installed on my unit too ( a mk812 bought from miniandroidpc.com) shouldn't we see 2 cpu's if it claims to be a dual-core?
                          when I download something in the background, the speed with UI interactions is considerably slower

ted

Comment

Do you have a B13 or a MK812 ? How did you flash and what happens after the start ?
                            B13
                            Flashing with RKBatchTool.exe .
                            After flashing, nothing happens. No image. Usually after flashing the screen shows a green robot. But with this firmware the screen is blank.
                            RKBatchTool uploads the firmware without error

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy View Post
                              B13
                              Flashing with RKBatchTool.exe .
                              After flashing, nothing happens. No image. Usually after flashing the screen shows a green robot. But with this firmware the screen is blank.
                              RKBatchTool uploads the firmware without error
                              How is your B13 connected ? This new Firmware disables AVout so if you use that you get a black screen.

Hope they fix that (Or Bob: Is that you could fix with your Firmware....i guess not) cause I use one of my B13 on a old TV too.

Comment

How is your B13 connected ?
                                HDMI
                                Firmware from Bob works fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X