No announcement yet.

MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, First, thanks for the custom rom ! I have several question about the utilisation and other customizations !

I'm planing on making a digital frame with an old laptop screen and a mk808b for my parents and i would like to use daydream, problem is, how do the sleep mode which start it works ? I can not declare a timeout on the "display" setting of the rom, what can i do ?

Something else, my screen will be 1600*900, how can i change the 1080 or the 720p version ?
    And how can i rotate the screen to use it as portrait ?

And finaly, it's for my parents and the splash screen iiiiiss kinda weird for them, i saw on another topic that you were willing to do different boot.img if we give you a picture, is it still ok ?

Comment

thank you Bob for great firmware,i successfully flashed my rk808b original with finless 2.1(720pkernel) rom but my web camera(LOGITECH 960 C615) not working any solution how i fix that?
      thanks

Comment

Source

Your work uses GPL Code, please provide the sources! I want to build my own kernel, thats why.

Comment

This is a tweaked stock rom, it is not built from source, finless does not have a proper source code either.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by avraam1985 View Post
            thank you Bob for great firmware,i successfully flashed my rk808b original with finless 2.1(720pkernel) rom but my web camera(LOGITECH 960 C615) not working any solution how i fix that?
            thanks
            get the proper linux source driver from logitech and go there to post your request:

maybe if it's possible to get driver source..... Leolas could compile this for you, he's awsome

Comment

@malfrat thanks for reply,with stock firmware this camera working fine,i don't know where is a problem

Comment

netflix now working in this rom?

Comment

Cant find device in flashtool

Hi. Installed drivers but it doesn´t show in flashtool. When trying to intall drivers again it says that most resent drivers are already installed. I have to use reset button method to flash because the device will ot start and I have not changed any settings in USB. Thanks for help.

Comment

Hello Finless, installed the ROM. Looks all right. But I need to know if this supports HW decoding in XBMC?

Comment

download link

hello
                      impossible to download the zip at this address
                      http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/mk808b_finless_21.zip.
                      Here is the message
                      "
                      Not Found

The requested URL /finless/mk808b_finless_21.zip was not found on this server."
                      Thank you

Comment

external wifi antena

Hello
                        Why this solution ->

dont work on finless 2.1 rom ?

after change rkwifi.ko file, wifi dont start at all.

Comment

I am also facing same problem..

Originally posted by Purjo View Post
                          Hi. Installed drivers but it doesn´t show in flashtool. When trying to intall drivers again it says that most resent drivers are already installed. I have to use reset button method to flash because the device will ot start and I have not changed any settings in USB. Thanks for help.
                          I am also facing same problem..
                          I have also installed window 7 drivers. In PC manager its detecting as portable device. But when i open the FLash android Rockchip application it says .. "NO Rock chip usb device found" ..

2) Even i tried to hard reset but every time it reboot into stock recovery.

3) i have installed apk and rebooted into bootloader. Blank screen is coming with solid blue light but same problem.

I have gone through youtube videos and Bob readme file during installation.
                          everybody enable USB Mass Storage but in android 4.2.2 such option is not there.

I am also getting frustrated because of "NO Rock chip usb device found" ..

Bob Please help me...

Comment

google search mk808b_finless_21.zip

Originally posted by cvangrieken View Post
                            hello
                            impossible to download the zip at this address
                            http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/mk808b_finless_21.zip.
                            Here is the message
                            "
                            Not Found

The requested URL /finless/mk808b_finless_21.zip was not found on this server."
                            Thank you
                            google search "mk808b_finless_21.zip" you will some source to download

Comment

cifs.ko for FINLESS 2.1

Hello together,

can anybody here just tell me where or how can I get a working CIFS.ko for this excelent ROM?
                              What I want to do is to mount my NAS-shares using the app "CIFS-Manager".
                              It says that cifs.ko is not found and the module is also not loaded.

Thanks.
                              Larry

Comment

original mk808b

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                OK folks, as many may know Rikomagic released an official JellyBean 4.2.2 ROM for the MK808 and MK808B.
                                You can read about it here and also get the stock ROM from links posted in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ory-from-China

Thus you know me.... I decided to make a Finless ROM 2.1 version using it. The stock ROM is pretty nice this time unlike the BETA 4.2.2 they released a while ago. Lots of more supported devices, etc.

Anyway, this time I did the MK808B first. I will do the MK808 Non-B next so stay tuned for that.

This is ONLY for the Original MK808B. It is not for the MK808B clones like the Sunvel.

Features and release notes for my 2.1 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2

2) Debloated of a huge amount of crap apps!
                                Oh and the stock ROM was wasting a ton of NAND space!
                                They had defined system.img to be DOUBLE that of normal ROMs.
                                This was to handle the huge system.img that they filled with a ton of bloat!
                                I reduced the parameter file from 200000 for system back to 100000 after debloat.
                                Realize that with these reduced parameter files, the original system.img wont fit.
                                So to go back to stock ROM you will need to erase NAND and use the original parameter files.
                                I have provided the original parameter file in the ROM kit named parameter_original.

3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                                Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
                                Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

5) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
                                For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

6) I unlocked hidden settings:
                                -> Accessibility

7) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
                                Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
                                I took this from another 4.2.2 ROM. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
                                If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
                                LauncherNEW.apk
                                AllApp.apk
                                RKSettings.apk
                                RKBasicsettings.apk
                                Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

8) All Google APPs updated except Google Search

9) Busybox that I like best Wraitdu 1.19.4

10) 1gb and up to 4gb parameter files available for more APP space. 1GB is the default for the flash tool.
                                See below for instruction to use other parameter files to change you APP space

11) I edited framework to turn off the default "Bubbles" live wallpaper.
                                I hate live wallpapers on first boot. It slows the boot down and over all initial performance.
                                I have set the usual green leaf standard wallpaper.
                                I also removed the FAKE files they added to framework in they attempt they made to try a keep people from modding this ROM!
                                I can't believe they are trying to go to this level and protect the ROM and keep people from editing it easily!
                                That's fixed! Enjoy an OPEN ROM again.

12) Changed build.prop so USB connection to PC is a Mass Storage device and not a MTP device.
                                This ROM has no settings to change that at all (I will fix that later). I prefer a Mass Storage device myself.
                                You can easily change it back in build.prop. I commented out the MTP line.

13) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                                I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                                Your device will now NOT show up as a MK808 device to Google Play! Understand this please.
                                I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                                If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                                Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                                Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                                Reboot!

14) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
                                In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
                                You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
                                Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
                                ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

15) Petrus reboot APP is added

16) 1080P patched kernel baby! I patched the stock kernel to 1080P.
                                There are 2 kernels and 2 boots in the ROM kit. By default kernel720 and boot720 are selected in the flash tool. If you want to use a 1080 kernel then read the instructions below.

Other notes:
                                CIFS.ko, Xpad.ko, md4.ko, etc is already in the stock kernel! China dev's are learning

Expect some rooted APPs to not play right due to the new multi-user permissions of 4.2.2

In this ROM Automatic "set date and time from network" is not turned on.
                                I could fix that but ran out of time for now.
                                I highly suggest you turn this on first!
                                If you do not the default date is 1970 on every boot!
                                Google Play does not like this so turn it on before you sign into Google.

AS ALWAYS! See the README in the ROM download for full details and instructions!

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> MK808B JB 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 2.1 ROM (275 megs)

Enjoy,
                                Bob
                                Trying to find the original mk808b. I order a couple off Amazon but now the are shipping out clone. I was wondering who makes the original and where can I buy one. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X