X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix working in this rom?

Comment

Hello,

I recently flashed my MK808b with Finless 2.1 rom, and Im using XBMC as main player. so far everything is working fine except :

any video in 720p(or higher) is still choppy and voice is off by 2-3 seconds.
      Ive tried different video sources... network video using UPNP, video-plugins ( ice-f .. etc) . but i cant seem to get 720p or higher working.

is there anything im missing? or tweak any settings etc?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mackey2001 View Post
        Hello,

I recently flashed my MK808b with Finless 2.1 rom, and Im using XBMC as main player. so far everything is working fine except :

any video in 720p(or higher) is still choppy and voice is off by 2-3 seconds.
        Ive tried different video sources... network video using UPNP, video-plugins ( ice-f .. etc) . but i cant seem to get 720p or higher working.

is there anything im missing? or tweak any settings etc?

Thanks
        Try Beyond XBMC 3.3
        this is the best build I've ever used. Everything plays perfectly even 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
          Try Beyond XBMC 3.3
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...BMC-(Beta-3-3)
          Thanks Mowgli,

Sure,ill try Beyond XBMC tonight. will report back the progress.

Thanks again

Comment

I just installed this rom today on my mk808b version but I don't see sleep mode under settings. There is something called daydream but no sleep mode and no option to set it to sleep after a specific time.

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
              Try Beyond XBMC 3.3
              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...BMC-(Beta-3-3)

Just wanted to report back... I installed Beyong XBMC 3.3 on my MK808b with finless 2.1 .

The 720p and 1080p files works like a charm. Thanks Mowgli for your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by mackey2001 View Post
                Just wanted to report back... I installed Beyong XBMC 3.3 on my MK808b with finless 2.1 .

The 720p and 1080p files works like a charm. Thanks Mowgli for your suggestion.
                You're welcome!
                The real people who deserve appreciation are the developers, who work hard to help end users like we are.

Comment

Is the site to download the file down? It just seem to try loading forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by renansantos View Post
                    Netflix working in this rom?
                    Nope. Came here to ask for solution only to find out netflix is a no go in this ROM ... bummer

Comment

Is it possible to add/remove apps before flashing the rom?

Comment

Yes, by unpacking the system.img. The rk3xx Firmware Tools can do that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

MB808b clone

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          OK folks, as many may know Rikomagic released an official JellyBean 4.2.2 ROM for the MK808 and MK808B.
                          You can read about it here and also get the stock ROM from links posted in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ory-from-China

Thus you know me.... I decided to make a Finless ROM 2.1 version using it. The stock ROM is pretty nice this time unlike the BETA 4.2.2 they released a while ago. Lots of more supported devices, etc.

Anyway, this time I did the MK808B first. I will do the MK808 Non-B next so stay tuned for that.

This is ONLY for the Original MK808B. It is not for the MK808B clones like the Sunvel.

Features and release notes for my 2.1 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2

2) Debloated of a huge amount of crap apps!
                          Oh and the stock ROM was wasting a ton of NAND space!
                          They had defined system.img to be DOUBLE that of normal ROMs.
                          This was to handle the huge system.img that they filled with a ton of bloat!
                          I reduced the parameter file from 200000 for system back to 100000 after debloat.
                          Realize that with these reduced parameter files, the original system.img wont fit.
                          So to go back to stock ROM you will need to erase NAND and use the original parameter files.
                          I have provided the original parameter file in the ROM kit named parameter_original.

3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                          Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
                          Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

5) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
                          For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

6) I unlocked hidden settings:
                          -> Accessibility

7) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
                          Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
                          I took this from another 4.2.2 ROM. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
                          If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
                          LauncherNEW.apk
                          AllApp.apk
                          RKSettings.apk
                          RKBasicsettings.apk
                          Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

8) All Google APPs updated except Google Search

9) Busybox that I like best Wraitdu 1.19.4

10) 1gb and up to 4gb parameter files available for more APP space. 1GB is the default for the flash tool.
                          See below for instruction to use other parameter files to change you APP space

11) I edited framework to turn off the default "Bubbles" live wallpaper.
                          I hate live wallpapers on first boot. It slows the boot down and over all initial performance.
                          I have set the usual green leaf standard wallpaper.
                          I also removed the FAKE files they added to framework in they attempt they made to try a keep people from modding this ROM!
                          I can't believe they are trying to go to this level and protect the ROM and keep people from editing it easily!
                          That's fixed! Enjoy an OPEN ROM again.

12) Changed build.prop so USB connection to PC is a Mass Storage device and not a MTP device.
                          This ROM has no settings to change that at all (I will fix that later). I prefer a Mass Storage device myself.
                          You can easily change it back in build.prop. I commented out the MTP line.

13) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                          I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                          Your device will now NOT show up as a MK808 device to Google Play! Understand this please.
                          I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                          If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                          Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                          Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                          Reboot!

14) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
                          In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
                          You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
                          Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
                          ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

15) Petrus reboot APP is added

16) 1080P patched kernel baby! I patched the stock kernel to 1080P.
                          There are 2 kernels and 2 boots in the ROM kit. By default kernel720 and boot720 are selected in the flash tool. If you want to use a 1080 kernel then read the instructions below.

Other notes:
                          CIFS.ko, Xpad.ko, md4.ko, etc is already in the stock kernel! China dev's are learning

Expect some rooted APPs to not play right due to the new multi-user permissions of 4.2.2

In this ROM Automatic "set date and time from network" is not turned on.
                          I could fix that but ran out of time for now.
                          I highly suggest you turn this on first!
                          If you do not the default date is 1970 on every boot!
                          Google Play does not like this so turn it on before you sign into Google.

AS ALWAYS! See the README in the ROM download for full details and instructions!

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> MK808B JB 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 2.1 ROM (275 megs)

Enjoy,
                          Bob
                          Hello, I'm a noob... I have a clone with chipset MediaTek MT6622N and MediaTek MT5931SA, with a Toshiba Memory, photo are the same of any older post:
                          http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.p...0&d=1393787992

May I ask someone any adaption of this ROM for me?
                          The official firmware is:

I'd like to try the Finless magic :-D

PS. I can't either install CWM cause it's not compatible...

Comment

Originally posted by lucagiampaolo View Post
                            Hello, I'm a noob... I have a clone with chipset MediaTek MT6622N and MediaTek MT5931SA, with a Toshiba Memory, photo are the same of any older post:
                            http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.p...0&d=1393787992

May I ask someone any adaption of this ROM for me?
                            The official firmware is:

I'd like to try the Finless magic :-D

PS. I can't either install CWM cause it's not compatible...
                            me too.. I have Heat sink etc with same chips. I want to try non standard OS.

Comment

Video lag

Hi everyone

I just can't figure out why finless 2.1 won't work for me... I bought the MK808B just for playing videos BUT in literally every player i've tried video is lagging, stuttering and sound is delayed. The rest works like a charm, ROM is fast, responsive. Wi-fi, browser, launcher, everything else works like butter. Just the damn video is lagging. Yes i have tried reinstaling ROM, players, everything possible but no luck. Stick is original, not clone, tested.

Please help, any suggestions are very much welcome!

Thanks in advance

Comment

Is Tun.ko in Finless 2.1? OpenVPN having error.

Hi, I searched for "TUN.KO" and unbelievably came up with "Sorry, no results" which I know is not true. So, let it be known, I tried before posting. Item 16 in version 1.7 is "16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel)." I made an assumption it would be included in successive builds. Can anyone tell me if it is in 2.1 and I need to do something to make it work or do I need to flash 1.7 as the only way to get it? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X