MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gcganguly View Post
    As I requested earlier if any body can tell if this 2.1 rom will support USB dongle internet since for Finless 1.7 ROM I am not able to connect USB dongle internet.

Thanks in advance
    yes it will support
    you have to active Ethernet in settings

Comment

scrambled

This rom still have a problem whit netflix, scrambled picture..

Comment

Any chance to have this ROM flashable via CWM recovery?
        I have RK3xxx_firmware_tools, extracted it, but don't have any idea on how to convert the extracted files into a CWM recovery flashable zip; any hint? Is there any "kitchen" available for MK808B ?
        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by piergi65 View Post
          Any chance to have this ROM flashable via CWM recovery?
          I have RK3xxx_firmware_tools, extracted it, but don't have any idea on how to convert the extracted files into a CWM recovery flashable zip; any hint? Is there any "kitchen" available for MK808B ?
          Thank you
          Why not flash one of the roms that are already in CWM format like
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ALKMAN_Nov2013 unless you want Android 4.2.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            Why not flash one of the roms that are already in CWM format like
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ALKMAN_Nov2013 unless you want Android 4.2.
            currently I'm on digitop's Nov2013, I just want to start fiddling with customizing ROMs and I need to start from a 4.2 based one; unfortunately AFAIK there are no sources available to try a recompile (I'll be happy if I'm wrong); I've experience with ROM recompile from sources, used so much with my old tablet (Toshiba Folio 100) mainly with CyanogenMod tool chain (also with AOSP, sometime but with strange results). I'm completely new to this devices so don't know how to move on development side.
            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by piergi65 View Post
              currently I'm on digitop's Nov2013, I just want to start fiddling with customizing ROMs and I need to start from a 4.2 based one; unfortunately AFAIK there are no sources available to try a recompile (I'll be happy if I'm wrong); I've experience with ROM recompile from sources, used so much with my old tablet (Toshiba Folio 100) mainly with CyanogenMod tool chain (also with AOSP, sometime but with strange results). I'm completely new to this devices so don't know how to move on development side.
              Thank you
              Here is source code of RK3066 Box devices

Latest kernel sources, 3.0.72(wifi not working on MK808B?)
              Generic Rockchip GPL Linux Kernel. Contribute to omegamoon/Rockchip-GPL-Kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

Or try to modify this Android 4.2 firmware which is compatible with MK808/B

Comment

Originally posted by ma3743 View Post
                yes it will support
                you have to active Ethernet in settings
                Thank you. I tried to activate Ethernet but it is getting off again and again. It is not getting on. Even Modem power on/ off is also not working. This I am talking about the box flashed with 1.7 ROM. Whether ROM 2.1 will solve the issue. Kindly guide.

Thanks again.

Comment

Generic Rockchip GPL Linux Kernel. Contribute to omegamoon/Rockchip-GPL-Kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

http://minixforums.com/threads/neo-x...november.2950/
                  Thank you very much! Time to study a lot

Comment

http://minixforums.com/threads/neo-x...november.2950/
                    Not
                    compatible with MK808/B keeps rebooting.....

Comment

Originally posted by theodor View Post
                      Not
                      compatible with MK808/B keeps rebooting.....
                      Lewy20041 used to modify the MiniX firmwares to work on MK808/B.
                      If only we knew what he did? Change kernel or also boot.img?

Comment

Feedback using Rikomagic USA IIIS RK3066 + AP6210

Thank you, Finless Bob for your hard work in bringing out the various ROMs for everyone.

This is my first Android on a stick, but I have had experience flashing other devices (phones and tablets) I figured it would be easy. It wasn't so easy due to the issues I had with with WiFi, but once I extracted the kernel.img from the original ROM, was able to experience this Finless ROM. I used this with 3 different wireless remotes, and the RKM Remote software.

I have been using the device in 720p mode. I like this ROM, because of the following:
                        • Fast to boot.
                        • Fast to load apps.
                        • Nice alternative with large menu launcher.
                        • Runs XBMC 12.2 with decent performance on SD video playback.
                        • Remote response is good using Logitech K400 and Gyration Multifunction remote.

Problems encountered:
                        • Using the Rikomagic software remote causes the device to reboot upon connecting, this didn't happen with the factory Riko USA IIIS ROM.
                        • Mele FX10 Remote works, but not very well, as button clicks not recognized frequently and would have to power down the device, happens with both factory and this ROM, but more so with this ROM and the Riko USA IIIS kernel.
                        • XBMC HD video still have slight stutter and occasional voice sync issues (likely due to the non-hardware video decoding).
                        • Some settings were not accessible via the alternative launcher.

Overall this is a very nice ROM, and highly recommended for the RK3066 chips.

Comment

XBMC issues are due to it still being in the oven and not fully baked yet.

Judging from the progress in the latest gotham build a fully working xbmc for android is not to far off.
                          Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by hi-phile View Post
                            • XBMC HD video still have slight stutter and occasional voice sync issues (likely due to the non-hardware video decoding).
                            Use the Ouya version of XBMC, it has working hardware decoding and works really well.
                            You can get it here: XBMC on Ouya 12.3.2

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                              Use the Ouya version of XBMC, it has working hardware decoding and works really well.
                              You can get it here: XBMC on Ouya 12.3.2
                              Have to check that out thanks for the heads up
                              Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

wifi display

ok guys I tried the wifi display with my Verizon galaxy s4 running android 4.3 and it said phone is connected but its not showing my phone on my tv

Is there something I have to do after its connected to start mirroring ?

Comment

Working...
                                X