MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpp View Post
    Sure. When I get home tonight will be glad to do it.

I just figured out though that I can flash the new ROM through CWM from one of Leolas's posts. I might just give that method a go to avoid this Windows message problem.

Thanks for your help.

No problem. Whichever method is easier for you. I like how we can flash through CWM as well.

Comment

Originally posted by detdett View Post
      No problem. Whichever method is easier for you. I like how we can flash through CWM as well.
      Yeah. I backup up the original ROM with CWM and found it quite easy.

This windows prompt has me stumped. I think the path of least resistance might be the best in this case.

Comment

Yeah. I backup up the original ROM with CWM and found it quite easy.

This windows prompt has me stumped. I think the path of least resistance might be the best in this case.

Hmm ... CWM will not work with the Finless 2.1 ROM for the first flash.

"The new 4.2 Roms have different partitions size, and the new kernels are so big to fit in the old 4.1 system partition, so we cant flash the new 2.1 roms using cwm."

Comment

Hmm ... CWM will not work with the Finless 2.1 ROM for the first flash.

"The new 4.2 Roms have different partitions size, and the new kernels are so big to fit in the old 4.1 system partition, so we cant flash the new 2.1 roms using cwm."

yeah i read that. Thats why I was curious about how you would be able to flash it through CWM

Comment

Originally posted by detdett View Post
            yeah i read that. Thats why I was curious about how you would be able to flash it through CWM
            I've been thinking about it from when I posted it. They said that the 4.2.2 are so large that they cannot flash the 2.1 ROMs using CWM. They did not mention that 1.7 ROMs were not flashable. I figure I was going to give 1.7 flash first and then with the changed NAND configuration that is done with the Finless flash go ahead and flash it with 2.1 ROM.

This is all theory however. I do not know at all if it would work.

BTW

I was trying to get you a screen shot of the Windows message but now I am at the stage that I cannot get onto either one of my 2 Windows 7 PC's using the paperclip method. Windows gives me 3 quick beeps as if saying "no no no". At this point I can go no further.

Comment

ok, after tinkering around with my 808b today and doing some research, I wonder if Bob is going to update this rom soon?

Reason I ask is that I have seen and installed this http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UcQzf_nJjcU so Netflix is working but unfortunately it doesnt have any of the nice fixes included ...

I beg you Bob, so I can tick this box off and go back repairing my Trex

Comment

Originally posted by r4nd0m View Post
                ok, after tinkering around with my 808b today and doing some research, I wonder if Bob is going to update this rom soon?
                I beg you Bob...
                +100500

Comment

Attached to PC, ROM Flash Tool not giving right Message

I have finally been able to load Windows 7 drivers on MK808B original. I am now having trouble having Finless ROM Flash Tool rebooting into flash mode. The message is "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB". The message is supposed to be "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage USB". I am not getting this.

I understand that:
                  a) USB storage is turned ON
                  b) Under developer options, USB debugging is turned off

a) is not happening as every time I set it then reboot, the setting goes back off again. I don't know why it is doing this.

When I try to reboot to flash mode the message says "Device can not do Flash Mode, because it is not msc device."

Trying with the Rock Chip Batch tool ... 1 box is not pink ... it is green.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

XBMC 1080p movie help

Hello I'm new to this forum really don't understand much please help

I have mk808B 4.2.2 with 2.1 rom

everything work fine 1080p on youtube work great

but idk why 1080p on XBMC rake, stuck, freezing
                    my setup is stream movie from airport extreme with 2tb HDD 1080p 5.1 .mp4 movie size 2gb
                    even 720p 2.0.mp4 is rake my internet speed is 5mb up, 50mb down

is it because stream big file? if so, if I get the usb ethernet will it help?

and can someone help me get the my usb Hdd to work on my mk8o8b? I plug in my 2 tb HDD to my mk808B then go to explorer try click on USB nothing happen.

please help

Comment

Originally posted by kit View Post
                      Hello I'm new to this forum really don't understand much please help

I have mk808B 4.2.2 with 2.1 rom

everything work fine 1080p on youtube work great

but idk why 1080p on XBMC rake, stuck, freezing....
                      Hello.
                      I do have the same problem, I'm doing streaming from my NAS Drive and I can tell you that a USB-Ethernet does help but it is not the solution for the problem. Some HD Movies can be streamed on XBMC and other not.
                      What I' using for those Movies that XBMC can't reproduce properly is "MX Player" which after a couple of flicks it gets the job done.
                      There is a ticket open in XBMC (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14487) we can help adding our comments here.
                      Hope it helps.

Comment

1080p stutters in YouTube...

Hello,

I have the 2.1 1080p support kernel...
                        YouTube app plays HD content fine in window mode but not in full screen mode..

I don't have a tv but a 27" LCD monitor. I tried all 1080 720 modes in display settings but same result

Other than this.. awesome Rom.. great work...Thanks.

Comment

720p 1080p how to

Hey!!!!!!!!!!! I found a way to play 1080p 5.1 2GB up file stream from network without rake, stuck, freezing!!!!!!!!!

1. download MX player ....
                          2. opend MX player then go into settings (up right )
                          3. go into Decoder
                          4. make sure
                          USE H/W+ decoder (check)
                          H/W+ decoder (local) (check)
                          H/W+ decoder (network) (check)

5. install XBMC hardware accelerated

xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel..>
                          6. go into XBMC then SYSTEM
                          7. Video tap
                          8. playback tap
                          9. make sure (allow hardware acceleration (libstagefight) ) is on (check )

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now 720p 1080p work perfect .... also 4K.... just kidding =P

please share this to people who have this problem
                          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by r4nd0m View Post

Reason I ask is that I have seen and installed this http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UcQzf_nJjcU so Netflix is working but unfortunately it doesnt have any of the nice fixes included ...

I beg you Bob, so I can tick this box off and go back repairing my Trex
                            Yes, everyone is hoping in an update for MK808 and MK808-B. Bob we are waiting for you

Comment

solution for HD stutter

Originally posted by libre.spirit View Post
                              Hello,

I have the 2.1 1080p support kernel...
                              YouTube app plays HD content fine in window mode but not in full screen mode..

I don't have a tv but a 27" LCD monitor. I tried all 1080 720 modes in display settings but same result

Other than this.. awesome Rom.. great work...Thanks.

Found the solution -> Check 'Disable H/W Overlay' in Developer Settings !

Comment

I have the MK 808B 4.2 Jelly Bean and so from Geekbuying but having problems with Youtube videos full screen and all of the bloatware that came with it. Will using this ROM help fix my problems and will it still be able to play Netflix videos fine. With the stock ROM Netflix plays great.MK808B(MK808 Upgrades) Dual Core Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Comment

Working...
                                X