No announcement yet.

Lollipop - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R68 with Gigabit LAN, WIFI AP6335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so I have TWRP installed now, still having problems putting your recovery on though, not easy to find the TWRP folder, or can I simply put it on my external USB stick, and the serial number is from the sticker underneath the i68?

Comment

Ok, crisis averted, have it installed, must say, damn good work you have done there, looks great, will test the passthrough now, wifi works.

Comment

Still audio issues persist, HDMI passthrough and SPDIF optical passthrough are dreadful on this box, total waste of money. DTS and AC3 cut out every three seconds or so over HDMI. That last DTS and AC3 thing is also a problem on my Amlogic S905 and is apparently going to be fixed in an upcoming firmware, can we expect a similar thing happening with Rockchip?
        Last edited by paulyglocke; 03-07-2016, 00:53.

Comment

yea all the 64bit boxes both rockchip and amlogic have issues ... i personally think this box is really fast towards the amlogic tho .... all this box needs is time to become great ... awaiting rockchip fixes and wasser great rom making skills ....

Comment

I read somewhere that you can use the Tronsmart rom from the Orion R68_Gigabit, would this likely fix any of the issues, apparently I have read that Beelink have dropped support for this box, but the insides are the same as the Tronsmart box, so that may be our best hope for OTA updates and Kodi compatibility.

Some guys have also used the Wasser firmware and added files from the Zidoo i68 box:

Aaron407 Wrote: I've been fighting with this on my Beelink i68G with Rockchip 3368 for quite some time now. I finally managed to get it to work, but it isn't an overly straightforward solution.

In general, I needed to do four major steps:

1) Flash the Wasser 3.1.3 firmware
            2) Extract the Kodi 16 beta 4 build and librkffplayer.so from the Zidoo X6 1.0.30 firmware (I downloaded the full image and extracted the .so and apk files)
            3) Use root explorer to set RW for the system library folder and replace the original librkffplayer.so in the Wasser rom with the Zidoo one and set the same permissions as with the other .so files
            4) Install the Zidoo version of Kodi

The only issue that I now have is a lack of proper auto refresh switching for 23.976 content. I was able to modify the code in the frequency switcher addon to make it switch, but synchronization was poor due to bitstreaming the audio (I assume that it cannot properly use the audio for timecode reference). Overall, though, other than the 24p switching, everything seems to play very well and seems to be far more fluid and stable than with the stock setup. I've even passes 7.1 DTS-MA with perfect synchronization, and the nagging Netflix sync issue is also inherently fixed through the firmware update.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...399#pid2111399

Last edited by paulyglocke; 03-07-2016, 13:31.

Comment

HO-LEE-SHEEET that seems to have fixed it, replaced the librkffplayer.so with the one from the Zidoo firmware and the kodi too. Maybe it can be brought into a future Wasser firmware? This looks very good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by paulyglocke View Post
                HO-LEE-SHEEET that seems to have fixed it, replaced the librkffplayer.so with the one from the Zidoo firmware and the kodi too. Maybe it can be brought into a future Wasser firmware? This looks very good so far.
                The HPH NT-V8 & Zidoo X6 firmwares contain even more audio fixes that can't be ported with a simple file copy.
                If you use one of those firmwares it would work even better.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The HPH NT-V8 & Zidoo X6 firmwares contain even more audio fixes that can't be ported with a simple file copy.
                  If you use one of those firmwares it would work even better.

Ok, that sounds good, this seems to be fine for now so I will give it a whirl first, DTS and AC3 are going fine by SPDIF. With those other firmwares, do I just download the .img files and use the standard tool on my pc to copy restore them over USB OTG?

Comment

Ok, that sounds good, this seems to be fine for now so I will give it a whirl first, DTS and AC3 are going fine by SPDIF. With those other firmwares, do I just download the .img files and use the standard tool on my pc to copy restore them over USB OTG?
                    Yes.
                    The other HD Audio fixes are mostly for HDMI audio, so it won't make a big difference for SPDIF but Netflix and other apps' audio is more synced.
                    Kodi might still need a 0.250ms audio ahead offset.

Comment

Ok, I will give the Zidoo firmware a go, their launcher seems nice from the pics, will wifi and bluetooth work with it? And on their website it says x6 pro? I am guessing that is not the right one?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Yes.
                        The other HD Audio fixes are mostly for HDMI audio, so it won't make a big difference for SPDIF but Netflix and other apps' audio is more synced.
                        Kodi might still need a 0.250ms audio ahead offset.

Ok I managed to flash the only recovery.img I found for the zidoo, doing all the recent system updates now, when I has updated everything I will hive you guys an update on how it is working.

Comment

Ok, so Zidoo is working, but I keep getting a message pop up saying

activation information

Mode: Zidoo_X6 Pro
                          NET MAC: aa:af:81:0d:ba:b1
                          UUID:

state: illegal authorized

Also Wifi and Bluetooth is not working

Apps are also constantly crashing

Also the remote doesnt work correctly

Comment

Ok, so Zidoo is working, but I keep getting a message pop up saying

activation information

Mode: Zidoo_X6 Pro
                            NET MAC: aa:af:81:0d:ba:b1
                            UUID:

state: illegal authorized

Also Wifi and Bluetooth is not working

Apps are also constantly crashing

Also the remote doesnt work correctly

Comment

So do I just copy those files to the device? and place them in those folders?

Also what about the Beelink remote and Wifi and Bluetooth,

On the plus side Kodi was working well with passthrough

Comment

Scratch that, I see I have to get the rom again from this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X