No announcement yet.

Lollipop - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R68 with Gigabit LAN, WIFI AP6335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now this is a great mod, no wifi but I can just use ethernet.

Comment

Wasser,

Thank you for the firmware, full memory partition and mimicking Nexus 9 allowing me to use an app that was blocking my box.

Comment

Originally posted by paulyglocke View Post
        I read somewhere that you can use the Tronsmart rom from the Orion R68_Gigabit, would this likely fix any of the issues, apparently I have read that Beelink have dropped support for this box, but the insides are the same as the Tronsmart box, so that may be our best hope for OTA updates and Kodi compatibility.

Some guys have also used the Wasser firmware and added files from the Zidoo i68 box:

Aaron407 Wrote: I've been fighting with this on my Beelink i68G with Rockchip 3368 for quite some time now. I finally managed to get it to work, but it isn't an overly straightforward solution.

In general, I needed to do four major steps:

1) Flash the Wasser 3.1.3 firmware
        2) Extract the Kodi 16 beta 4 build and librkffplayer.so from the Zidoo X6 1.0.30 firmware (I downloaded the full image and extracted the .so and apk files)
        3) Use root explorer to set RW for the system library folder and replace the original librkffplayer.so in the Wasser rom with the Zidoo one and set the same permissions as with the other .so files
        4) Install the Zidoo version of Kodi

The only issue that I now have is a lack of proper auto refresh switching for 23.976 content. I was able to modify the code in the frequency switcher addon to make it switch, but synchronization was poor due to bitstreaming the audio (I assume that it cannot properly use the audio for timecode reference). Overall, though, other than the 24p switching, everything seems to play very well and seems to be far more fluid and stable than with the stock setup. I've even passes 7.1 DTS-MA with perfect synchronization, and the nagging Netflix sync issue is also inherently fixed through the firmware update.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...399#pid2111399

hy,
        I want to ask you, if it confirms with the Rom 3.1.3 wasser, beelink the i68 has the audio synchronized with netflix.
        many thanks

Comment

Hi

I have beelink I68 with software 100L (link to my beelink that I had bought: . When I upgrade software to 3.1.3 beelink stuck on wasser logo : https://youtu.be/g1QXSToLdxc. Only this firmware to Tronsmart 105L1 firmware for Orion R68_10/100Mb version improved problem with sound passthrough but DTS HD do not work and sometimes problem with sound glitch. Could you help me with this problem ? Thanks
          Last edited by trebor; 03-11-2016, 21:32.

Comment

Hi there,
            I'm new here, got my Beelink yesterday. I have read everything I could and things were pretty clear, so I started my customizations. It's a Beelink i68G 2/8gb. I installed this rom, and all the fixes to wifi, bluetooth and Kody 16 final. Things are working like a charm, but strangely enough, my beelink is not recognizing my 2 external hard drives (both USB 3.0 driver, one with 3TB and the other with 4TB). In stock firm, both hard drives are recognized simultaneously, one as USB_DISK0 and the other as USB_DISK2. In this firmware, USB_DISK2 never appears, both hard disks works when plugged one at a time in my beelink (in any USB port, if I plug just one disk, it works in ANY USB port), but if I plug both at the same time, just USB_DISK0 appears, and the other one never shows up...
            Any ideas?
            PS. I have installed TWRP at the same time I installed wasser... dunno if this could be related...

EDIT: started over, without TWRP.. no luck, problem persists.

EDIT: it turned out to be some incompatibility problem with my device and my HDs just in this firmware... I had to move to Ione's Zidoo firmware and now both my HDs are recognized simultaneously and things are working... I really liked Masser's firm, but unfortunately there's some incompatibility for my device using both my HDs at the same time... thanks anyway...
            Last edited by bccsergio; 03-13-2016, 18:40.

Comment

Hy everyone,

This is firmware very good but wifi and bluetooth not working. I'm solved tihs problem (Here I can read) but Cast screen not work.
              And the spdif audio output connected my Pionner receiver but losing the signal.
              I try spdif passtrouth and hdmi bitstream (youtube, kodi, etc.). I know that this is a known problem, but no solution?

Gagacs

Comment

when choosing '3840x2160p-50(YCbCr420)' as resolution, i get a flickering screen....which goes on...and off....

30fps is working!

anyone with ideas?

Comment

Hi Wasser, I appreciate all your hard work building your excellent ROMs! But I was wondering if there is a 3.14 version coming anytime soon for the Beelink R68 Gigabit?

I am hoping the you can address these current firmware issues that some users are experiencing:

​(1) The major YouTube stuttering problem (and lesser stuttering on other programs) especially at beyond HD resolutions (like 4K TV at 4096x2160p-60YCbCr420).
                  ​(2) The larger than 1TB USB hard-drive error, where a 2TB hard-drive is not found most of the time by most programs and when it is, it is shown as 995MB.

Comment

Hi All, lollipop wasser firmware version 3.1.4 is released for beelink-i68-1000m (gigabit Lan, AP6335). For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Enjoy and dont forget to post feedbacks

Wasser
                    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

flashing it.....
                      wasser, do you also plan to roll out the next kodi16.x?

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                        Hi All, lollipop wasser firmware version 3.1.4 is released for beelink-i68-1000m (gigabit Lan, AP6335). For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Enjoy and dont forget to post feedbacks

Wasser
                        Hy Wasser!

SPDIF passtoruth issue is solved?

Comment

i do feel that stock googleplayer has become more snappy, and also framerate "looks" perfect, 1080p, i will be testing further

i have failed to 4k hardwareacceleration for mkv, but that is a comon issue with all the roms yet at the moment.

issues i have found:
                          -reboot does not reboot, it must be manualy power-reenabled to boot again (was working in version bevor)
                          -wifi and bt not working, patch from tsukaza does the job

Comment

I'm greatly dissapointed by the RK3386 Beelink devices. Nice hardware-total shit firmware. I purchased the R68 three months ago and I'm still using the old WDTV Live box which plays EVERYTHING nicely and with spdif working great in all multichannel formats. I wonder why is it so difficult for an android developer to pack a nice firmware with spdif passthrough working without stuttering sound.Has this new WASSER firmware solved at last the problem? What about the BT and WIFI notworking condition that the previous commentor noticed?

Comment

Successfully flashed this firmware over the Tronsmart mod 9.2, everything I use works except YouTube still stutters. So back to 9.2 for now. Please fix the stuttering on the next release. Thanks.

Comment

Wasser, this new firmware is bad, sorry for you effort.

1. YouTube still stutters
                                2. Where is the new wasser kodi?
                                3. Internet maybe more fast, sorry no is true
                                4. when used program to complete screen, no working good(example "hide screen"
                                5. Past version is more completed

Comment

Working...
                                X