No announcement yet.

Lollipop - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R68 with Gigabit LAN, WIFI AP6335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am also back to tronsmart9.2, kodi works there and no spdif-glitches, but youtube does have stops (no stutter) frequently there

Comment

does the spdif work correctly with stock video player or mxplayer? As i see all of you reported this spdif issue only by using kodi
      Please give me feedbacks!

Thanks
      http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Thanks Wasser, For the new 3.14 release. It installed just fine. I have really like your firmware over the years, especially for the Tronsmart Orion 3288 box.

However I am still having these firmware issues that some other users are experiencing:

​(1) The major YouTube stuttering problem (and lesser stuttering on other programs) especially at beyond HD resolutions (like 4K TV at 4096x2160p-60YCbCr420).
        - Could this be caused by something other than the firmware?
        ​(2) The larger than 1TB USB hard-drive error, where a 2TB hard-drive is not found most of the time by most programs and when it is, it is shown as 995MB.
        - Most of my hard drives are NTFS, some work sometimes, others don't. All the drives work on my old Wasser firmware Tronsmart Orion 3288 box.

​Also, in this release of the firmware, the WiFi download on 2.4Ghz is limited to 5-7mbs and the upload to about 20-30mbs. I have 60mbs Verizon FIOS connection and I get the full 60mbs when I connect with 10/100/1000 Ethernet jack.

Comment

1. I can reproduce Youtube stuttering. Will have a look at this.
          2. which wasser Firmware Version have you used on your 3288 box? I don't have hard drive with more 2tb so I cannot test. Please give more infos.
          3. WiFi 2.4/5 ghz works great for me. Could you Please install apk WiFi analizer and check if your WiFi has conflict with other WiFi Route in your Location

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Comment

Hi Wasser, Thanks for your help and the quick response.

(1) The stutter lasts about 2 seconds (it is both an audio and video stutter) and it happens within 5 seconds of starting the video - then again about every 15-20 seconds until the video is fully cached.

​(2) I have used Wasser Firmware 2.0.0 through 2.0.9a on my Tronsmart Orion 3288 box (2GB/16GB). I have used the same Seagate 2TB external drive (3.5 inch, USB 3.0, NTFS, with separate power) as my primary video library for over 3 years. I did not have hard drive problems until using Wasser Firmware on the Beelink R68 with GigEthernet. I also have some other 1TB drives (2.5 inch, self-powered) that I use for videos, the only one that works properly is a Samsung 1TB (formatted NTFS).

(3) I will install the WiFi Analyzer and run some tests. I will let you know more later.

Comment

Originally posted by N900GL View Post
              Hi Wasser, Thanks for your help and the quick response.

(1) The stutter lasts about 2 seconds (it is both an audio and video stutter) and it happens within 5 seconds of starting the video - then again about every 15-20 seconds until the video is fully cached.

​(2) I have used Wasser Firmware 2.0.0 through 2.0.9a on my Tronsmart Orion 3288 box (2GB/16GB). I have used the same Seagate 2TB external drive (3.5 inch, USB 3.0, NTFS, with separate power) as my primary video library for over 3 years. I did not have hard drive problems until using Wasser Firmware on the Beelink R68 with GigEthernet. I also have some other 1TB drives (2.5 inch, self-powered) that I use for videos, the only one that works properly is a Samsung 1TB (formatted NTFS).

(3) I will install the WiFi Analyzer and run some tests. I will let you know more later.
              I wonder if the Youtube stutter is not because 1080p/4K Youtube uses the VP9 codec perhaps that is not supported by Rockchip or AMLogic devices at the moment.
              Most Android devices only support the VP8 codec.
              But it still plays, it's just not smooth.
              i would also like to know if there is a fix that fully fixes it to play smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser
                does the spdif work correctly with stock video player or mxplayer? As i see all of you reported this spdif issue only by using kodi
                Please give me feedbacks!

Thanks

with stockplayer, it's mostly perfect, 'sometimes' audio-crash....like 'white noise'

i do use kodi16 now in the new tronsplant v9 rom, and it's perfect, also audio-async is gone. and hw-accerleration works even for x265 .mkv

Comment

First off, I will note my great appreciation for what is being done here. Very few people are up to the task of making custom firmware, not to mention for these buggy Rockchip devices, so for that I thank you.

Anyway, I loaded 3.1.4 today and have some initial impressions.

First, a clock issue remains. It seems that it cannot initially pull the correct time from the network. I had to manually set my time, but rebooting resulted in the time going back to Jan 1st, 2011 and no internet connection as a result. However, I was then able to use automatic time from the network, which stayed after a reboot.

One of the biggest regressions that I see in the firmware, unfortunately, has to do with netflix audio delay. There was a significant delay in audio playback (about a half second) relative to video in Netflix in the box's stock form. This was fixed and worked very well in the wasser 3.1.3 firmware. However, it has gone back to having the delay as of the 3.1.4 flash. This is a major issue and may cause me to go back to 3.1.3 for now.

In terms of the auto frame rate switching, that works through Kodi. I presume that the HDMI mode file reference location was changed to the standard location to make it work. Unfortunately, after switching, the video runs at a fast rate for a few seconds and there is about a four second sync issue afterward when playing back *while bitstreaming passthrough audio*, although this may be a Kodi issue. However, I don't see this as an identified issue on similar boxes.

Lastly, one issue that I was hoping could be fixed is the random global audio/video stutter. Once in awhile, it's like a skipping CD for both audio and video out of the blue and seemingly randomly for about a second. I have found this in both Kodi and Netflix, with nothing in the Kodi debug log, so it seems to be a system issue.

Hopefully things get further cleaned up, and I'm looking forward to the next version. One more request... would it be possible to get the updates in an update zip file to apply through recovery rather than a full image flash so the system doesn't have to fully reinitialize and have all apps reinstalled after updating?

Again, thanks for the efforts!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron407 View Post
                    Lastly, one issue that I was hoping could be fixed is the random global audio/video stutter. Once in awhile, it's like a skipping CD for both audio and video out of the blue and seemingly randomly for about a second. I have found this in both Kodi and Netflix, with nothing in the Kodi debug log, so it seems to be a system issue.
                    !
                    When that gets fixed i might actually use my Beelink ... been using a my Raspberry Pi 2/3 which has no video/audio stutter ever

Will admit watching a 1080p H.265 Movie ... and it was playing great on the Beelink until the "stutter" happened which in all honesty, annoys the sh*t out of me

Downloaded a H.264 version of the Movie and played it on the Pi 2 without any issues and stutter.

Comment

First off, I will note my great appreciation for what is being done here. Very few people are up to the task of making custom firmware, not to mention for these buggy Rockchip devices, so for that I thank you.

Anyway, I loaded 3.1.4 today and have some initial impressions.

First, a clock issue remains. It seems that it cannot initially pull the correct time from the network. I had to manually set my time, but rebooting resulted in the time going back to Jan 1st, 2011 and no internet connection as a result. However, I was then able to use automatic time from the network, which stayed after a reboot.

One of the biggest regressions that I see in the firmware, unfortunately, has to do with netflix audio delay. There was a significant delay in audio playback (about a half second) relative to video in Netflix in the box's stock form. This was fixed and worked very well in the wasser 3.1.3 firmware. However, it has gone back to having the delay as of the 3.1.4 flash. This is a major issue and may cause me to go back to 3.1.3 for now.

In terms of the auto frame rate switching, that works through Kodi. I presume that the HDMI mode file reference location was changed to the standard location to make it work. Unfortunately, after switching, the video runs at a fast rate for a few seconds and there is about a four second sync issue afterward when playing back *while bitstreaming passthrough audio*, although this may be a Kodi issue. However, I don't see this as an identified issue on similar boxes.

Hopefully things get further cleaned up, and I'm looking forward to the next version. One more request... would it be possible to get the updates in an update zip file to apply through recovery rather than a full image flash so the system doesn't have to fully reinitialize and have all apps reinstalled after updating?

Again, thanks for the efforts!
                      1. i cannot reproduce the clock issue, it works for me.

2. could you please try to set framerate to 24hz manually in Settings->Display->HDMI. It works for me fine. It looks auto framerate switch does not
                      work with netflix

3. to get autoframe switching working in kodi you have to set it in kodi (with rk patches, like the one from zidoo)

4. i cannot reproduce the ramdom global audio/video stutter. Please try to play video from your local storage and check if it still stutters.

5. it's possible to do update through recovery, this process will take so much times. Sadly i don't have time

Thanks for your good feedbacks.

Just Info for you. The latest kodi (16.x) from zidoo works without any problem on my firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

When that gets fixed i might actually use my Beelink ... been using a my Raspberry Pi 2/3 which has no video/audio stutter ever

Will admit watching a 1080p H.265 Movie ... and it was playing great on the Beelink until the "stutter" happened which in all honesty, annoys the sh*t out of me

Downloaded a H.264 version of the Movie and played it on the Pi 2 without any issues and stutter.

i used kodi/mxplayer and stock player to play my videos, it works fine for me without any stutters. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

1. i cannot reproduce the clock issue, it works for me.

2. could you please try to set framerate to 24hz manually in Settings->Display->HDMI. It works for me fine. It looks auto framerate switch does not
                          work with netflix

3. to get autoframe switching working in kodi you have to set it in kodi (with rk patches, like the one from zidoo)

4. i cannot reproduce the ramdom global audio/video stutter. Please try to play video from your local storage and check if it still stutters.

5. it's possible to do update through recovery, this process will take so much times. Sadly i don't have time

Thanks for your good feedbacks.

Just Info for you. The latest kodi (16.x) from zidoo works without any problem on my firmware.
                          I'll try to elaborate a bit.

1. The clock issue isn't much of a problem as a workaround at the start gets it working from that point forward.

2 & 3. The auto framerate switching works fine, except for the sync issue in Kodi after switching. Note, however, that the sync issue is only when using passthrough audio and bitstreaming surround sound. I'm using the kodi build from the 1.32 Zidoo firmware, which I believe is built on 16.0 Beta 4. After the framerate switches, the audio is about 4 seconds ahead of the video. If everything is set to 24 fps from the start and there is no actual switching operation, it works fine. I have a feeling that this is more of an issue with Kodi, though, as it only happen when bitstreaming passthrough audio and the a/v sync flag in the extended information shows it as being in sync when it's not. For now, I'm going to see if I can add advancedsettings.xml fields to automatically apply an audio offset, but hopefully it can be fixed via Kodi at some point.

4. The random stutter might only happen once every few hours or so, but it's very noticeable. I've had it happen when playing from a network media server, as well as streaming from netflix. I've also seen and heard it when moving through the menus in Kodi, so it's not specific to media playback. Intermittent issues like this are certainly tough to track down, but I'm thinking that it might have to do with the HDMI interface since it affects both audio and video, doesn't seem to be related to network streaming, and can occur when media isn't playing back. Note that this was also present in the stock firmware.

5. I totally understand. I wasn't aware that there was a significant time difference for building an update zip vs an image.

As mentioned, my biggest issue is the Netflix audio lag that was fixed in 3.1.3 but has returned in 3.1.4. Was there a library file or something that may have been changed to could cause this issue? If so, I'd be happy to replace individual files to see if it helps. I tried extracting the image files for both 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 to do a compare operation, but I wasn't able to successfully extract them.

Anyway, please let me know if there's anything that I can try. Thanks again for your efforts on this.

Comment

Originally posted by bccsergio View Post
                            Hi there,
                            I'm new here, got my Beelink yesterday. I have read everything I could and things were pretty clear, so I started my customizations. It's a Beelink i68G 2/8gb. I installed this rom, and all the fixes to wifi, bluetooth and Kody 16 final. Things are working like a charm, but strangely enough, my beelink is not recognizing my 2 external hard drives (both USB 3.0 driver, one with 3TB and the other with 4TB). In stock firm, both hard drives are recognized simultaneously, one as USB_DISK0 and the other as USB_DISK2. In this firmware, USB_DISK2 never appears, both hard disks works when plugged one at a time in my beelink (in any USB port, if I plug just one disk, it works in ANY USB port), but if I plug both at the same time, just USB_DISK0 appears, and the other one never shows up...
                            Any ideas?
                            PS. I have installed TWRP at the same time I installed wasser... dunno if this could be related...

EDIT: started over, without TWRP.. no luck, problem persists.

EDIT: it turned out to be some incompatibility problem with my device and my HDs just in this firmware... I had to move to Ione's Zidoo firmware and now both my HDs are recognized simultaneously and things are working... I really liked Masser's firm, but unfortunately there's some incompatibility for my device using both my HDs at the same time... thanks anyway...
                            I've got the same exact problem, my 2 hard drives doesn't works simultaneously.
                            My hard drives are: 2TB WD powered and another with 500GB with autopower. Both are NTFS and both are read when connected alone

Comment

I'll try to elaborate a bit.

1. The clock issue isn't much of a problem as a workaround at the start gets it working from that point forward.

2 & 3. The auto framerate switching works fine, except for the sync issue in Kodi after switching. Note, however, that the sync issue is only when using passthrough audio and bitstreaming surround sound. I'm using the kodi build from the 1.32 Zidoo firmware, which I believe is built on 16.0 Beta 4. After the framerate switches, the audio is about 4 seconds ahead of the video. If everything is set to 24 fps from the start and there is no actual switching operation, it works fine. I have a feeling that this is more of an issue with Kodi, though, as it only happen when bitstreaming passthrough audio and the a/v sync flag in the extended information shows it as being in sync when it's not. For now, I'm going to see if I can add advancedsettings.xml fields to automatically apply an audio offset, but hopefully it can be fixed via Kodi at some point.

4. The random stutter might only happen once every few hours or so, but it's very noticeable. I've had it happen when playing from a network media server, as well as streaming from netflix. I've also seen and heard it when moving through the menus in Kodi, so it's not specific to media playback. Intermittent issues like this are certainly tough to track down, but I'm thinking that it might have to do with the HDMI interface since it affects both audio and video, doesn't seem to be related to network streaming, and can occur when media isn't playing back. Note that this was also present in the stock firmware.

5. I totally understand. I wasn't aware that there was a significant time difference for building an update zip vs an image.

As mentioned, my biggest issue is the Netflix audio lag that was fixed in 3.1.3 but has returned in 3.1.4. Was there a library file or something that may have been changed to could cause this issue? If so, I'd be happy to replace individual files to see if it helps. I tried extracting the image files for both 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 to do a compare operation, but I wasn't able to successfully extract them.

Anyway, please let me know if there's anything that I can try. Thanks again for your efforts on this.
                              Hi Aaron407,

To resolve the audio sync issue after the framerate changing when playing multichannel video with passthrough, set KODI to pause video during the framerate changing. In my system it takes approx. 5 seconds, so I set 6 sec in KODI. It works fine for me.

Regards, STZO
                              Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post

Hi Aaron407,

To resolve the audio sync issue after the framerate changing when playing multichannel video with passthrough, set KODI to pause video during the framerate changing. In my system it takes approx. 5 seconds, so I set 6 sec in KODI. It works fine for me.

Regards, STZO
                                That was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't help. The only thing that I found corrects it is if I toggle passthrough audio off, then back on to resync it while playing a video. However, it also transitions the refresh rate and sometimes doesn't go back to 24p.

Comment

Working...
                                X