Inphic SPOT i5 S805 media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viewer View Post

Also, how do you swap out of mouse mode once you are in it? Only way I have found is to turn off the unit.
    Ok, let's go one by one.

We are building a process to support our users.

When you press that "mouse button" you can see its pointer there. When you press same button again the pointer will disappear, then, it is back to normal function. It can take some seconds (but you do not need to wait, the control will response again even before the pointer disappear).

Comment

Again, what is "Media Centre" supposed to do. Should it see my server and play stuff from it? It doesn't see my server.
      This APP is provided by AMLOGIC. It is more for DLNA and AirPlay. I think we should change its original name.

You are right, this is not a Media center....

Working...

Comment

Thank you inphic....your replies appreciated.
        I will have another dabble with the mouse button

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post

We will be testing some bluetooth dongles ASAP
          Thank you. I will await your response.

Comment

We whould like to release at least one OTA upgrade each week.

Also we are working on a new launcher.

Suggestions are welcome.

Comment

HDMI-CEC doesn't seem to work at all.
              The remote often needs multiple attempts to register key presses.

Comment

I have now found I can swap between mouse and other controls, after awaiting/pausing to allow the software to catch up....thank you.

Although you told me Media Player was no good, I went to the DNLA settings.

When I click that, it cannot find the DLNA, which is the same source as the router it wifi's to.

In the router, I have a usb stick with music and video.

Should not the box find this DNLA enabled device?

I have tried and tried to no avail.

Can other users confirm if they can connect, and if so, how did you do this in the settings of the box?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by clevergirl View Post
                  HDMI-CEC doesn't seem to work at all.
                  Hi clevergirl,

I have been positively confirmed that we are going to do some tests on HDMI-CEC devices and implement it for the next firmware to build.

Originally posted by clevergirl View Post
                  The remote often needs multiple attempts to register key presses
                  Do you mean the control remote learning funcitonality? Could you please explain me more about it?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by INPHIC - Jim View Post
                    Do you mean the control remote learning funcitonality? Could you please explain me more about it?
                    hey, no, i don't mean learning functionality. i mean the remote is very weak. i have to go very near (one meter) to the device for the remote to work. otherwise nothing happens or i have to try pressing a button multiple times to get lucky.

Comment

Any update Jim as per my DNLA question?

Comment

Also, is there an update that could be done to keep the box on for a longer period when idle. It frustrates me, that for whatever reason I am not using it, it shuts down, and then we have to go through that 2 minute or so boot up.

Lastly, can an update be pushed to make the remote work better. Yes, I can run an app on my android phone to control the box, but I shouldn't have to?

Thanks

Comment

The only way I got the remote to work properly was to take the board out of the box. Did try it back in the box with the clear lens removed and remote pick up fitted close to the front as possible on worked well.
                          I have had heating problem also with board the box so I found a piece aluminum and super glued it the s805.
                          When it got too hot it would freeze and had to be rebooted.
                          All up for the price it's a good little box to have a play with.

Kevin

Comment

[QUOTE=kevin1341;
                            All up for the price it's a good little box to have a play with.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Whilst the box is in working mode, I think it is a pretty good little unit, but simple remote problems and dnla stuff should be a priority they must investigate and give their attentions to.

Comment

Will your site like this one, which appears to have a forum or community section, be available in English?

Comment

Will your site like this one, which appears to have a forum or community section, be available in English?
                                http://www.inphic.cn/bbs/portal.php
                                Actually we have the forum installed, but run a forum is something that takes lots of time and difficult to get a good amount of users there in short time. Then, we are trying to work off-page first. But the idea is to run our forum later or sooner.

Lots of things to be organizated and FT is a very good place to start (and continue)

Comment

Working...
                                X