X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    I had some problem day one, only way was uboot button to connect

New XBMC In from Vidon much better,
    I note Vidon is a paid service will there be some deal for Inphic users.

Also a Spanish update for Yomvi ? don't use, guess it may come in handy

Looking good
    Cheers
    Yomvi is for spanish users (paid service). That TV provider launched an APP for Android devices, but it is not working in most of chinese TV Boxes. Without subscription you just can watch the trailers

We are going to release an OTA upgrade with VidOn. Our tests are going well.

Comment

Originally posted by suttyom View Post
      Yes, i was interested. I upgraded the software, but the problems is not resolved.
      Hi, an aditional question. Can you tell me your MAC? You can find it on the label at the bottom of your box.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic

Hi, an aditional question. Can you tell me your MAC? You can find it on the label at the bottom of your box.

Thanks
        Hello. The MAC nr is 0862015083B5

Comment

Hi there. I have been following this thread for a while as I own 6 units of Inphic i5! I have been using only 1 unit. I am interested to turn this S805 based box into a Linux PC. So far, as an android tv box I have not had much problems after updating the firmware and the OTA. Unit runs OK. Only problem is the remote is interfering with my LG TV.

Inphic is there anyway I can boot a linux image from the SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by suttyom View Post
            Hello. The MAC nr is 0862015083B5
            Hi, we will upload the latest firmware (with all updates) to MEGA. Later explain you how to flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post

We must revise that link.

Can you tell me your build version? You can find this in Settings > Other

Build number-KOT49H.20151218 test keys

This problem has been fixed with the second OTA upgrade (crackle one). We found some problems with our OTA server. Hope this service will be more stable soon (working).

See above.

Settings > Display > "Start screen saver" (look if "never" is ticked or other choice. Then set it to "never")

Only options I have are "Font Size" and "Cast screen" and the sub-menu's. Or am I missing something? (I'm getting old...)

For now we are at freaktab (english) and forocoches (spanish), but it looks like users are climing support on other forums too. Step by step.
              More than happy to stick around here.

And the Live wallpapers?

Air mouse function on the remote, doesn't appear to work for me.

Unit is a blue box, if that makes a difference to anything.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic

Hi, we will upload the latest firmware (with all updates) to MEGA. Later explain you how to flash.
                Ok. Thanks!

Comment

A fruitful afternoon . I got Ubuntu 15.04 mate running on the Inphic i5!! Image is for the MK808b. Boots to Ubuntu Mate desktop. But no Internet access eth0 and wifi
                  Inphic uses the 8188eu wifi drivers which somehow I need to install manually!? Not sure why eth0 is down.

Hope to get help from readers here.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pakchris View Post
                    A fruitful afternoon . I got Ubuntu 15.04 mate running on the Inphic i5!! Image is for the MK808b. Boots to Ubuntu Mate desktop. But no Internet access eth0 and wifi
                    Inphic uses the 8188eu wifi drivers which somehow I need to install manually!? Not sure why eth0 is down.

Hope to get help from readers here.

Thanks!
                    I know that ROM

But you must to know, Amlogic is not officially giving support for Linux on S805 (even they released some source).

By the way: I think eth0 needs amlogic's own driver
                    Last edited by Inphic; 12-28-2015, 11:06.

Comment

Inphic. THANK YOU!

Have to report that I am having problems using the usb burning tool on my 2nd unit. I can "hear" the unit connecting and reconnecting. After a few errors and retries then I get 100% success..

Comment

Yes, Ubuntu Mate can be flashed in a TF card. Spot i5 will work as you said:

Comment

Inphic Nice. Did you get wifi or ethernet working? I am sure you can sell more i5's if it can boot Linux with full functionality
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by skivit View Post
                            Settings > Display > "Start screen saver" (look if "never" is ticked or other choice. Then set it to "never")

Only options I have are "Font Size" and "Cast screen" and the sub-menu's. Or am I missing something? (I'm getting old...)

Thanks for the quick reply.
                            You should have something like this:

Comment

The new SPOT i5 firmware is now on theaters!

Hi,

Late again but here (again), it's all ready for you to test the new freshy and uploaded last firmware (2015-12-28) for its unique Spot i5.

The aforementioned firmware comes along with some upgrades and fixes.

Hope you soon to be already dissapointed to hear from your reports.

Are you ready for the race?? here you are >> https://goo.gl/O6oVMh

If you need some guide to shade light on, there's already a link where you can visit for consulting, which is this one http://inphic.com/faq/howto/update/spot-i5

Don't forget to come back over here to dump any report to let us know!!!!!

The Inphic Team
                              Last edited by INPHIC - Jim; 12-29-2015, 09:20.

Comment

Change log at all ?
                                Downloaded...
                                Installed....

All in and loaded......
                                set up WIFI ok
                                Google account ok
                                updating a lot of apps i don't use, uninstall soon.
                                So far so good

Cheers
                                Last edited by trebor; 12-29-2015, 09:47.
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X