Inphic SPOT i5 S805 media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkon View Post
    Hi Inphic. Are bluetooth dongles supported with this i5?

Also, there is a "remote control" option in the settings menu. What apps can take advantage of this?
    We will release an update soon with bluetooth option in settings. Testing some BT chips now.

Comment

Originally posted by viewer View Post

Within KOdi, if it doing a download, and you walk away, and don't touch anything, the box must sense you are doing nothing, and turns itself off, stopping the download. This is no good, do others have the problem? In play mode all is ok, but no activity, it turns off...help pls...grrrr
      Hi, please, explain us a little more.

When kodi detects you are not using the box....

A) Kodi goes to sleep and the download stops
      B) The TV Box shut-down. If so, LED light is red color?

Thanks

Comment

No, it downloads about 20 odd megabytes and the recording stops. The tv screen goes blank, and no lights are on the little box. Only way to get it on again is to press red button on the remote, and it then boots up through it's normal boot up sequence.You then have to go thru all the Kodi d/l stuff again. As a work around, I play music on the little box, mute the sound, and Kodi stays alive. Stupid thing to have to do though.

Comment

Was there a specific reason you asked us what colour boxes we had...is there a known faulty batch?

Comment

Originally posted by viewer View Post
            Was there a specific reason you asked us what colour boxes we had...is there a known faulty batch?
            Something related to the paint. Our guys from the factory are looking at this.

Comment

BETA TESTERS REQUIRED
              Inphic SPOT i5

Hi, this is just for those who already own a SPOT i5. We whould like to set-up a group of BETA testers.

We are going to provide updates to be tested by this group before release a new OTA upgrade. By this way we can cooperate with users improving our software.

How to participate? For now just following this thread (in future it will be different). We are going to provide updates and you can download them and upgrade your system. You can publish and share with us your results here.

Are you guys interested?

Comment

Yes, I am prepared to help, that is what the forum is all about, helping each other. Give me a shout any time.

Comment

We have 3 updates in alpha phase:

1. Fix YOMVI APP does not play videos (this should be for Spain only, but it could be used from any country)
                  2. Total replace the actual version of KODI to VidOn
                  3. Bluetooth support for dongles

We are doing some tests now, after that it will pass to BETA version and I will release here the updates and how to install them.
                  Last edited by Inphic; 12-18-2015, 14:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post
                    BETA TESTERS REQUIRED
                    Inphic SPOT i5

Hi, this is just for those who already own a SPOT i5. We whould like to set-up a group of BETA testers.

We are going to provide updates to be tested by this group before release a new OTA upgrade. By this way we can cooperate with users improving our software.

How to participate? For now just following this thread (in future it will be different). We are going to provide updates and you can download them and upgrade your system. You can publish and share with us your results here.

Are you guys interested?

I have one unit, and I like do beta tester, i am prepared

Comment

Count me for beta testing

Comment

I have over come some of my problem with over heating by fitting a heat sink to the s805 which has help a lot.
                        The temperature of the cpu stays around 30c- 40c with running most programs.
                        When running Kodi the temp goes to 50c-70c with board not mounted the box.
                        I do not use Kodi until we work out what is going on.
                        With freezing problem I flashed unit with build number KOT9H.20151119-1617 test-key ( MX-Gbox)
                        This a lot more stable but I can not use supplied remote control or Wi-Fi.
                        Everything works well except Kodi (runs hot).
                        Since I flashed it I have had about 3-4 freezes.
                        I have to work out how to get the unit back to original firmware but unable to do so at the moment.
                        Computer does not see the unit with the firmware I have on it.
                        Cheers
                        Kevin

Comment

For those interested about YOMVI APP running on our SPOT i5 Android TV Box (spanish people mainly), here's a post where you can find how to test our BETA update:

http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showt...#post215213613

And here is a video about YOMVI running on SPOT i5

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1341 View Post
                            I have over come some of my problem with over heating by fitting a heat sink to the s805 which has help a lot.
                            The temperature of the cpu stays around 30c- 40c with running most programs.
                            When running Kodi the temp goes to 50c-70c with board not mounted the box.
                            I do not use Kodi until we work out what is going on.
                            With freezing problem I flashed unit with build number KOT9H.20151119-1617 test-key ( MX-Gbox)
                            This a lot more stable but I can not use supplied remote control or Wi-Fi.
                            Everything works well except Kodi (runs hot).
                            Since I flashed it I have had about 3-4 freezes.
                            I have to work out how to get the unit back to original firmware but unable to do so at the moment.
                            Computer does not see the unit with the firmware I have on it.
                            Cheers
                            Kevin
                            I have here a SPOT i5 in the same situation after install same ROM than you... we will try to help you next week.

Comment

Ok thank you,
                              If I get something sorted I will post it.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1341 View Post
                                Ok thank you,
                                If I get something sorted I will post it.
                                Sorry for delay... it is 7AM and we are here yet with YOMVI

I guess you will need to open your device.

More info soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X