No announcement yet.

Inphic SPOT i5 S805 media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found a way to keep my box from not shutting down.

I found a setting with screensaver, and noted (I guess by default??) it had a tick in the 4 minute box. I unticked it, and now the box stays on all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by viewer View Post
      I have found a way to keep my box from not shutting down.

I found a setting with screensaver, and noted (I guess by default??) it had a tick in the 4 minute box. I unticked it, and now the box stays on all the time.
      Screensaver is "never" by default. It is strange you have that "4 minutes" ticked there.

If you press the power button while in the screensaver, the MCU will understand that you want power-off, so the system never will back.

We have some work to do around this, but it is good to hear you fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post

We will release an update soon with bluetooth option in settings. Testing some BT chips now.
        Thank you very much. Would be a nice addon.

Comment

Also I have a white box and no issues with my remote. As a Wifi remote app: the app Smart iRemote is working OK. If you are interested in a remote for Kodi, there are plenty options available.

Comment

Originally posted by suttyom View Post
            I have a little problem. When i starting the Kodi application, the tv box is crashing, freezing. It needs a restart. You have any solution for this? First of all, I bought the box for using the Kodi. Thank you!

Trimis de pe al meu GT-I9301I folosind Tapatalk
            Hi, can you help us to do a test?

Comment

Originally posted by manu-de View Post

Hi suttyom I have same problem, I test a lot of kodi versions and all firmwares, i ask to inphic here and they not answer any about this problem.
              Same, can you help us doing a test?

Comment

Originally posted by manu-de View Post

Hi suttyom I have same problem, I test a lot of kodi versions and all firmwares, i ask to inphic here and they not answer any about this problem.
                Make backup of vidon Kodi
                then test latest Kodi here - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/and...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic

Hi, can you help us to do a test?
                  Yes, i was interested. I upgraded the software, but the problems is not resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by suttyom View Post
                    Yes, i was interested. I upgraded the software, but the problems is not resolved.
                    Thanks!

Please, follow these 4 steps:

1. From Google Play, look for: terminal emulator

Install the app, do not need to open for now.

2. From your SPOT i5, open the internet navigator (browser) and type this URL:

Code:
                    http://goo.gl/htH6VV
                    There is not a web page to be opened there, but you will see a file downloading. Wait until finish the download.

3. Now open the terminal emulator downloaded on step 1

It will show you "$"

Now type:

Code:
                    su

cp /storage/sdcard0/Download/20151223_freez1.zip /cache

reboot recovery

4. After reboot you will see the recovery menu

Use the remote and choose: "apply update from cache"

Now select: 20151223_freez1.zip

After finish it will return to recovery menu, just choose "reboot system now"

When your system back, please, have a try with Kodi again and let us know.

THANKS AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic

Thanks!

Please, follow these 4 steps:

1. From Google Play, look for: terminal emulator

Install the app, do not need to open for now.

2. From your SPOT i5, open the internet navigator (browser) and type this URL:

Code:
                      http://goo.gl/htH6VV
                      There is not a web page to be opened there, but you will see a file downloading. Wait until finish the download.

3. Now open the terminal emulator downloaded on step 1

It will show you "$"

Now type:

Code:
                      su

cp /storage/sdcard0/Download/20151223_freez1.zip /cache

reboot recovery

4. After reboot you will see the recovery menu

Use the remote and choose: "apply update from cache"

Now select: 20151223_freez1.zip

After finish it will return to recovery menu, just choose "reboot system now"

When your system back, please, have a try with Kodi again and let us know.

THANKS AGAIN
                      I'm out of town for a few days. When I return I will follow the instructions. Thanks a lot!

Trimis de pe al meu GT-I9301I folosind Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                        Thanks for the Update....
                        Tried with the APP for OTA all that did was drop me to recovery and could not do much from there.

Option 2 worked, downloaded burning tool from here http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-v2-0-4-3.html
                        Followed Instructions (pity cant see the reset button luckily I drilled it earlier) about 5 minutes to install new firmware.

It will sit at a loading screen while new firmware sets it self up on on the i5, takes awhile so don't Paninc.
                        Get greeted with new system to reset up, all apps wiped best to start fresh no junk in the trunk.
                        Remote works through complete process.
                        Version Now show KOT49H.20151113test-keys

I enlarged it as I prefer to use a tooth pick, a paper clip would fit, the idea sticking bits of metal in bothers me

Cheers
                        I want to remark that it is no need to press that UBOOT button at the device's reverse. Connecting the Spot i5 micro-USB to the computer via USB it's enough for the burning tool to detect it.
                        Last edited by INPHIC - Jim; 12-31-2015, 01:21.

Comment

I had some problem day one, only way was uboot button to connect

New XBMC In from Vidon much better,
                          I note Vidon is a paid service will there be some deal for Inphic users.

Also a Spanish update for Yomvi ? don't use, guess it may come in handy

Looking good
                          Cheers

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            I had some problem day one, only way was uboot button to connect

New XBMC In from Vidon much better,
                            I note Vidon is a paid service will there be some deal for Inphic users.

Also a Spanish update for Yomvi ? don't use, guess it may come in handy

Looking good
                            Cheers
                            Do not need pay. You can get DTS-HD and DOLBY-HD just by activating passthrough in settings > system > audio output

We found vidon working a little better on SPOT i7, sometimes while playing dolby-hd it looks like vidon response is better when we choose AUDIOTRACK on "passthrough output device" at kodi configuration.

Comment

Hello peeps,
                              I received my i5 a few months ago, just really started playing with it. I have a Rikomagic box and stick, I bought this for the kids to use in their playroom, price and ethernet connection meant it was worth the small outlay, and I'm really impressed so far. i have a couple of questions and a few remarks.

I used the update apk, (I was going to flash with the tool, but my ROM download was corrupted and the MEGA file was removed) and as far as i can see my system is up to date. Great that it's rooted, I thought I'd be spending hours trawling the web to find a rooting process.

I had to install Rotation Locker app (on XDA and Play Store) as some apps (RAM manager, one Space Invader game etc.) were giving a small portrait screen image on TV. Anyone else had this problem? It's now locked into Landscape mode.

Live Wallpapers don't appear to work, are they supported? If you click on the Live wallpaper, it just says "App not installed" in the pop up.

Also noticed it's also going into "sleep mode?" , powers off, but the blue LED is still on. A post above mentions Screensaver mode, can someone tell me where that is? Never heard of it, and went through the settings menu again, maybe I missed it somewhere.

Where is it best to follow development? On this forum, is there also a thread on XDA?

Any info gratefully received, nice to see a manufacturer posting in community site's like this one, show's a good customer mentality.

Merci!

Comment

Originally posted by skivit View Post
                                Hello peeps,
                                I received my i5 a few months ago, just really started playing with it. I have a Rikomagic box and stick, I bought this for the kids to use in their playroom, price and ethernet connection meant it was worth the small outlay, and I'm really impressed so far. i have a couple of questions and a few remarks.

I used the update apk, (I was going to flash with the tool, but my ROM download was corrupted and the MEGA file was removed) and as far as i can see my system is up to date. Great that it's rooted, I thought I'd be spending hours trawling the web to find a rooting process.
                                We must revise that link.

Can you tell me your build version? You can find this in Settings > Other

I had to install Rotation Locker app (on XDA and Play Store) as some apps (RAM manager, one Space Invader game etc.) were giving a small portrait screen image on TV. Anyone else had this problem? It's now locked into Landscape mode.
                                This problem has been fixed with the second OTA upgrade (crackle one). We found some problems with our OTA server. Hope this service will be more stable soon (working).

Also noticed it's also going into "sleep mode?" , powers off, but the blue LED is still on. A post above mentions Screensaver mode, can someone tell me where that is? Never heard of it, and went through the settings menu again, maybe I missed it somewhere.
                                Settings > Display > "Start screen saver" (look if "never" is ticked or other choice. Then set it to "never")

Where is it best to follow development? On this forum, is there also a thread on XDA?

Any info gratefully received, nice to see a manufacturer posting in community site's like this one, show's a good customer mentality.

Merci!
                                For now we are at freaktab (english) and forocoches (spanish), but it looks like users are climing support on other forums too. Step by step.

Comment

Working...
                                X