Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.4 !NEW!(22.05.2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After further testing I noticed :

* Rebooting using the "power"button on the taskbar takes very long.
    (+/-1:20 minute before reboot starts after that normal).

* Ethernet adapter often does not start properly.(Switch on / off / on).

* Sometimes the OS becomes unresponsive.(you still can move mousepointer but you can not click).

I use a MK808 (original NON-B) version : Date - 20121015 rev. TV_BOX_V1.1_0810

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
      with 1080p you may have some problems.
      go to developer options and disable hw overlays
      Thanks Lewy!! That solved the Youtube problem. Now it's working fine.

Cumps

Comment

Hi,

which version of xbmc have you used ?

Comment

Originally posted by stef_3101 View Post
          Hi,

which version of xbmc have you used ?
          I use the 19 feb hwwaccel version :

And I use an advanced XML :

Comment

Originally posted by CannaBioD View Post
            I tested my mk808 with Finless 1.7c + 720p2dark4u kernel and it was much faster in Epic Citadel than V2.2.4 + 720p 2darku4 kernel.

1.7c + 2dark4u kernel scores average 54fps. (SetCPU 1,4GHz, performance)
            V2.2.4 + 2darku4 kernel scores average 42fps. (SetCPU 1,4GHz, performance, noop)
            Hmm...were those roms tested with both 2dark4u kernel v.1.4 or Finless was w/1.4 and v2.2.4 w/1.5 beta1??
            Not too sure whether the high Citadel score was attributed to better roms, better kernels, or combinations of Rom/Kernel....

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post
              Hmm...were those roms tested with both 2dark4u kernel v.1.4 or Finless was w/1.4 and v2.2.4 w/1.5 beta1??
              Not too sure whether the high Citadel score was attributed to better roms, better kernels, or combinations of Rom/Kernel....
              I did all the tests with MK808 2dark4u 1.5 Beta1 kernel.

I changed my post because I got loads of PMs of people asking me to share the MK808 1.5 kernel.

I will do the same test with the 2dark4u 1.4 kernel and I will report later..
              Last edited by CannaBioD; 05-25-2013, 20:34.

Comment

I did all the tests with MK808 2dark4u 1.5 Beta1 kernel.

I changed my post because I got loads of PMs of people asking me to share the MK808 1.5 kernel.

I will do the same test with the 2dark4u 1.4 kernel and I will report later..
                Oh..ok..just wanted to clarify in my mind if the udark4u 1.5 beta 1 kernel will be a significant improvement to 1.4...By the way, my personal Citadel testing using Finless 1.7c/udark4u 1.4 achieved similar scores to your Finless 1.7c/Udark4u 1.5 Beta 1

Comment

I did the same tests with the MK808 720p 1.4 2dark4u kernel :

Finless 1.7c + 720p 2dark4u 1.4 kernel scores average 53fps. (SetCPU 1,4GHz, performance)

lewy20041 V2.2.4 + 720p 2dark4u 1.4 kernel scores average 41fps. (SetCPU 1,4GHz, performance, noop)

Comment

Oh..ok..just wanted to clarify in my mind if the udark4u 1.5 beta 1 kernel will be a significant improvement to 1.4...By the way, my personal Citadel testing using Finless 1.7c/udark4u 1.4 achieved similar scores to your Finless 1.7c/Udark4u 1.5 Beta 1
                    Judging by the changelog, probably not a significant improvement.

A 4.2.2 rom also benchmarks Epic Citadel higher then any rom 4.1.1 with any overclocked kernel, and that's stock, so if GPU gaming performance is what you're after upgrade to Finless 2.1.
                    Currently Using:
                    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                    Retired Devices:
                    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
                      A 4.2.2 rom also benchmarks Epic Citadel higher then any rom 4.1.1 with any overclocked kernel, and that's stock, so if GPU gaming performance is what you're after upgrade to Finless 2.1.

That is not true.

Finless1.7c + 2dark4u 1.4/1.5 kernel is much faster with Epic Citadel. (54fps)

I also use a MK808 with Finless 2.1 installed and it scores average +/- 42 fps in Epic Citadel.

Both MK808 stick are set on 1.4GHz performance in SetCPU.

Comment

That is not true.

Finless1.7c + 2dark4u 1.4/1.5 kernel is much faster with Epic Citadel. (54fps)

I also use a MK808 with Finless 2.1 installed and it scores average +/- 42 fps in Epic Citadel.

Both MK808 stick are set on 1.4GHz performance in SetCPU.
                        It was quickly discovered by myself and some other users that the stock rom, before it became Finless 2.1, seemed to have an increase in GPU performance for certain situations. It can comfortably run on the stock 1080p kernel live wallpapers at 60fps+ without an issue, which is pretty impressive. That could be down to them finally getting 'project butter' to work correctly, but it is also the fastest I have ever got Epic Citadel to run on my mk808b, although I'm well aware that not everyone's setup and device is equal. They have done a pretty good job however, even allowing the CPU to overclock to 1.6ghz.

If you haven't tried it give it a go sometime, you may be pleasantly surprised at it's performance.

Back on topic, good job with 2.2.4, it looks impressive on paper, and will try it out at some point when I get a chance.
                        Currently Using:
                        2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                        Retired Devices:
                        MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

hi

i do not understand. Some of you speaks about a kernel (2dark4you or another one) but where can it be found ?
                          i made a search, but it brings me to firmware threads, not kernels !
                          is this included in the rom ?

thks a lot :-) and sorry for my noob question ^^

Comment

Originally posted by doudoufr View Post
                            hi

i do not understand. Some of you speaks about a kernel (2dark4you or another one) but where can it be found ?
                            i made a search, but it brings me to firmware threads, not kernels !
                            is this included in the rom ?

thks a lot :-) and sorry for my noob question ^^
                            I just send you a PM.

Comment

Upgrade from 2.2.3, will I loose all my settings and need an erase?

Thanks

Comment

lewy20041,

Thanks for your efforts to make this rom better. I use your Minix G4 2.2.3 rom on device which is a clone of UG802. Today I tried to flash the new version for G4 2.2.4 but unfortunately It did not upgrade successfully. The RK Batch tool gives an error on 5% when checking the image. I reflashed the old version without a problem and then tried again but with no luck. Any idea what could be the problem ?
                                There is no sp00n ...

Comment

Working...
                                X