No announcement yet.

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else having problem with 3d switching? for me it crashes and reboot the box

EDIT: actually is not a crash and a reboot, it's the tv that it's losing the signal after kodi tries to switch it to 3d mode, but the only way to restore the signal is to reboot
    Last edited by ilfrance; 02-29-2016, 11:46.

Comment

Quote:
      I'm fairly sure the MXIII+ works, My original port for the MX3G was based off of kerber's S82 OE build, so I suspect it will also work - The good news is that it's a fairly painless process to give it a try using dualboot/sdcard - The only gotcha's could be the wifi/ethernet. I have included most of the amlogic device drivers in this kernel, including the ap6335e driver/firmware.

Cheers,

[/QUOTE]

Hello! Wanted to tell You I used Your build 6.0.1e in it , adding last Kszaq aml.autoscript! One clean Sdcard installation! Great!
      Btw, some problems. WiFi not even starting ( it is showed and enabled, but no lan discovered). Ethernet showed, dhcp connected, but I think is very very slow (it is only a FAST one, not Gbit).
      Remote doesn't work ( slim one with 8 buttons and the four directional arrows) - works fine in Android.
      Only one freeze when entering number of seconds to delay Kodi start (waiting for network). The device has been abandoned from Beelink three months after start ( they started producing mxiii-G) and this is a good way to give it a bit more all round use!
      Some test I could perform?
      Anyways, fine build !
      Thanks for your work, wilro_6276 !

Edit: remote works only for resuming from standby ( red light on device ), not for a fresh start ( I have to push the botton on the box if no light ), neither for shutdown !
      Adjusted everything and it works, still NO WIFI ! Will try another build and report.
      Edit 2 : and if there is a "/etc/wifi/config.txt" missing or wrong for my chipset ? But I lack the knowledge to even imagine how this should be done !!!!
      Last edited by vn800art; 02-29-2016, 18:28.

Comment

Thanks for this, but it have a bug. On pvr iptv simple client, the client doesnt show channel categories...i see there is same bug on codesnake release, so probably something wrong in openelec addons..

Comment

Thanks for this, but it have a bug. On pvr iptv simple client, the client doesnt show channel categories...i see there is same bug on codesnake release, so probably something wrong in openelec addons..

Comment

Originally posted by vn800art View Post
            Quote:
            I'm fairly sure the MXIII+ works, My original port for the MX3G was based off of kerber's S82 OE build, so I suspect it will also work - The good news is that it's a fairly painless process to give it a try using dualboot/sdcard - The only gotcha's could be the wifi/ethernet. I have included most of the amlogic device drivers in this kernel, including the ap6335e driver/firmware.

Cheers,
            Hello! Wanted to tell You I used Your build 6.0.1e in it , adding last Kszaq aml.autoscript! One clean Sdcard installation! Great!
            Btw, some problems. WiFi not even starting ( it is showed and enabled, but no lan discovered). Ethernet showed, dhcp connected, but I think is very very slow (it is only a FAST one, not Gbit).
            Remote doesn't work ( slim one with 8 buttons and the four directional arrows) - works fine in Android.
            Only one freeze when entering number of seconds to delay Kodi start (waiting for network). The device has been abandoned from Beelink three months after start ( they started producing mxiii-G) and this is a good way to give it a bit more all round use!
            Some test I could perform?
            Anyways, fine build !
            Thanks for your work, wilro_6276 !

Edit: remote works only for resuming from standby ( red light on device ), not for a fresh start ( I have to push the botton on the box if no light ), neither for shutdown !
            Adjusted everything and it works, still NO WIFI ! Will try another build and report.
            Edit 2 : and if there is a "/etc/wifi/config.txt" missing or wrong for my chipset ? But I lack the knowledge to even imagine how this should be done !!!!
            Hi Alessandro,
            I'm currently building 6.0.2a, which includes kszaq's new aml.script for establishing dual boot. I'm not sure why ethernet would be so poor however (maybe it's using a different ethernet chipset - I have tweaked the stmmac drivers to get decent performance for the MX3G - The config.txt is taken directly out of kerber's build to provide multiple wifi chipset support by default, & as the ap6335 is mentioned, I assumed it would work (In theory, it should). Your remote problem should be resolvable by copying the remote.conf from the android side & placing it into /storage/.config.

The new build is using codesnake's kernel, as I'm still having some troubles with kszaq's one (I'm also uploading a new OE7 test build, now that kodi 16 has been released) - I'd be interested to hear if either of these help with the old MXIII+ (You may want to try kerber's M8S+ build, as It's similar to the MX3G, but uses a different ethernet device, at least

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Looking forward to the new build, though without reason as 6.0.1e is running fantastically . Thanks for this!

Comment

Thanks! wilro_6276 for the complete and exhaustive reply. I have red again OP and second post and after a bit of thinking I believe I will test as first your e, d, c, a builds for Sdcard. Fixing remote as I understand is a second chance to be given to each build if non working, I will concentrate on WiFi/Ethernet and report!
                Alessandro

Comment

Howdy All,

I have uploaded a new test build (http://5.189.137.29/Openelec/MX3G/te...0301111155.zip) based on Openelec 7.0 prerelease which includes kodi 16 release + the latest codesnake kernel + the latest kszaq dual boot method - It is surprisingly stable from my testing (far more so than my 6.0.2a which I'm still tweaking at the moment - It does lack a lot of kodi/kernel tweaks that I'd normally include in my builds, but figured it was worth releasing as is due to it's relative stability - I have tested & confirmed that it will work with a Bluetooth headset (It's just a bit clumsy how to change to headset mode), I have also seen the occasional a/v sync issue, but overall it works quite well!

Enjoy!

Comment

First report: MXIII Plus ( old Beelink model ) => SUCCESS ( for the large part ): 6.0.1A ! All networks working, blazing fast! BT turns on but doesn't find anything. Remote works only for resume from stand by - light on the device remains BLUE even if OE has shut down ( no Red light doh ! ). I charge a large wizard and system is snappier than my NVIDIA SATV ! As I had used aml.script for the previous test, recovery refused to work this time ( no usb working, mose and Logitech k400 dead ! ), so I unplugged and replugged AC, OE started after the second boot ( just like the first time with release 6.0.1e and toothpick method working ! ).
                    Coming back soon !
                    Edit 1 : 6.0.1D: no WiFi, no BT working as before, remote works only as before, light becomes RED if in suspend !
                    More to come
                    Edit 2: 7 devel from 1/3 ( today !) only Ethernet working ( well, must say ), no Wifi, Bluetooth works and hold connection, but I haven't find a way to make it play from TV loudspeakers or send smtg outside ! Stock remote work as before, RED light comes out when shut off.
                    Edit 2/a : I have seen You put aml.autoscript in the file, but OE booted without toothpick method!
                    Thanks again for Your work, Wilro !
                    If You want me to check something I can test in the mornings ( Central European time, btw ) , much easyer than in the afternoons !
                    Alessandro
                    Last edited by vn800art; 03-01-2016, 18:29. Reason: Last forgotten additions

Comment

I put the new build with openelec7 but still don't know how dualboot works-do you have to press something at startup? And second thing is there a way to cut power to usb port after switching off?

Comment

Originally posted by loki7777 View Post
                        I put the new build with openelec7 but still don't know how dualboot works-do you have to press something at startup? And second thing is there a way to cut power to usb port after switching off?

did you follow the instructions in post 2?

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
                          Howdy All,

I have uploaded a new test build (http://5.189.137.29/Openelec/MX3G/te...0301111155.zip) based on Openelec 7.0 prerelease which includes kodi 16 release + the latest codesnake kernel + the latest kszaq dual boot method - It is surprisingly stable from my testing (far more so than my 6.0.2a which I'm still tweaking at the moment - It does lack a lot of kodi/kernel tweaks that I'd normally include in my builds, but figured it was worth releasing as is due to it's relative stability - I have tested & confirmed that it will work with a Bluetooth headset (It's just a bit clumsy how to change to headset mode), I have also seen the occasional a/v sync issue, but overall it works quite well!

Enjoy!

you rock! quick question, when jumping from OE6 to 7, the update method can't be done right? it needs to be toothpicked/flashed?

Comment

Bootloader-yes I have/had openelec from sd - unless nothing changed regarding dual boot and I misreadI thought that we don't have to remove sd card anymore to boot into android.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7777 View Post

Bootloader-yes I have/had openelec from sd - unless nothing changed regarding dual boot and I misreadI thought that we don't have to remove sd card anymore to boot into android.
                              Listen, I am no expert, but I flashed 4 different type of boxes/sticks with Amlogic Socs M/S 805, and S812, no problems now for Sdcard installation with aml.autoscript! Release 7 dtd 1st March from wilro_6276 has all included, you have only to do toothpick way the first time ( if you never used aml.autoscript before). Reboots on Android boot loader two times and goes back to OE (second time). If you take the card off the box it will boot in Android ( you need to have an Android rom on Nand !!).
                              Dual boot as you are telling me is much more dangerous as you have to flash a NEW bootloader on the Android side. No more this, now, I do not even think device is really flashing something!
                              Regards
                              Alessandro
                              Last edited by vn800art; 03-01-2016, 20:23. Reason: Add

Comment

Hello, i tried this lateet and kszaq, in kszaq hdmi cec working..on this one not..anybody with same problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X