[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baalho View Post
    gthebest ,,,> "You need to toothpick/install to update the uenv on the device in order for this to work."
    if you have been dual booting, then its nothing new, just do toothpick/install ...well if you have not, then its a little more involved.

burn the img on a sd card first, then tookpick install.
    for windows:
    http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HO...ge#tab=Windows

today I started from sctract..
    Flashed Android 5.1 stock...then flashed dual boot zip...
    then on one SD have Stable 6.03b
    on another SD chard have OE7 test build.

so far, working like a champ
    thanks Wilro...

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
    Howdy All,

Another OE7 test build posted HERE

This build brings "boot from Nand" option when you have booted into this build from sdcard (thanks kszaq ), so that you can boot off nand without removing your sdcard - You need to toothpick/install to update the uenv on the device in order for this to work.

There have been a few tweaks for kodi + I've changed the default scheduler back to "interactive"

I will release a new OE 6 "stable" build once I'm sure I haven't broken anything else

I have installed Android 5.1 stock and dual boot
    And also I have install 6.03b in my SD card
    I'm dual booting by removing my SD card and when I rebooting my tv box get into android

I still not understand how to update the uevn to dual booting without removing my SD card
    What is the uevn?

Comment

hi there
      i've downloaded 6.95.1 for MX3G and from some reason it dosn't show on my tv in full screen
      i went back to 6.0 and it does work
      i tryed evrey method
      what am i doing wrong?

Comment

Howdy All,

Update "6.0.3c" - This build provides the "Reboot From Nand" option, & uses a near identical kernel to my latest test build.

Toothpick/boot is required to enable the extra uenv variables required for this to work correctly (unless you have already done so with the latest test_build) - No prior releases to this & my latest test_builds have the necessary drivers to allow reboot from nand functionality!

Thanks to kszaq for providing this functionality - I have merely modified it slightly to suit the MX3G

Cheer!

Comment

Howdy All,

Update "6.0.3c" - This build provides the "Reboot From Nand" option, & uses a near identical kernel to my latest test build.

Toothpick/boot is required to enable the extra uenv variables required for this to work correctly (unless you have already done so with the latest test_build) - No prior releases to this & my latest test_builds have the necessary drivers to allow reboot from nand functionality!

Thanks to kszaq for providing this functionality - I have merely modified it slightly to suit the MX3G

Cheer!
          hello
          I just update to 6.0.3c but when I choose to reboot from Nand it's rebooting again to Openelec. Where is this kernel you say to install with toothpick/boot? Now I have the "OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip" installed.

Update : Everything is fine! It's my mistake!
          Last edited by gthebest; 03-29-2016, 13:32.

Comment

I am a newbie when it comes to Openelec. I have read thru this forum and cannot seem to find answer to my question. So here is my question.....
            Is there any way to flash Openelec to my MXiii-G`s internal Nand rather than using the DualBoot method with a SD Card, If so can someone point me in the direction on how to do this.

Thanks,

Comment

gthebest I have added a note to post #2 for updating/restoring uenv/dual boot functionality.

sinister Post #2 now includes a note on installing to Nand as well as sdcard.

Comment

gthebest I have added a note to post #2 for updating/restoring uenv/dual boot functionality.

Thanks for the update... Just one more question, is it possible to flash back to Android if the Nand was flashed to Openelec?

Thanks Again!

Comment

Me I just make a SD card by the Win32DiskImager with the OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-6.0.3c.img and I put it in my TV Box. I turn it on, it makes the installing and when I choose the power button there is the option for boot with Nand. I choose it and it's restarting to Android!

Comment

going to flip MXIII G to openelec what version is most stable was going to either us the zip or tarq, I don't want android any more the stock firm ware suck and I can't seem to get the Tronsmart on keep getting error

Comment

okay I read all these post , so the latest stable version is 6.0.3c I believe with Jarvis installed. This will be my first attempt with openelec, not wanting to do the dual mode so I will just download the zip and copy it to a fresh format micro sd card and let it do its work right.. after the install can you add a custom build, also can I run my iptv service through this in the kodi version for android you were able to

Comment

Well, you should consider these posts, to be sure of what you have in your hands atm:
                        Fake MXIII-G flooding the market beware. How to tell inside... AND:
                        Geekbuying selling fake MXIII-G devices
                        I can add, if Hw is well made, you can do all that you said, including IPTV, custom Kodi builds.
                        Regards
                        Alessandro

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by vn800art View Post
                          Well, you should consider these posts, to be sure of what you have in your hands atm:
                          I can add, if Hw is well made, you can do all that you said, including IPTV, custom Kodi builds.
                          Regards
                          Alessandro

Alessandro so I just want openelec on my MXIII G bought it from gearbest I don't want the option of dual booting, also would like Jarvis instead of isengard so I was think og downloading 6.0.3c zip do a tooth pic install by putting these file on a freshly formatted sd Card, then I just want to us one of the custom kodi buld that is provide from the areswizard, and then finally just set up my iptv service from my paid provider. THis should work or should I use a different openelec

Comment

So, I want you to be sure you have tried all you could to have the best out of two worlds, then try this on android:
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...odi-15-2/page3
                            To have the best OE it is not necessary to have Lollipop, KK is enough even for Sdcard installation.
                            I always prefer double OS possibilities, instead of one. Atm I stopped going on upgrading because I am packing everything for moving in a short time. And last builds have also double boot facilities!
                            I think last builds are Sdcard only, but I may be wrong.
                            I have no way to tell if your HW is solid, you should check the two threads I gave as example, always here on Freak tab!
                            Wilro and Kszaq builds are the most comprehensive ones, so do not worry.
                            My custom wizard build is really heavy, working nevertheless well on Android, too, but not so fast as on OE. Mxiii Plus, Mxiii G, mk808b+, Mxq S85 and Mini Mx S905.
                            Regards
                            Alessandro

Comment

Originally posted by pithboss1972 View Post
                              okay I read all these post , so the latest stable version is 6.0.3c I believe with Jarvis installed. This will be my first attempt with openelec, not wanting to do the dual mode so I will just download the zip and copy it to a fresh format micro sd card and let it do its work right.. after the install can you add a custom build, also can I run my iptv service through this in the kodi version for android you were able to
                              Hello pithboss1972,

The stable builds (OE6) use Kodi 15.2, whereas the beta/test builds (OE7) use kodi 16. If you want to run a particular version of kodi, then you must install the appropriate version of OE - OpenELEC is very different to android, custom builds of the core components cannot be installed/upgraded (in OE kodi is a core component of the system, but optional to install in android, for example) The most common addons (like iptv) are supported in both OE versions, however, there are many android specific addons that will not work.

My current OE7 test builds are quite stable (I'm using it full time on my box), but I don't use any addons/usb devices in my environment.

Trying the different versions on a sdcard is the easiest way to find out what works best for you, without any risk to the installed android system - Once you are happy with OE, you can just backup it's settings, do a clean install to nand & then restore the sdcard backup to the nand installation. (I use several sdcards, to swap between the stable/test builds, & leave the nand for when I've decided a newer stable version is "stable" enough to become my new fallback stable system

Comment

Originally posted by vn800art View Post
                                Regards
                                Alessandro

I recently had to pickup a new one for a friend, ironically it cost me near the same I paid for my original one 6+ months ago (~$60US), & is indeed identical to my one - Funny how these boxes are maintaining a higher price than the newer S905 boxes

Comment

Working...
                                X