Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q-BOX Amlogic S905 4K KODI TV Box 2G/16G 2.4G+5G WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 KODI Dolby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should work as long as supply the same. I think uk plug voltage different. I looking in drawers i know i had one some place that had adapter to usa plug...
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Most of the ones I have state that wide input voltage, and since these are switching type power supplies, frequency from 50Hz to 60Hz should not be a concern. The Plug adapters I have seen used for these Power supplies are simple and contain no circuitry. They just change the physical layout of the blades.

Comment

Found spare power supply ill just have to change connector 😏😁
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Multi Voltage device 110 ~240v
          Just got to jam them BIG UK pins in to that wall outlet,
          Use a power pack from another box 5vdc/ 2A, standard(now there something we don't see) large barrel may have have a slightly thinner centre pin

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Glad you found a solution. I was going to suggest using the one from the R-Box....but.....

Comment

hello, everyone! new here, but since i got some good info from here, thought i should give some back as well.
              so, got this q box off amazon uk, 50 quid. i too had to change the uk plug, i have done that by cutting the uk pins altogether then i used a european pc cable, cut it to the base, soldered the wires inside and glued the base of the cable to the adapter. took a bit of tinkering but looks as from factory. if i get a chance i'll post a photo of it.
              then, no issue for me with the wifi antenna, full bars as it is, stuck to the base inside.
              box came rooted, so from there i just did as i do on all my rooted devices, removing whatever unwanted system apps. among these, i deleted the awfull, i think, launcher and replaced it with top tv launcher that i got from the play store for a buck fifty and i totally recommend it as it is highly customisable. so this is now the default and only launcher on this box.
              i can also tell you that i have succesfully installed twrp recovery and used it to do a nandroid backup, this is actually the first thing i have done. i used this https://twrp.me/devices/minixneou1.html.
              so, from here on, sky's the limit with what i can do with this box.
              as for the led lights, some time it gets stuck on the blue light only and no longer reacts to the led change button on the remote. i actually hate that, as i liked it when it was working, it could be blue, green, light blue, sequence of these three and off and it would also go down on intensity after a while on the set color. it doesn't anymore, it's just stuck for now on high blue. i wish there was an app to control this.
              well, that's all from me. hope this gives some insight for some. but all in all, i am quite happy with it.

Comment

Please do post photo of it. I got uk plug as well i found another adaptor from old mk902ii that should work. Thanks in advance.

Comment

scooter2014, i'm thinking of buying this box as well, can you let us know what you think about it when you have done some testing with it ?

Comment

Originally posted by carianis View Post
                    hello, everyone! new here, but since i got some good info from here, thought i should give some back as well.
                    so, got this q box off amazon uk, 50 quid. i too had to change the uk plug, i have done that by cutting the uk pins altogether then i used a european pc cable, cut it to the base, soldered the wires inside and glued the base of the cable to the adapter. took a bit of tinkering but looks as from factory. if i get a chance i'll post a photo of it.
                    then, no issue for me with the wifi antenna, full bars as it is, stuck to the base inside.
                    box came rooted, so from there i just did as i do on all my rooted devices, removing whatever unwanted system apps. among these, i deleted the awfull, i think, launcher and replaced it with top tv launcher that i got from the play store for a buck fifty and i totally recommend it as it is highly customisable. so this is now the default and only launcher on this box.
                    i can also tell you that i have succesfully installed twrp recovery and used it to do a nandroid backup, this is actually the first thing i have done. i used this https://twrp.me/devices/minixneou1.html.
                    so, from here on, sky's the limit with what i can do with this box.
                    as for the led lights, some time it gets stuck on the blue light only and no longer reacts to the led change button on the remote. i actually hate that, as i liked it when it was working, it could be blue, green, light blue, sequence of these three and off and it would also go down on intensity after a while on the set color. it doesn't anymore, it's just stuck for now on high blue. i wish there was an app to control this.
                    well, that's all from me. hope this gives some insight for some. but all in all, i am quite happy with it.

have you tried installing openelect ? also is the play store working? and have you tried to download the latest kodi version? have you experienced any bugs, besides the light issue? and is fast going through the menus? and how do you think the remote is? is it working good with kodi?

Comment

Originally posted by Macen View Post
                      scooter2014, i'm thinking of buying this box as well, can you let us know what you think about it when you have done some testing with it ?
                      Will do excited about getting this one.

Comment

by any chance you can do a short little review today? because of you like it, i will order it today ^^

Comment

further to my post above, i've attached photos of the uk - european adapter conversion. one can also use a samsung adapter plus usb - jack cable as in the second photo. last photo is of the home screen, that is the top tv launcher. i have deleted the kodi that the box came with and installed kodi 17 nightly instead. i don't really use the remote it came with, i use this air mouse https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. google play and everything else works, no bugs, fast as well. hope this answers all your questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	580453 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	580454 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	580461

Comment

Still wIting for it to arrive 😁

Comment

I just ordered one as well, with eu plug, and eu warehouse, and fast shipping, so hopefully it will be here fast

Comment

lights working again after reinstating the original launcher sunvellwin8launcher

Comment

Working...
                                X