Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The android fw uses kernel 3.14.29. I have also tried to rename and copy the q200_2gb.dtb from your /dtb directory to /dtb.img, but it has failed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybee View Post
      The android fw uses kernel 3.14.29. I have also tried to rename and copy the q200_2gb.dtb from your /dtb directory to /dtb.img, but it has failed as well.
      Have you tried to write the image to a USB flash drive and run WITHOUT dtb file ?

Comment

Still the same. Superceleron boot loader's image are seen, after that the hdmi signal is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybee View Post
          Still the same. Superceleron boot loader's image are seen, after that the hdmi signal is lost.
          It seems that without connecting the console UART , it will be difficult to understand, in what place an error.

Comment

I have a Vega S95 meta running Armbian_5.24_Vegas95_Debian_jessie_3.14.79_2017012 5.img.xz from a USB Flash Drive. Is there a way to transfer this image to emmc flash and boot from there without the USB Flash Drive?

Comment

Originally posted by pakis_ch View Post
              I have a Vega S95 meta running Armbian_5.24_Vegas95_Debian_jessie_3.14.79_2017012 5.img.xz from a USB Flash Drive. Is there a way to transfer this image to emmc flash and boot from there without the USB Flash Drive?
              For version images on the basis of "3.14.79" while there is no automatic procedure of installation to the internal memory. Installation is only possible manually.

Comment

Update ver 20170220 3.14.29 and 3.14.79
                fix error script

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                  Update ver 20170220 3.14.29 and 3.14.79
                  fix error script
                  Which script did you fix?
                  Thanks for great work!

Comment

Did http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012/device_trees/ contains dtb.img files
                    for S905 devices only? I need such file for S905X to boot inux from SD card.
                    I have S905X based box with 2G/16G RAM, 1Gb Ethernet, Broadcomm Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by vlaryg View Post
                      Did http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012/device_trees/ contains dtb.img files
                      for S905 devices only? I need such file for S905X to boot inux from SD card.
                      I have S905X based box with 2G/16G RAM, 1Gb Ethernet, Broadcomm Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
                      gxl_p212 ones are S905X. you could try gxl_p212_2g

Comment

Version Armbian "5.26".

Comment

Hi,

Just a little question. I know it has been ask at the beginning of this thread but could not find any update using the search button.

Is there a way to run a desktop and libreelec at the same time (with a user selection on boot or with a script to restart in libreelec from a desktop and vice-versa)?

If yes, could it be possible to use a specific version of librelec as there is one customed for k1 plus including analog audio and some dtv tuner support?

Thanks for all (newbie here)

Comment

1. When run from removable media menu item, turn off , restart in
                            2 NAND. The presence of restart mode in NAND depends on Assembly version (if the author added this mode when assembling the image).

Comment

Ok thanks balbes. Yes it is to run only on a usb drive as I want to keep Android for some specific streaming apps.

So I will have to have two different images (see two usb drives)? One for librelec and the other for armbian or any other desktop (I think your image includes five of them)?

My goal was two put both of them on the same usb drive...

The librelec k1 plus version here.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                                I'm looking for users to test the installation Armbian in the internal memory, which is connected to the console UART. In their models of TV boxes I've tested the installation to the internal memory. It works for me. Now I need to check how will be the process of installation on other devices. First of all I'm interested in the values of the variables in u-boot. Depends on the contents of the installation script. With care you can try to install to the internal memory without a console UART, but then I need a USB cable for reprogramming the device in case of errors in the installation process.
                                I am trying to run Armbian from internal memory on MXQ Pro 4K. After succesfuly copying files using install.sh script i'm getting this errors:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

The log above come from ttl console output, but on the screen I see also sth like this:

Code:
                                Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
                                 - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
                                    - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
                                    - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
                                 - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules: ls /dev)
                                ALERT!  /dev/data /does not exists. Dropping to a shell!
                                printenv gives this: http://pastebin.com/tLLyZsLh

It would be nice if you take a look at this. Meybe you will find the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X