Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txxx

OUCH... this is gonna make me crazy... I'm starting to wonder what's the best piece of hardware for these softwares... maybe it's too early and the technology will step up but now looks like only a windows pc can avoid problems over problems...

Yes I know, I'm new here and don't want to get a slapped wrist for going off topic, so this is the last post I'll make on this.. see post #950 - #955 on the kodi hyperlink I posted earlier for more details on refresh rate problems which is on all Android apps. Including Netflix.

I think it's a fair to say most of the manufacturers of these Chinese "unofficially licenced "Android boxes would be lost without forums like Freaktab, and custom Rom maker's.
    And thank goodness for LibreElec !

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Invisable; 02-07-2017, 22:22.

Comment

Lost is an understatement.... More like being hunted like people running from 100000 zombies.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

My box was soft bricked out of the the packing. It was stuck on bootloader, I tried SD card zip but complained of errors. I then tried USB burning tool with image from XDA forums but gets stuck at 9%. I ordered 2gig version but according to box its the 1gig. I am now stuck at this point.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by red1928
          My box was soft bricked out of the the packing. It was stuck on bootloader, I tried SD card zip but complained of errors. I then tried USB burning tool with image from XDA forums but gets stuck at 9%. I ordered 2gig version but according to box its the 1gig. I am now stuck at this point.

Here is the error that shows in burning tool. Err]--[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error result. I have tried 2 different cables, I wonder if their is a different factory image for 1gb version.

Comment

hi, has anybody got an "update.zip" version of the latest official update_MINIM8SII_rv109 firmware that can be used with the standard update & backup tool

Comment

Originally posted by vinella View Post
              hi, has anybody got an "update.zip" version of the latest official update_MINIM8SII_rv109 firmware that can be used with the standard update & backup tool
              You mean this one ?

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry56157206
              Last edited by LostEchoes; 02-13-2017, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post
                thanks i installed this but it boots up as VONTAR??? now - is this the official version

Comment

Hi,

I have one mini m8s II with the stock rom, I want to flash a modded rom but I want to do it via sd card, also if I install a modded rom I have to wipe all my data??
                  I confused in all this topics and I can't find solutions.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. You will lose your data. When I find a mod that I want to try, I use ES File Manager to backup all my apps and I do a full Kodi backup to a USB stick of a NAS device.. I then recover my apps & Kodi after flashing the mod.
                    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by vinella View Post

thanks i installed this but it boots up as VONTAR??? now - is this the official version
                      I haven't tried it.
                      It supposedly is the official version (according to the Russian forum).
                      If everything works then you have nothing to worry about.

p.s. Vontar Mini M8S II is the russian name that this box is sold with. Look at the link:

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/VONTA...692512229.html

Comment

Hello all, new here. I have this device and also have green and pink screen issue as earlier mentioned from other member.
                        Does this new firmware update solve this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by muljito View Post
                          Hello all, new here. I have this device and also have green and pink screen issue as earlier mentioned from other member.
                          Does this new firmware update solve this issue?
                          hello

Unfortunately the last firmware does not solve the issue

But, There is a fix with LibreElec if you want to use the box mainly for Kodi !
                          Hi, I use version 005 of your S905 build on an OTT MXQ Pro 4k (p200). With my older Philips TV, the picture goes green or pink from time to time. Apparently, this is some problem with the hdmi handshake and can be circumvented by forcing the hdmi…

For Android, this is a software issue and there is no need for a HDMI VGA RCA converter, we just need some kind of genius that could apply the force rgb fix for android !

Comment

Hello all.
                            Has anyone encountered issues regarding android's interface freezing after a reboot ? It's like the interface gets unresponsive to the remote control and any mouse I've tried.
                            In my case it happens like on 3 out of 5 times after a reboot. Some times it also happens when I turn the box on (very few).

It does not happen when I choose to Fast/Hot reboot via a Reboot App (from the Play Store).
                            Furthermore I do not have this issue when I use LibreElec installed on my microSD card.

Now considering that Fast/Hot reboot only restarts the OS / Android Software, without actually turning off and on the box, this makes me wonder if the issue lies with the way the firmware handles the turning Off and On of the box.

I have this issue both with the stock ROM and with Xannytech's ROM. The only way to surpass it is to unplug the power adapter from the box and then re-plug it. Then the box reboots with no issues.

Has anyone else encountered this problem ?

p.s. Only solution for me is to have the turn Off key to suspend the box instead of turning it off and use Fast/Hot reboot instead of real reboot, but this is a temporary solution and not a fix.

Comment

I just purchased another one of these boxes (I've had about 3-4) and I tried flashing the firmware using USB Burning Tool, but it keeps getting stuck formatting at 7% and eventually stops with an error saying: "[0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/send command/Time out".

Anyone know why it's not updating, or what this error is?

I've updated my box several times using the same method... it's just this one box giving me issues.

Using v2.0.8 fwiw.
                              Last edited by rahzel; 02-21-2017, 00:52.

Comment

To follow up on my above post, my box appears to be bricked now.

Does anyone know how I can un-brick it?

Comment

Working...
                                X