No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry cant see nan Forsee chip show back side and front of board. Think this board has holes that act as short out.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

These any better?
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Kalebroc, can you post on imgur or another site. One that doesn't scale them down to potato size? It will make things a lot easier.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry about the photos, I've uploaded proper ones here - https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj02sMOi4_lyg5Ba_Ui_rgcpJ-uREQ
          Thank you for all the help .

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            The 'fix' is to play a 4k video. This will change the RGB mode from 0-255 to 16-235. In layman's terms, it will look brighter.

There are custom roms in the firmware section that have this 'fix' built into the splash screen, so every time you boot-up the box, it will automatically set it brighter.
            I'm not sure this is true about the 4K video. If you download the suggested link with the zip of the videos you will see that most of them (if not all - I don't have them with me now as I'm at work), are not 4K but 720p & 1080p. So maybe the goal is to have a HD video at the splash screen, not necessarily a 4K one. Could someone confirm this?

Comment

4K video definitely triggers the brightness change. Whether or not a 720p or 1080p video triggers it, I dunno... I haven't tested.

I leave my Mini M8S II on 24/7, but I store a small 4k video clip to change the brightness for in case the power goes out / box resets.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexxx79 View Post

Firmware rv_109 - 30.11.2016 from Vontar mini m8s+ CD card method

And the same version of official firmware for Vontar Mini m8s+ for upgrade method with SD card and recovery. Forks fine on mini m8s II 2/8gb.

Extract the files from the archive.
                copy update.zip file to TF-card (make sure it is FAT32 format), then run Update&Backup app to update system by local.

Thanks #Vidim!
                Hi all from Barcelona, what we have to extract, the file update.zip from "SD_MiniM8S+_rv109.zip" or the content inside update.zip?
                Updating from usb pendrive is the same than updating from TF-card?
                Thanks in advance

Comment

FYI, it seems that we have new stock firmware versions for this box:

Version 112 for Mini M8S II TV Box: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-3.html

Version 111 for Mini M8S II TV Box: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....mallow-60.html

Version 110 for Mini M8s II TV Box: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....mallow-60.html

Does anyone know if and where we could find the changelog for these new versions ?

Comment

All of the links show the 1GB version... does it matter?

Anyone try them out yet? Would be awesome if they fixed the brightness issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                      All of the links show the 1GB version... does it matter?

Anyone try them out yet? Would be awesome if they fixed the brightness issue.
                      According to Magendanz the brightness issue seems to be fixed (via the bootvideo workaround - a tip that most devs and users around here have already implemented into their custom roms, for months now).

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...roid-tv/page14

I haven't tried these new firmwares (I currently use XannyTech's custom rom), but I could pretty much guess that the new firmwares are for both the 1/8 and the 2/16 versions for the box.
                      There is no reason the manufacturers of the box would release firmwares only for the 1/8 version.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I think I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Update: I've just flashed the 112 firmware without any issues on my Mini M8S II 2/16.

p.s. FYI: I find It is still bloated and I will go back to Xannytech's clear and fast custom rom.

Comment

Flashed on my 2/8 box without issues so far.

Firmware is considerably bigger and there's definitely a lot more bloat. Everything can easily be installed, and it does in fact 'fix' the brightness with Megabox's splash screen. Good enough for me I guess.

Comment

1. Is there a way to upgrade from r109 to r112 without lost data/app? (I think by SD)
                              2. Is there a changelog?

Comment

Just to let you know that i also upgraded my Mini M8S II to rv112.
                                i did it from a microsd card using the burn card maker.
                                this crappy software didn't want to format the sd card, so i formatted it in windows to fat32 before writing.
                                After writing it takes 5 or 10 minutes to fully load the first time.
                                That was little bit scary ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X