Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by array81 View Post

There is a blue screen boot with 4K logo. I don't know if it fix brightness bug.
    How did you install this from sdcard? Did you use the built in update app, or did you use sdcard maker?

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
      How did you install this from sdcard? Did you use the built in update app, or did you use sdcard maker?
      Inside update.zip there is another update.zip. I have extract the second update.zip then copy it on SD and use the Update app.

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post

Inside update.zip there is another update.zip. I have extract the second update.zip then copy it on SD and use the Update app.
        Hmm weird, that's what I did and it didn't work... I got an error when trying to flash, then it left me in recovery.

Only difference is I'm using a USB drive formatted to fat32. I'm also running megabox's v112 FWIW.

I'll give an sd card a shot.

edit: Didn't work either, hmm.
        Last edited by rahzel; 07-08-2017, 09:59.

Comment

i had ver 109 installed on my box.
          updating through stock recovery didn't work.
          so i have first installed twrp 3.1.1.0 ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZwNCL9pqWEsLDw_hg )
          then i could install ver 115 through twrp without any problems.

i have used this file to update:
          Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            Hmm weird, that's what I did and it didn't work... I got an error when trying to flash, then it left me in recovery.

Only difference is I'm using a USB drive formatted to fat32. I'm also running megabox's v112 FWIW.

I'll give an sd card a shot.

edit: Didn't work either, hmm.
            Inside 2017_06_01.rar there is update.zip, inside update.zip there is another update.zip. I have extract the second update.zip and copy it on SD FAT32, then I have use update app and select the update.zip. After reboot I get an error about update. From recovery I have select the update.zip of SD card then the update has been installed.

Comment

Yeah tried that too, still didn't work. Might try TWRP but really box runs fine for me with v112.

Comment

I see some custom firmware have built-in solutions for this box.
                I have found for the "ENTER" key, also for permissions of writing the applications. And autoframe rate in kodi
                There are many missing, like writing permissions without adding permission one by one all the apk.
                Remove the top navigation bar on youtube.
                Add button closes all to recent applications.
                Troubleshoot RGB.
                Solve contrast brightness.
                And some more

As I say some custom firmware have these integrated solutions but I would like to fix it in my official firmware and not have to flash. Some solutions are in another forum 4PDA but the files are no longer.
                It would be interesting to make a message with all these solutions. An index to be able to find it easy.

Comment

I have update the Youtube for Android TV to 2.00.17. The new version works very well but doesn't support input from air mouse I can control it only by keyboard.
                  Any ideas? (firmware r115)

Comment

Originally posted by hsrn View Post
                    i had ver 109 installed on my box.
                    updating through stock recovery didn't work.
                    so i have first installed twrp 3.1.1.0 ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZwNCL9pqWEsLDw_hg )
                    then i could install ver 115 through twrp without any problems.

i have used this file to update:
                    https://yadi.sk/d/ojqQlkM43JsXmy
                    How can i install the twrp 3.1.1.0? I still have the 1.06 firmware if i remember right. The one i install via OTA. From there i haven't received any other. I was reading that this tv box has 2 versions. Is that 1.15 firmware functional in both these 2 versions?

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

How can i install the twrp 3.1.1.0? I still have the 1.06 firmware if i remember right. The one i install via OTA. From there i haven't received any other. I was reading that this tv box has 2 versions. Is that 1.15 firmware functional in both these 2 versions?

save the recovery on a sd card. and put it in the box.
                      check if you have root access.
                      install twrp app from play store. that's what i have used (or use flashify or any other app).
                      install twrp recovery within the twrp app from file (which is on sd card).

Comment

the latest version of MINI M8S II box is 115

Comment

Originally posted by AZW View Post
                          the latest version of MINI M8S II box is 115
                          Can we install it on every version of this box because I read that this model has 2 versions.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

Can we install it on every version of this box because I read that this model has 2 versions.
                            yes, there are 2 versions, but they have same firmware, it's compatible.

Comment

Which is the link and the procedure to follow?
                              Is the same as posts #879 & #880???

Comment

Ok guys I updated my box to 115.
                                For the people who have problems, I used the link from post #868
                                and the procedure from #872.
                                The link from post #874 didn't work for me.

Edit: Also checked play store and is updated too. So everything is ok now.
                                Last edited by soulfunkdjx; 08-02-2017, 14:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X