No announcement yet.

Purchased Xgody X96 2G/16G from ****.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes i used an sd card but left all 3 files on the card, so no i did the opposite of what he said in the link, i think i tried it that way and it didn't work but from previous experience i knew that the 3 files method worked, at least with some images...

Inserted card in box, pulled power out, pressed and held tiny button in av port, plugged in power while still holding av button down, waited for small android dude then stopped pressing the av port button down and waited for it to finish, then used es explorer to swap the remote.conf files around.

I'm not too sure that your remote.conf of the other box will work, it may but its the home button seems to be mapped to the wrong directory because of a different file structure on the new firmware you installed (at a guess), because as i said the home button on my air remote still works, i had never tried the air remote before the flash so i don't know if the home button would of worked with the old firmware, my guess is it wouldn't of.

EDIT: Pm me an email address and i will send you the the remote.conf files i have, you will just have to try them until you get lucky.

Bassit.

Comment

A95X image works fine on my X96 device with 2GB/16GB. A95x image burned via USB
      Bassit will drop you a PM later

Comment

I installed the update.zip linked from the start of the thread to try root mine and then it said error so I unplugged it then plugged it back in and it just hangs on the x96 screen now. Any way to fix this?

Update: I managed to get nexbox firmware running but wasn't too happy with how it ran. Apart from getting a remote.conf and the home button not working, it seemed extremely slow compared to the original firmware.

Anyway I made a USB a to a cable and flashed firmware I found on this thread then it turned out to be already rooted. I even got an OTA update and it remained rooted. Pretty happy with this x96 now, it seems fast enough. Much faster than my old MXQ s805 that only had 1gb of ram.

I forgot to mention I have the 2G 16G version also.

Maybe the nexbox firmware would run better if I gave it a chance and uninstalled bloatware but it just seemed really slow and laggy compared to the x96 firmware I'm running now.
        Last edited by steocullen91; 01-24-2017, 03:12.
        "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

For anybody that's running an x96 or similar on stock firmware and can't get a navbar or notifications you just need to replace SystemUI.apk with another one like the a95x one which has to be placed in the directory system\priv-app\SystemUI

I've tried different firmwares but either always had a display problem in kodi or spmc or a problem with the remote. My only problem on stock was having no notification bar and being unable to check unread notifications or navigate as easily due to it.

I used Amlogic customization tool and put the systemui.apk from a nexbox a95x rom into it and flashed it but you should be able to just use a file explorer if you're rooted.

Obviously I'm gonna change from the stock launcher to another one too though but everything should work 100% on an x96 this way

Comment

Thanks for the above.

The latest version of the nexbox firmware hasn't got a nav bar, the previous 1 did but it appears they decided it wasn't needed anymore for some unknown reason ?...And i would like it back, cheers...

There is also a codec missing from the nexbox firmware , its needed to do any kind of screen recording, without it you end up with green videos every time, i am desperate to be able to record my actions on an andriod box and couldn't get this to work, i managed to get the correct file in place but still green videos every time, after a bit more reading i think it has something to do with the codec file having incorrect memory information or something along those lines.

I don't suppose you could help with this issue could you??

EDIT: None of the "go to developer videos on YouTube" work, they are all for android 5, it doesn't work on 6 or at least on the x2 boxes i tried with, the developer settings are different than all of the videos.

The driver is libvdcodecdrv.so, and it sits in system\lib.
            Last edited by Bassit; 01-27-2017, 21:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassit View Post
              Thanks for the above.

The latest version of the nexbox firmware hasn't got a nav bar, the previous 1 did but it appears they decided it wasn't needed anymore for some unknown reason ?...And i would like it back, cheers...

There is also a codec missing from the nexbox firmware , its needed to do any kind of screen recording, without it you end up with green videos every time, i am desperate to be able to record my actions on an andriod box and couldn't get this to work, i managed to get the correct file in place but still green videos every time, after a bit more reading i think it has something to do with the codec file having incorrect memory information or something along those lines.

I don't suppose you could help with this issue could you??

EDIT: None of the "go to developer videos on YouTube" work, they are all for android 5, it doesn't work on 6 or at least on the x2 boxes i tried with, the developer settings are different than all of the videos.

The driver is libvdcodecdrv.so, and it sits in system\lib.
              I'll try have a look into it and see if I can figure anything out. At the minute I'm trying to get auto refresh rate switching to work on kodi so if a video is 25 or 50fps it'll switch to 50hz etc. They seem to have a lot of little bugs. I've only had mine a few days and I've been messing about reflashing it non stop with different roms The xannytech one seems the best out of them all so far for my x96 but I'm still having the issue with refresh rate switching and I have to use SPMC because kodi 16 makes me have to hard reboot by switching to the wrong resolution. I tried other ones but the a95x Frankenstein one the remote wouldn't work at all even with the correct remote.conf.

Comment

Received mine today it's compact and smooth could be a contender over my sunvell T95U

Sent from Xiaomi MiPad 1

Comment

hi all,for those of you playing with various firmware on X96, here is the way back to X96 stock firmware which can be burned using Amlogic USB Burning tool. It is meant for 1GB8GB version but works well on 2GB16GB (tested bymyself0. It is rooted and stable.

Comment

Finding a actual clean down load proving complicted for the 2/16
                    Last edited by scooter2014; 02-26-2017, 23:49.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Finding a actual clean down load proving complicted for the 2/16
                      There's a couple of roms on a baidu link but I don't think they're stock (mbox boot logo). The one that I did find was probably just the 1/8 version. I couldn't so much originally because the box came not rooted.

Comment

Well some good News looks like Pharjister ATV rom works fine on this device. I have both 1/8 and 2/16 (Thanks to geekbuying screw up) But anyways smooth and responsive on this device with Atv only down fall is remote doesnt work and Ill check to see if can use files from x96 firmware to get that working but dont count on it couldnt get it working on the rupa so dont think it will work on x96. but ill try....

Everything seems to work fine on it and have few extras like voice search (If you can get mic working. but all in nice firmware.
                        Once geekbuying provides a link to the 2/16 firmware may be able to pull some more options out of the rom and make it a bit better but for costs nice device. bt missing I can live with.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I post some very good news about this device very soon. but thanks to some awsome freaktab devs yet again

Comment

Has anyone run into issues where keyboard and mouse stop responding until you unplug/replug them? I ordered my x96 from AliExpress bundled with an "i8" keyboard. I find sometimes the keyboard stops responding and I have to unplug the receiver to get it to work again. Not sure if it's firmware related, as I'm running the stock firmware and dual booting LibreElec. Under LibreElec, if the keyboard doesn't work, I simply turn the keyboard off and back on and that seems to resolve it. The stock remote works fine though.

I'm planning to try the X96 Magendanz ROM, but want to backup the stock firmware first. I may also try the keyboard on a PC to see if it gives me any problems there.

Comment

Everytime I update the firmware, it tells me I only have a 1 gb box but the box originally registered 2gb. I have tried various updates

Comment

It was 2/16 when you first get it???

Comment

Working...
                                X