X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading BubuXP post, this is the firmware he used on the TX5 Pro to get TWRP installed.
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/

EDIT#

You need firmware version 20160809. Seems newer version of the TX5 Pro firmware disables the ability to boot from SD.
    Last edited by pinguy; 10-12-2016, 12:55. Reason: new info.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post

Sounds like it is an issue with the recovery. Is there a TWRP for the TX5 Pro you know of? Once you get TWRP installed flashing LibreELEC is a piece of cake.

EDIT#

This guy got TWRP onto the TX5 Pro. Its the same one I linked to.
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...595#post594595 Post 19

Also never tried. But have you tried putting TWRP onto the USB Flash Drive? No clue if it will work, but no harm in trying.
      I meant to say TX5 Pro lol

I've tried a version of TWRP listed on the Librelec site too and still no joy, for completely unknown reasons.

Hopefully somebody on here with a TX5 Pro will try and see what happens for them.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I meant to say TX5 Pro lol

I've tried a version of TWRP listed on the Librelec site too and still no joy, for completely unknown reasons.

Hopefully somebody on here with a TX5 Pro will try and see what happens for them.
        You need firmware version 20160805 PC Upgrade. Seems newer version of the TX5 Pro firmware disabled the ability to boot from SD.
        Last edited by pinguy; 10-12-2016, 13:47.

Comment

You need firmware version 20160809. Seems newer version of the TX5 Pro firmware disabled the ability to boot from SD.
          Thanks.

I'll give that a shot.

Comment

Thanks.

I'll give that a shot.
            Any luck??

Comment

Any luck??
              Sadly no.

Same as before.

Comment

Sadly no.

Same as before.
                Best bet is to ask here. These guys have got TWRP working on the TX5 Pro: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...scussion/page4

Comment

Best bet is to ask here. These guys have got TWRP working on the TX5 Pro: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...scussion/page4
                  Already tried that version.

Very odd indeed.

Comment

Already tried that version.

Very odd indeed.
                    Reading that thread 20160805 can boot from the SD. What they are doing is burning the 20160805 image to the box then updating via the SD to the 20160813 rar. That way they don't loose the the ability to boot from SD.

Have you tried re-downloading TWRP? It might of got corrupted.

The MD5 is: 46cb115fbe0d31c4ed3db72179963003

Comment

I tried a few TWRP's but none worked.

So I pulled the box apart and pressed the reset button from there and at last, it worked.

The reset button is out of sync with the pin hole.

So now have Librelec installed.

Phew!

Comment

I tried a few TWRP's but none worked.

So I pulled the box apart and pressed the reset button from there and at last, it worked.

The reset button is out of sync with the pin hole.

So now have Librelec installed.

Phew!
                        Awesome!

You got me worried for awhile. I thought there was something broken. At least I know now that there is nothing wrong with LibreELEC and TWRP.

Comment

Awesome!

You got me worried for awhile. I thought there was something broken. At least I know now that there is nothing wrong with LibreELEC and TWRP.
                          Yes I was thinking the same thing for a while too.

Comment

Yes I was thinking the same thing for a while too.
                            If you want to test out a kodi build. This is one I put together. Install as zip in kodi then run the wizard.

Comment

If you want to test out a kodi build. This is one I put together. Install as zip in kodi then run the wizard.
                              Thanks. I'll give that a try later.

Nice to see HDMI CEC actually working properly.

Using the version posted by the OP I have found some immediate issues though.

Attempting to play 4K files the screen goes black and the TV loses signal until I switch to TV and back to the HDMI source and even then it can take quite a few seconds for the Kodi interface to return.

Turning off CEC on the TV does not change this behaviour.

1080P and below works very well and produces smooth playback, as does HDMI audio passthrough and auto frame rate adjust working well.

Tried a couple of the latest releases but the same issues are present.

Good to see it working though and I'm sure that it will improve steadily.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try later.

Nice to see HDMI CEC actually working properly.

Using the version posted by the OP I have found some immediate issues though.

Attempting to play 4K files the screen goes black and the TV loses signal until I switch to TV and back to the HDMI source and even then it can take quite a few seconds for the Kodi interface to return.

Turning off CEC on the TV does not change this behaviour.

1080P and below works very well and produces smooth playback, as does HDMI audio passthrough and auto frame rate adjust working well.

Tried a couple of the latest releases but the same issues are present.

Good to see it working though and I'm sure that it will improve steadily.
                                EXPERIMENTAL Build using latest sources:

LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g-EXPERIMENTAL.zip

CEC doesn't work with this version, but 4K VP9/H.264/H.265 60FPS does work.

Comment

Working...
                                X