This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twevers View Post
    Hey Pinguy, did you test the 7.0.2.008 already yourself? I'm trying to grab it from http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.2.008 but the link seems to time-out. and I need the original one from Kazq
    look at the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post

look at the first post.
      I did but I suppose that is the file modified by you to work with twrp? or is it the original from kszac?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I already tried playing with brightness and contrast.

All formats are not quite right and that demo was just a good example of where it is extreme.

When comparing to how it should be it is definitely sub par.

That is not to say that it is not eminently watchable but the difference is noticeable.

But with the same thing being the case on all Android firmwares, I think that it will be a case of waiting for SDK improvements.
        On the TV can you test theses settings. I think the issue is due to the TV being set to BT.709 when it should be BT.2020.
        • Samsung: Go to Menu > Picture > Advanced Settings > Color Space and select ‘Native.’
        • Sony: Go to Settings > Picture and Display – Picture Adjustments – Advanced Settings – Color – Color space and select ‘DCI’ or ‘BT.2020.’
        • LG: Go to Menu > Picture > Picture Mode Settings > Expert Control > Color Gamut and select ‘Wide.’

This page has some pretty good info: http://uk.rtings.com/tv/tests/pictur...ci-p3-rec-2020

And here are some test patterns to help set the Brightness: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...libration.html

Black Level should be set to 'High' on the TV when using RGB Full,

And

Black Level should be set to 'Low' on the TV when using RGB Limited,

Comment

I don't have a specific setting for Rec.2020 on my TV.

I have altered the full and limited range settings (and many others) but neither makes any difference of note.

But I would not worry about it too much as it's still very good and I'm sure that it will only improve.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

To install LibreELEC you need TWRP.

This is the TWRP recovery for S905X. To install, rename the file recovery.img and place it onto a 16GB or smaller Micro SD card and put it into the box. Then hold in the reset button while powering on the device and it will boot into TWRP. You can install TWRP to the box recovery by going to install, selecting "image" instead of zip, and flashing it to "recovery".

The MD5 for TWRP is: 46cb115fbe0d31c4ed3db72179963003

Once the TWRP recovery is installed you can now flash LibreELEC. The version you want to install is this one: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip (Works with both 1/2GB RAM Models)

I installed this TWRP and now I want to get rid of it. I want the normal recovery for android back. How to do this? Google is telling me it's not possible to remove TWRP from the recovery, unless I install the original recovery for my box. I don't have this!!! Please help

Comment

just tried this on my nexbox 1/8 and installed twrp ( I thought) and flash the zip I modified dtg.img with the one for my box (I thought) now when it boots i see a 905s splash screen then it goes to " starting debugging shell... type exit to quite... can't access tty: job control.... after trying again i get the twrp to boot but i have no image file for the box does anyone know where i can get one
              Last edited by joeblow3; 10-15-2016, 16:47.

Comment

Originally posted by joeblow3 View Post
                just tried this on my nexbox 1/8 and installed twrp ( I thought) and flash the zip I modified dtg.img with the one for my box (I thought) now when it boots i see a 905s splash screen then it goes to " starting debugging shell... type exit to quite... can't access tty: job control.... after trying again i get the twrp to boot but i have no image file for the box does anyone know where i can get one
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Thats the default Android image for your box. But you could try flashing LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip in TWRP. That version works with both 1 and 2GB models.

You may of messed up re-creating the zip after replacing the dtg.img.

EDIT#

If there is enough demand for the 1GB models I could create the Zips for them. But as I have said. The only difference will be the dtg.img file, and most people should be able to replace the file themselves.

EDIT2#
                Last edited by pinguy; 10-15-2016, 19:18.

Comment

Hello Pinguy,

What I mean, and I think that Joeblow3 also means is that the normal Android recovery isn't available anymore since we installed the TWRP to the internal NAND of our boxes. (like in photo 1).
                  Holding the reset button while putting the power on, now gets to the TWRP. From in there, I'm not able to install the default Android ZIP image for my box (which I have). The TWRP is giving errors saying the ZIP isn't the one for my box.
                  Before, with the android-recovery, that image installed without any problems.

Your right, with TWRP I can install the 7.0.2.007 (or 8) and that's just find...except for my remote, that doesn't work, not even with the remote.zip you posted before, my remote isn't in there. But that's not wat I want, I just want to get rid of the TWRP, I want the normal android recovery back like before, and than install my default android image. (After that, I want to install the 7.0.2.007 (or 8) from Kzaq from within the Android system upgrade, so it takes over the remote from the android.
                  Your version of the ZIP file isn't installable from within my android and so it doesn't take the remote conf...

Please just tell me how I can undo the TWRP install from my internal NAND memory and get back the normal android recovery when holding the reset button and putting the power.

KR
                  Tommy

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello Pinguy,

What I mean, and I think that Joeblow3 also means is that the normal Android recovery isn't available anymore since we installed the TWRP to the internal NAND of our boxes. (like in photo 1).
                    Holding the reset button while putting the power on, now gets to the TWRP. From in there, I'm not able to install the default Android ZIP image for my box (which I have). The TWRP is giving errors saying the ZIP isn't the one for my box.
                    Before, with the android-recovery, that image installed without any problems.

Your right, with TWRP I can install the 7.0.2.007 (or 8) and that's just find...except for my remote, that doesn't work, not even with the remote.zip you posted before, my remote isn't in there. But that's not wat I want, I just want to get rid of the TWRP, I want the normal android recovery back like before, and than install my default android image. (After that, I want to install the 7.0.2.007 (or 8) from Kzaq from within the Android system upgrade, so it takes over the remote from the android.
                    Your version of the ZIP file isn't installable from within my android and so it doesn't take the remote conf...

Please just tell me how I can undo the TWRP install from my internal NAND memory and get back the normal android recovery when holding the reset button and putting the power.

KR
                    Tommy
                    You need to use the USB burning tool. If that isn't an option I can make you up a zip that you can flash within TWPR to restore the default android recovery. But using the USB Burning Tool is the best option as it will also re-install the Android Image.

EDIT#

Link me to the 'default Android ZIP image'. It will probably install via TWRP. If I was a betting man I bet that the zip has a zip inside of it. If it does. That zip will install with TWRP.

Comment

Comment

You need to use the USB burning tool. If that isn't an option I can make you up a zip that you can flash within TWPR to restore the default android recovery. But using the USB Burning Tool is the best option as it will also re-install the Android Image.

EDIT#

Link me to the 'default Android ZIP image'. It will probably install via TWRP. If I was a betting man I bet that the zip has a zip inside of it. If it does. That zip will install with TWRP.
                        Nope it isn't containing another zip. Here's the default android-zip, which isn't installing on my box via TWRP. (error messages appear telling me it's not the correct image for my device, however it is the correct one because I installed it before via the default android recovery)

https://mega.nz/#!qMZj1STa!1gH4qoQVG...nOj9A0P-kdf4as

I quickly read-in to the USB Burning tool. I'll need to connect the box to my pc but I don't have a USB-cable with an A-male-connector on both sides...grrrr so that's not an option.

Comment

Nope it isn't containing another zip. Here's the default android-zip, which isn't installing on my box via TWRP. (error messages appear telling me it's not the correct image for my device, however it is the correct one because I installed it before via the default android recovery)

I quickly read-in to the USB Burning tool. I'll need to connect the box to my pc but I don't have a USB-cable with an A-male-connector on both sides...grrrr so that's not an option.
                          Could it have been an update that you installed from stock recovery over an existing installation?

Full images tend to be single .IMG files these days.

Comment

Could it have been an update that you installed from stock recovery over an existing installation?

Full images tend to be single .IMG files these days.
                            Tnx for your answer but it's not what this is about. I've installed the TWRP recovery image in Post #1 into the recovery of my box. That has overwritten the stock android recovery. That's another thing than the full img of the adroid-operating system...

Comment

Tnx for your answer but it's not what this is about. I've installed the TWRP recovery image in Post #1 into the recovery of my box. That has overwritten the stock android recovery. That's another thing than the full img of the adroid-operating system...
                              Now that I can see your link, it is for an OTA update, not a full image, hence me asking the question in the first place.

Comment

Now that I can see your link, it is for an OTA update, not a full image, hence me asking the question in the first place.
                                OK I misunderstood :-) My link is the only thing I have. And I was able to install it via the stock recovery that came with the box (after pressing and holding the reset button, powering on and in the android stock recovery choosing install from ZIP...This was going perfectly. However, now, since I installed the TWRP recovery...It won't let me install that ZIP anymore...errors: not correct image for device hardware...or something like that). So I'm kinda stuck...

Comment

Working...
                                X